Foglight Prewire?

I guess you could do that. They'd be on all the time. For me that's not much of a problem, but it would be nice to turn them off. It would be as simple as cutting the power wires to the fog lights and running a new wire to the parking lights. I would use a relay though, so it would not tax the parking light circuit anymore than it already is.

• 1 month later...

I hate the fact that the fog lights can only come on when you turn on the parking lights or headlights, or when its dark and the autolights come on. We leave the light switch in the auto position pulled out so that when its dark the headlights and fogs come on. I would love to have the fog lights wired so that when the switch is pulled out, they will come on whenever the car is on. In doing this i hoped that i could eliminate the fog cancel that happens when you turn on the brights. Has anybody attempted to rewire the power to the fogs so that they might work this way? I planned on dinkin around with them once the warranty wears out but im interested to know if anybody even had the same idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Curious Prinz!!... Did you ever get those foglights installed? And if so did you go OEM? Curious because I'm looking at the same and don't want to have to re-invent the wheel if you did it.

Ā 

I haven't yet because I am still waiting to see if the kit is going to be available. However, I just saw where someone is going through the process of trying it.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be me.

Ā 

I have everything I need except the connectors that plug into the bulbs. They are on order from ebay.

Ā 

Once I have them I will mfr a wiring harness and hook everything up.

Ā 

My only unresolved problems are exactly where to penetrate the firewall and exactly how to utilize the existing connector into the SJB. (The SJB has the male power spade connector for fogs power, but the associated plug-in does not have the corresponding female spade connection. One possibility is to "drill" out the slot so that my own female connector can fit through it.)

Ā 

Dave

Not much pre-existing. Nearly everything electrical is massed all together in one huge bundle with some sort of rubber diaphragm twisted about it. A few mechanical connections: such as steering wheel and hood release cable. I may go to autoparts store and see if there is any boot that can be used.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...

I'm not sure if this thread is still open but I'm also in the process of installing fog lights on my 2007 Edge. I have the OEM lights, bezzels and switch as stated on the previous post but I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to whether this wiring harness would work.

Wire Assembly - Fog Lamp - Ford (BC3Z-15A211-A)