What changes would you like to see for the 2018 Edge?

Chipster

While I don't own an Edge yet (still a maybe, I've gotta wait until I pass probation at work in Nov.).

Fog Lights

Cooled seats that actually work

"around" view camera (like the Kia/Hyundai)

Fold Flat front passenger seat

Proximity opener for rear hatch (like Kia/Hyundai) instead of trying to balance on one foot while you have heavy package/box in hands.

Power folding mirrors

Plus 2 for the power folding mirrors :)

The MKX has the 360 camera - it works great.

Not sold on the tailgate though - seems like it would open when you don't want it to. You don't have to wave your foot back and forth under the Edge bumper like I've seen some people do it - just a quick forward kick. Not hard at all.

In keeping with what changes for 2017, perhaps on the MKX, how about:

Bridgestone Airless Tires?

Cars that park in the garage by themselves?

IR heads up Fwd looking display to display the road in inclimate weather?

More knobs, less menus?

Sunvisor extensions (for when the sun is low in the sky).

Drains on EVERYTHING that contains fluids, transmissions, transfer boxes, brakes, power steering, etc.

And for the drop dead, absolute best sales gimmick ever; exterior paint that changes color per users preference. (As an upgrade option of course). Some days I prefer white, some days I feel like blue, or black or green or gray or ....

How about a cylindrical pocket in the front door interior cover to store an umbrella. (Branded merchandise of course).

HOW ABOUT A "GOOD" MAP SOFTWARE, not the total crap you have been using.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

• Cooled seats that actually cool my back rather than just freezing my butt

Folding mirrors

Better gearbox (current shifting is slow)

Gear shifters that are made of better quality material (very cheap plastic)

Launch control on the Sport (its slow to accelerate off the line as it takes a bit for turbo to kick in)

• 2 weeks later...

+ power folding mirrors

+ flat fold front passenger seat

+ power pedals w/memory (my wife is short, but doesn't want to be too close to steering wheel airbag) my 2011 explorer has this. Great flexibility.

+ fog lights (I think Edge is the only Ford car/SUV you can't get them on).

+ safety plus rating and all it includes (front corner crash and start/stop acc with pedestrian detection)

I believe Sport already has launch control. Disable traction control , step on the brake, step on the gas, release brake.

Also, Livernois has a tune out that adds another 100hp for when you get bored.

Hope that helps.

• Folding mirrors
  • Better gearbox (current shifting is slow)
  • Gear shifters that are made of better quality material (very cheap plastic)
  • Launch control on the Sport (its slow to accelerate off the line as it takes a bit for turbo to kick in)

• Folding mirrors
  • Better gearbox (current shifting is slow)
  • Gear shifters that are made of better quality material (very cheap plastic)
  • Launch control on the Sport (its slow to accelerate off the line as it takes a bit for turbo to kick in)

The cooled seats are supposed to cool the back as well as the butt. If yours isn't take it in for the TSB.

The cooled seats are supposed to cool the back as well as the butt. If yours isn't take it in for the TSB.

From what I've read the TSB does not fix the cooled back seat issue, see the link below. The back seats in my 2015 Edge work when you first turn it on, but then it stops cooling, and only the seat bottom cools.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20486-ventilatedcooled-seats-in-the-2016-fixed/

Euro Edge and Mondeo have a lot of MKX and MKZ features like folding mirrors, adaptive LED lights, etc. because Lincoln isn't sold in Europe (yet).

We need that feature here, and if it weren't for how reasonably priced the Edge is I would be looking at other manufacturers.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I agree with the folding mirrors and fog lights. As for the 9 speed, I agree that this is going to happen, I just feel that it will bring a lot of problems with it. Unless the mpg gain is considerable, why change what isn't broken? And please fix those cooled seats.

• 4 weeks later...