My 2016 Ford Edge Sport - Hardware Add Ons and Software Modificaitons

• 2 weeks later...

used the code from the f150 spreadsheet, gonna go mess with it again though and see if it was just a fluke

Do it again this happened to me using same spreadsheet. I think it failed 50% in and I didn't realize. I used the same numbers a second time and it works the way it should now.

Fob in pocket outside vehicle, car running, doors shut...no honk :)

• Like 1

It has never honked when you leave the fob in the vehicle with the engine running. At least mine don't.

mine always had, If I got out drivers seat and shut door with car running and fob inside the car in wifes purse, it would double honk (2nd fob is always at home). It was one very annoying issue which would lead to the passenger in the car doing everyhing so the driver didn't have to get out

Do it again this happened to me using same spreadsheet. I think it failed 50% in and I didn't realize. I used the same numbers a second time and it works the way it should now.

Fob in pocket outside vehicle, car running, doors shut...no honk :)

You should send me what you changed then as well to make sure it was done properly.

Nick, if you have the sheet available and can PM him. I don't have my computer with me this week. I know it was in BCM and if I recall was changing a 7 to a 6? That's all I remember off hand

The fail was from using a bad scanner that I had tried hacking. Second time was with my new OBD. That may have made a difference as well

Edited by Tjm623

It is important to do these modifications properly. You don't just copy a line from someone else and put it in, especially its if from a different vehicle line. You have to be aware of the change which is usually only one byte. When you understand what needs to be changed you compare it to your original line and change just that one item up or down by the change that was made on what you were looking at.

Some bytes control multiple features and not just single items.

It is important to do these modifications properly. You don't just copy a line from someone else and put it in, especially its if from a different vehicle line. You have to be aware of the change which is usually only one byte. When you understand what needs to be changed you compare it to your original line and change just that one item up or down by the change that was made on what you were looking at.

Some bytes control multiple features and not just single items.

I understand that, using that spreadsheet the only things I attempted to change were values that matched 100% to my stock value and when changing it was usually one or two digits and by one number. The beauty of forscan and downloading my vehicles AS-BUILT data is I can try one line and if it works, great! If not, I have default numbers right there and go back, it also has a built in checksum calc so I don't think you could really end up doing anything too terrible.

Regardless, still good advice to heed for others who have zero idea what they are doing. You are right I would not suggest just deleting and entire line and putting random numbers in