Considering Edge...

I despise manufactures don't stand behind their products.

I despise people who think they're entitled to something they didn't pay for or expect unlimited warranties.

The bearings are covered by the 5/60 powertrain warranty. You had the option to purchase extended coverage but you chose not to pay for it and now you want it for free.

Yeah right! I despise cool aid drinking ford nuts.A vehicle should not need bearings and hubs at 27,000 miles. None! regardless of the manufacturer! Nor a F'n PTU!

This is a known problem with the edge/ mkx! Service bulliten was issued for this problem! And, I just had the gas tank replaced which Ford did cover. I suppose the liability for someone possibly burning to death was too much for even Ford....go figure.

It's a 2009 Einstein! Warranty would be null and void since it is 2016. You can add and subtract? Can't you?

Yeah right! I despise cool aid drinking ford nuts.A vehicle should not need bearings and hubs at 27,000 miles. None! regardless of the manufacturer! Nor a F'n PTU!

This is a known problem with the edge/ mkx! Service bulliten was issued for this problem! And, I just had the gas tank replaced which Ford did cover. I suppose the liability for someone possibly burning to death was too much for even Ford....go figure.

It's a 2009 Einstein! Warranty would be null and void since it is 2016. You can add and subtract? Can't you?

Knock off the personal attacks. No, bearings shouldn't fail at 27000 miles. Nothing should, but things do fail early all the time ON EVERY BRAND. Every brand has lemons, too. It's the nature of complex mechanical devices.

Sometimes Ford extends the warranty on certain components and sometimes they don't. But outside of a government mandated safety recall (fuel tank) NO mfr is under any obligation to repair something outside the published factory warranty which includes both time and mileage.

If you wanted more coverage (you can get up to a 10 yr, 100K mile warranty) you could have purchased it and you'd be covered. That's the issue I have. The warranty coverage you want is available but you chose not to pay for it and now you think you're entitled to it for free.

The Edge most definitely has more problems than it should - no question there and that's on Ford. And it would be great customer service for Ford to extend the warranty on these recurring issues. I just don't think they're obligated to do that nor do I think other mfrs routinely do that either.

And YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion and so am I. A defective product design is defective regardless of the inability of the manufacturer to "nut up" and take responsibility! I would not have a problem with paying for repair of the PTU or BEARING HUB failure if it was a TRUE FIX. It is not! I essentially am just buying time until the next failure! Get my point? I don't think that is asking to much from Ford. So, that said, despise on Mr. Kirby...

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking that the bearings can go bad on a car that sits most of its life. (His car has only 1/4 of normal milage). Rust, grease failure, etc. (?)

You are making excuses for Ford. Ford Edge/MKX are notorious for premature rear wheel bearing failure, and for failure of the ptu unit. My local repair shop claims that these models are well known for failure before what is considered normal. They also told me that they replaced 14 ptu units on edge/mkx models since April of this year.

Google it and see the results.