2017 Ford Edge Production Information

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You are correct. That might be because the 2017 is going to look exactly the same as the 16, and Ford is saving money on photography costs. :) They have until 08-15-16 to make changes. :clapping:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/edms/content?chronicleId=0900cad9802d86ea

2016 Ford Edge Final Orders Due: 08-05-2016

2017 Ford Edge Order Banks Open: 08-15-16

2017 Ford Edge Production Scheduling Begins: 09-22-16

2017 Ford Edge JOB1 Production Begins: 10-24-16

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2016 Ford Edge Final Orders Due: 08-05-2016

2017 Ford Edge Order Banks Open: 08-15-16

2017 Ford Edge Production Scheduling Begins: 09-22-16

2017 Ford Edge JOB1 Production Begins: 10-24-16

So theoretically, what would be the approx. timeframe that one could expect to see 2017 Edge's at dealers? November?

More like January. Maybe late December.

oooh, that's bad (for me). Can't buy until Nov. No 2016's in the area with what I would want (the closest I can get doesn't have the driver's package and I have the adaptive cruise as one of my "must-have").

Oh well, I guess we'll see what inventory is like come Nov. 1st. If I could get one in 3-4 weeks, that would be a diff. story but seems like if you order it's more like a 8-12 week wait and that's just not going to happen for me.

But we'll see and hope that either there's 2016's that can be obtained then with what I want, or 2017's. Otherwise it'll be a Hyundai or Kia for me.

The problem is retail (sold) orders aren't built until the ok to buy is given which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, although in this case I would expect it to only be a few days. So it wouldn't be built until first week of November at the very earliest (and later if there are any delays of any kind).

Another option is to get a dealer to order a stock vehicle the way you want it. Those get built first - however they're also held for inspection and might need repairs and could end up being delayed longer than the retail orders.

Have you checked to see if a dealer has an order already in queue that they can change for you? Have you let the dealer search for the one you want? They can do a wider search than the one you can do yourself online. Also one might show up between now and November.

I think January would be a safe bet for a 2017 if you can wait that long. But even that's not guaranteed.

The problem is retail (sold) orders aren't built until the ok to buy is given which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, although in this case I would expect it to only be a few days. So it wouldn't be built until first week of November at the very earliest (and later if there are any delays of any kind).

Another option is to get a dealer to order a stock vehicle the way you want it. Those get built first - however they're also held for inspection and might need repairs and could end up being delayed longer than the retail orders.

Have you checked to see if a dealer has an order already in queue that they can change for you? Have you let the dealer search for the one you want? They can do a wider search than the one you can do yourself online. Also one might show up between now and November.

I think January would be a safe bet for a 2017 if you can wait that long. But even that's not guaranteed.

Thanks for the options. I'll have to call the 2 dealers that are reasonably close and see what, if anything, they would be willing to do. For some reason the "fully equipped" Titanium's seem elusive compared to the Hyundai and Kia's, at least in my area.

I'll ask over in the Ordering forum about some other things, to not obfuscate this thread. :)

I was at a dealership yesterday; apparently I can still factory order a 2016 and get it in 8-10wks. Still no detailed info or Order Guide for the 2017, but apparently the 2017 Edge Order Bank opens tomorrow, so I'll check back with them again next week. Their ETA on the 2017 was early/mid Dec as the earliest, but like akirby said I think that could be optimistic.

Question:

Are there minor changes they could make that don't get mentioned in the Order Guide? We know some colors will change and Sync3 will be standard on all Ford vehicles now, but what if they change smaller stuff (i.e. more sound-deadening)? I'm thinking the 2017 version may also have some minor engineering improvements from issues they found on the 2016 that might not get mentioned in the guide??

The order guide is posted over at blueovalforums. The only changes are floor liners and colors and Titanium wheels. I'll post it when I get a chance but here are the details.

EXTERIOR
● New
— 20” Premium Polished Aluminum (64Q) Wheels optional on
Titanium 301A and 302A
● Changed
— Titanium standard wheel changed from 19" Premium Luster
Nickel-Painted Aluminum to 19" Nickel-Painted Aluminum
— Description to remove “Ultra” from Titanium optional wheel;
20” Bright-Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Premium Dark
Stainless-Painted Pockets (64U)
— Front License Plate Bracket (153) has been moved from the
Free Standing Packages & Options (FSO) section on each
Equipment Group page to the Emissions page

● New Colors
— Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (R3)
— Canyon Ridge (C7)1
— Blue Jeans (N1)11
— White Gold (GN)11

● Deleted Colors
— Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
— Electric Spice
— Kona Blue
— Too Good to Be Blue

INTERIOR/COMFORT
● New
— Floor Liners, Front and Rear (16W) are optional on all series

PACKAGES
● New
— The Cold Weather Package (55C) has two new features;
Floor Liners, Front and Rear, and Windshield Wiper De-Icer

• Like 4

Wheels

Thanks for the heads up akirby!!! Ford.ca still shows the 2016 Edge. I wonder if the 2017 Order Bank is actually open right now?

P.S. I don't see a pic in your post above. Are the 19" wheels the same design, just a slightly different/darker colour?