The fastest Ford Edge in 1/4 mile

I am curious who has the fastest Edge and what the mods are. I know it's not a popular platform but I am sure the sleeper is out there.

My current setup is good for 13.417 @ 101

Mods: tune, drop in filter, race wheels

Random: spare and electric tire changing kit in the trunk good for around 100lb

Race weight with driver: 4670lb

Car: 2015 Sport AWD

post-39248-0-53881200-1470321969_thumb.jpg

Edited by 037
  • Like 1

I'm certainly not a person who would push the envelope in this car, my last car was a muscle car that made the Charger SRT look slow with just an intake and a tune, that car never saw the track.

I am having just a little fun with this one.

I meant serious racers need to step up.

Maybe someone I know will best my record this Friday with a FWD and actually post a slip...

• Like 1

I hear ya. What we have been lacking is aftermarket downpipes for the Edge, regardless of MY. Those can be easily good for 2/10 at the track esp if the OEM part has restrictions. A meth kit would probably require adaptation, but should be doable. May even mount a tank in the trunk if serious about it :) for possibly another 1/2 second off the quarter mile. Plus you get to keep the intake valves clean!

EDIT: if you are into E at all, mixing in some E85 to get to E20ish (with a tune) will yield nice results, even without methanol in the mix.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I'm probably done modding.

Right now just trying to see what the race wheels can do for me in terms of improvement, I don't think I ran my bestest time yet due to weather, guessing best time will come in November. We do have a thing in September where I will meet with someone and maybe run side by side, that would be fun.

As a new owner I think you will have bigger issues to check for first like water leaks on your carpet, seat coolers working properly, trick power steering not going haywire...important stuff.

Either way, the fastest time should be held by a FWD vehicle as AWD power loss is like 30%

As a new owner I think you will have bigger issues to check for first like water leaks on your carpet, seat coolers working properly, trick power steering not going haywire...important stuff.

Either way, the fastest time should be held by a FWD vehicle as AWD power loss is like 30%

I did not want to know that yet. I was hoping those issues were resolved with the 2015 MY. I could not find a single Edge without that giant moonroof as I never use them. I needed many of the options in the 401a package so there was no way to avoid the cooled seats.

I take it back...I had the seat issue where the back heated up, I think they are using rear cooling vents to cool the back seat which also makes the front seat less hot, I closed those and the seat was super warm in the back area, I was very annoyed as I never use the heat option, ever.

I am probably going to stay stock as I want to see how well the drive trains are holding up in the modded Edges. If these are the 6F55's, I believe the Flex and Explorers are holding up well with the 3.5 turbos.

With the Fusion Sports, hopefully there will be more options coming.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Im a new owner of a 2017 Ford Edge Sport. Traded in a 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0. I wanted more room and power. I just raced my brothers 2015 Jeep Cherokee FWD with the 3.2 engine. I lost by a car length 0-60. His vehicle destroyed my Escape. Im confused since his vehicle is stock and rated 15.1 in the quarter mile. Should I take my Edge in to the dealership and have checked out?

Im a new owner of a 2017 Ford Edge Sport. Traded in a 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0. I wanted more room and power. I just raced my brothers 2015 Jeep Cherokee FWD with the 3.2 engine. I lost by a car length 0-60. His vehicle destroyed my Escape. Im confused since his vehicle is stock and rated 15.1 in the quarter mile. Should I take my Edge in to the dealership and have checked out?

That is a great story...

0-60 is awful in the sport.. ok not awful, but definitely not great. 6.2 seconds (2016 motortrend) is not exactly the most thrilling. I'm sure lag has something to do with it.

I'll reiterate what 037 said, traction control off, sport mode, torque brake it to 2500rpm then mash it to the floor.