Global Open - windows

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I tried it on my 2011 Edge Limited. The BdyCM has two parameters for Global Open and Close. It offered 4 settings: DISABLE, Remote, Key, Remote and Key.  I enabled the Remote setting but nothing happened. I tried holding the unlock button on the fob for 5-10 seconds either alone or after unlock. Nothing happens.  ForScan was easy to use. Instead of trying to figure out which bit to set I didn't use the BdyCM as built module, just the next one BdyCM. It gives you a readable list of options that can be changed and double clicking them brings up the choices.  Maybe there is another setting that needs to be there but I can't find it. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

This is probably like Remote Start. Mine has been enabled on the dashboard menus since I got it and I saw that it was enabled in Forscan, but it at lease needs the antenna kit that I've read about on another topic here. Still not enough details that I fully understand what's needed. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Global window down and up

If you are using forscan, you have to enable the option in the Body module and the IPC module. Worked on my 11 Edge limited. I tried doing it in the BDY main and it didn't work. Once the option was added to the IPC instrument cluster it worked. I selected remote as the option in the BDY module. It appears to me that the IPC is the main controller of that function's ability to work. From there, you can tell the body module how you want it to work. I have not tried manual programming of two windows or the panoramic sunroof however.

Best of luck, I had to poke around quite a bit to get it to work.

• 1004ron changed the title to Global Open - windows