2017 Ford Edge Production Information

Hey we just ordered a 2016 SEL Aug. 25th but on this post it has Aug. 5th as the last day for '16 orders. Anyone have an idea what might be happening with our order ? Thanks

I'm sure that someone, somewhere in the Ford organization, knows what the 16/17 production schedule actually is.

But they don't want to share it with us, or the dealers.

This is just a guess, but if they are still accepting '16 orders, they won't be able to schedule '17 orders until they know exactly how many '16s they have to build, and if they have '16 parts to use up.

Since I will probably use X-Plan to buy my '17, I may as well wait for it. They did this same nonsense when they switched over from the '14 to the new model '15.

The Order Bank has been open for almost 2 weeks now and my dealer still says he can't order a 2017 Edge yet... WTF

The quote is from Post #50, above, from a Canadian poster.

I'm in Las Vegas, working with 2 dealers, and get the same explanation.

They have absolutely shared it with dealers including updates that may have occurred since these dates were originally released.

A dealer who says they have no idea is either ignorant or lying.

So I have 2 questions: Why would 3 different dealers be "either ignorant or lying"?

Has anyone in the United States actually placed an order on a 2017 Edge, and has the paperwork confirming the order?

Anyone???

Simple - send a PM to ice-capades over on blueovalforums. Joey works at a dealership and can tell you exactly what info dealers have and the status on orders.

Maybe there is some unknown delay but its rare that someone reports a dealer who has all the info that Joey provides to us on the forum, and he's getting his info from the same place.

They either don't know where to look or don't care in most cases. Or they're trying to sell what's on the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone in the United States actually placed an order on a 2017 Edge, and has the paperwork confirming the order?

Looks like I'll have to answer my own question. No. Even though I tried, and no matter what the order bank schedule is.

The pic is of an order we worked on Tuesday, for a 2017 Edge Titanium. The numbers are for an X-Plan deal, thus the $100 Doc Fee.

I erased my personal stuff, but if you notice that the vehicle particulars are blank, it is because they have no way of getting the info from Ford. I was looking over the shoulder of the 2014 and 2015 Salesman of the Year (experienced), and every time he tried to get 2017 prices and info from Ford, he got a blank page. Because of X-Plan they were willing to do 2016 pricing if I signed.

So, being skeptical concerning dealers, I went to the second largest dealer in the area. It gets even worse.

I am so sorry I am just now getting back to you. I got a customer right after I got to work. You cannot order a 2017 right now its only 2016's. You wont be able to order a 2017 until December.

And both dealers know a 2016 is out of the question, because there is not a single Ruby Red/Ceramic Titanium AWD with the Driver's Package within 300 miles.

So, if you are trying to order a 2017 Edge with some notion of when it is going to be built, good luck.

post-32152-0-92413900-1473379303_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay. You're not going crazy, I'm getting the same type of info too. I checked with a couple different dealers in Ontario, Canada (including one in Oakville where it's made) and same story... it can't be ordered yet. I'm dealing with a very reputable person at one of these dealers too.

I also have insiders at Ford HQ. They feel it "should" be available to order (dealer allotments, etc) but as we know it's not. I'll push harder on this tomorrow because this is just silly for a carry-over that is getting a few colour changes.

None expected other than a few color changes (too good to be blue is being replaced with a slightly different blue).

The 2017 exterior colors for the Edge are Canyon Ridge, Shadow Black, White Gold, Magnetic, Blue Jeans, Burgundy Velvet, Ruby Red Metallic, White Platinum, Ingot Silver and Oxford White. - I got these colors from a online Ford Rep just today.

The quote is from Post #50, above, from a Canadian poster.

I'm in Las Vegas, working with 2 dealers, and get the same explanation.

So I have 2 questions: Why would 3 different dealers be "either ignorant or lying"?

Anyone???

We ordered one two weeks ago and have an order number and paperwork. That being said, the manufacturer to dealer relationship is a mess. While searching for the one we wanted, we were told all kinds of conflicting info from Dealers. Even on the service side, dealers are very inconsistent and some are good while some are stuck in the stone age.

Also, most dealers "internet buying" is a joke and very frustrating. I had a list of criteria, and the #1 criteria was the non-turbo V-6 but the dealer "internet sales" team kept sending me the I-4 cars. I had to block them finally. It's difficult to search inventory across dealers. THe dealers just want you to "come in to the dealership" so they can muscle you and sell you something on the lot. They want to have physical visits and talk on the phone, I just want email and online ordering.

I can buy and sell a house online without ever meeting the other party and without leaving my home; I just did it. But you cannot buy a car from Ford without being forced into going to a Dealer and dealing with that idiocy. LIke I asked an online Ford rep; where is the "BUY NOW" button? I do not want to go to a dealer; the local one here sucks.

But in the end, I had to go to the dealer and do a bunch of forms on paper (ever heard of DOCUSIGN?) and listen to bad jokes.

The buying process is stuck in the stone age. There is little or no data interaction from Ford <> dealers. There is no use of data analytics or presenting data to customers in a useful way; why can't I get a "progress" update on my order like DOMINOS PIZZA does?

This doesn't even touch on service. I know for a fact my local dealer where I ordered this has a service department stuck in the stone age. I dread working with them on the new Edge.

Edited by jlkansascity

The reason there is no "buy now" button is because the dealers don't want it and there is nothing Ford can do about it due to automotive franchise laws. It's actually illegal for Ford to sell vehicles directly and by the same token they can't control how the dealers operate.

You can use the online dealer inventory search for any zip code. It searches a 60 mile radius or so by default and you can use different zip codes for more coverage. The only downside is you can't tell for sure if the vehicle is in stock (could be in transit or recently sold) and you can't search by option package code (300A, 301A, 400A, etc.). But you can find the vehicles in the inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

From ice-capades who posted this on the All Ford forums:

Updated 2017 Edge Production Schedule per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

• 08/15/2016 - 2017MY Edge Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/29/2016 - 2017MY Edge Scheduling Begins
  • 10/24/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date

Scheduling starts a week later but the Job #1 Date stays the same as previously announced.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My Post #27 has the 2017 Edge Order Guide dated August 17, 2016.

This is the most recent 2017 Edge Guide, dated Oct. 1, 2016.

Can you spot the changes? :)

Hint:

LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Added: Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ to the SYNC® 3
feature list
● Added: “Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (standard on AWD only)” to
the SE Standard Equipment page
● Added: “Edge” to all FWD and AWD descriptions in the Series
section on the Equipment Group pages
● Revised: “Floor Liners” to “Floor Liners, Front and Rear” (16W),
optional on the Titanium, to align with all other occurrences of the
feature description
● Revised: Active Noise Cancellation to Active Noise Control on
the Sport Standard Equipment page
● Revised: Miscellaneous text changes for consistency/clarification
● Deleted: Windshield Wiper De-Icer as a new feature for 2017 Edge

2017 Edge 10-1 Order Guide.pdf

Edited by All Hat No Cattle
  • Like 1

The latest info from Ford, today.

Thank you for your interest in our 2017 Ford Edge! The vehicle was made available for order in late August 2016 and is estimated to arrive on dealership lots in mid November 2016. The Build-and-Price is normally updated to Ford.com closer to the availability of the vehicle for purchase, and we have confirmed the estimated time frame for the Build-and-Price to be on our website will be mid November 2016 as well. Please keep updated with http://www.ford.com/ and our Marketing Program Headquarters for the latest vehicle information.

If you have any further questions regarding the 2017 Edge, our Marketing Program Headquarters is here to help. You can give us a call at 1-800-334-4375 and we are available Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET. When you call, we can also schedule a demonstration drive at a time and dealership of your choice.

Well, the 2017 Edge Build website is up and running.

It also looks like they have a new labor agreement for Ford Canada.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-faces-midnight-deadline-in-canadian-labor-talks-1477935651

I wonder what this means below?

Unifor President Jerry Dias said just after a midnight deadline that Ford has committed about US$700 million for its Canadian facilities, most of which will go to retool one of two engine plants in Windsor, Ontario, for a “major new engine program.”

• Like 1

Well, the 2017 Edge Build website is up and running.

It also looks like they have a new labor agreement for Ford Canada.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-faces-midnight-deadline-in-canadian-labor-talks-1477935651

I wonder what this means below?

I hope it gets ratified, if you read some of the post here https://www.facebook.com/groups/318248465019492/?ref=ts&fref=ts it looks like it might have problems getting ratified.