Invoice price

And then there is the California price...haha. joking.

Honestly invoice will vary from dealer to dealer. A dealer who sells 10 Edges as opposed to a dealer sells 30 Edges a month will get a lower invoice price. The dealer was the one who told me that. He said we are a volume dealer and I know they are they sold 3 Mustangs, 1 Explorer, and 1 Focus while I was there.

I learned something from a friend of mine a long time ago. If you want to know if you got a good deal you should not have paid more than the MSRP out the door. I still hold that true today.

So basically as I mentioned above. The current incentives were $4.5k add another $4k to $5k on to that and you're at around $9.5k less than MSRP. Maybe I should restate that the "actual dealer cost" can be $10k less than MSRP. (or MS-"RIP")

For me I think timing of my purchase was a big factor.

I am really curious as to how much exactly did you pay for your titanium, I looked at 1 today just like yours, basic model with nav and thats it, the MSRP was at 34k and the dealer gave me 36 almost 37k OTD, and told me that thats their final offer. I am new to this car buying process so if you can share some tips with me that would be great, and also I heard that supposedly Ford is big on private cash thing, mostly between 750-1000, is it still true or not?

You should never pay MSRP for a high volume vehicle like a Fusion. Use the code above, go to Fordpartner.com and use the dealer inventory search to locate the vehicle at your local dealer and get the X plan price which is about $175 above invoice, give or take and should be at least $1K - $2K below MSRP. That price +/- $300 is where you should end up (before any factory incentives). To that price you'll have to add tax, tag and title fees and a dealer documentation fee (additional dealer profit) which can be anywhere from $75 - $700 or more.

• Like 1

I am looking at a new 2017 Ford Edge Sport that has a MSRP of 44,640.00. I was offered 5,000 off or 39,640.00. This includes all current incentives. Is this a good price or could I do better?

IMO, look at Truecar pricing for your area with that EXACT config. If you're under or close to the "lowest" price paid, I personally consider that a good deal. Or you could come to the albany, NY area and pay full MSRP as nobody will deal with you.

:)