Add remote start 2015 Edge

thank you @candurin and @zman31.

I too will be diving into this once I am back home after the holidays. I just need a good source for the wiring diagram for the 3 parts mentioned above. I thought about just paying the 72 hour period on motorcraft unless their is a better/cheaper solution?

I was also told that the 5 button FOB required the additional antenna as it operated on a different RF frequency... I went through the in-car programming of the 5 key, and it does not lock/unlock the car, however the info displays key programmed successfully..

• 2 weeks later...

Candurin,

I've got a quick question on this for you. I have a 2014 Edge SEL with basic sync screen and back up camera with dual climate. I want to add remote start myself and just wanted to make sure I purchased the correct items. My Edge also has the power lift gate. I haven't opened the rear panel to see if the antenna is already installed. It's been too cold to do that.

My understanding is I need these parts for remote start to function on my Edge -

DA8Z-15603-A - antenna kit

DA8Z-19G364-A - 100 series plugnplay

BT4Z-19G366-A - Hood switch kit (I already have the wiring available)

If I understand I can download forscan and get a ODB bluetooth tool to activate remote start. My biggest question is basically can I avoid purchasing part # DA8Z-19G364-A and just order the 5 button IKT remotes on Ebay and program remote start? If that's possible I could save a lot of money.

I appreciate if you can help out in any way.

Thanks

I believe it was originally believed that if your Edge had a power liftgate that the remote start (109 series/short range) antenna was included. Many owners reported that this was NOT the case (the explorer does, but apparently not the edge). So, here's your options:

1. Buy the full kit (BC3Z-19G364-A) - this includes two key fobs and short range antenna.

2. Buy the antenna only (DA8Z-15603-A) and purchase non-OEM IKTs on eBay (I went this route, in addition to my remote access kit).

3. If you do actually have the antenna already from the factory, then you only need two remote start IKT (OEM part number is DA8Z-19G364-A) or you can find non-OEM ones on eBay.

You also need the hood switch (BT4Z-19G366-A).

To ultimately answer your question, despite my long-winded response... yes, if you do have the RFR antenna already installed in your vehicle, you can simply buy IKTs in eBay and turn on the feature in forscan with a BT OBD adapter (or have your dealer so it via IDS).

Edited by candurin

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for that link, gonna message them ask if it will work on a uk edge

For everyone who wants to use the factory remote why are you not buying one of these kits? Something wrong with these that I missed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-2016-2017-Ford-F-150-Fusion-Edge-Remote-Start-System-PLUG-and-PLAY-Kit-/272532882480?hash=item3f7439c430:g:bGEAAOSw2xRYjCRo&vxp=mtr

For everyone who wants to use the factory remote why are you not buying one of these kits? Something wrong with these that I missed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-2016-2017-Ford-F-150-Fusion-Edge-Remote-Start-System-PLUG-and-PLAY-Kit-/272532882480?hash=item3f7439c430:g:bGEAAOSw2xRYjCRo&vxp=mtr

Didn't know there was aftermarket "factory" VSS modules. You'll still need to buy RFR antenna, aerial, fobs etc to create a kit. The only thing contained in your link is the VSS module and OBD t-harness.

My guess is that the reason people are not getting the one you linked, is because you can find the OEM ford version for less (DT4Z-19A361-A).

Edited by candurin
  • Like 1

So your saying if I buy the factory remote kit DT4Z-19A361-A, I can T it in while in my driveway and have remote start with triple click of the fob that came with my car with no visit to the dealer? That is what this ebay kit enables. Im looking into this for my wifes 2015 SEL, she has no interest in long range remote starting. She wants it for starting it from the kitchen of the house in the morning and thats it.

Looks like I may stand corrected. I should have looked at the eBay link more closely. It seems as though the aftermarket VSS also has the code built into it that activates the remote start in the IPC.

It also allows you to use your pre-existing keyfob.

Although you can use forscan and an OBD Bluetooth kit to activate a ford OEM VSS as well.

Seems as though that eBay device is pretty neat.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Ebay seller here. Couple of the Edge guys directed me to this forum. Sounds like you guys have the OEM remote start option figured out. I love the idea that you can use FOB with the factory remote start button. Are there any drawbacks to the system? I keep reading about an antenna may or may not be needed.. I would assume the range would be a bit longer than ay, adding my kit to and using the lock button to activate remote start. We are a dealerhip based shop, so 99% of the vehicle I get my hand on are brand new. Did a remote start on a 17 fusion that had 8 miles today, and a 17 f150 that was still in demo mode.

Since there seem to be some pretty knowledgeable people in here, I have a question. Any of you work at a dealer? I've had someone look into the horn honk feature.. as in turning it off so the horn doesn't honk when you keep pressing the lock button. I've researched and came up with nothing on the dealer side. I did, however, read that you can turn it off with the purchase of an ELM327 OBD adapter and some free Forscan software.

Ordered your module yesterday, now got to wait till I get it to this side of the pond,

We can't have remote start over here, even if we could install all the factory gear, we couldn't get it activated by dealers etc.

So your module looks a good idea for us, when I fit the module and if it works on the UK/ euro Edge, I'll try disabling the honk with forscan.

• 2 weeks later...

It sure does, I been in contact with him, ask him if it compatible with a UK model,

He said as long as I have the gateway module that the device plugs into,

I can't find it on mine,

but am sure forscan tells me I have a gateway module A

Hi, ian whu, how to use the forscan to check if there is gateway module there or not? I am alos interesting in this remote start kit. Thank you

Eh are you sure? If you install the right remote start module and get the fob with remote starts button they should be able to program it. FORSCAN can enable remote start.

If you did it youself and bought and reprogrammed the remote yourself (also can be done in forscan). You could save yourself a pretty penny on labor.

I know with f150s aftermarket OEM remote start was as simple as that and if you didn't have forscan finding a dealer that would enable the option/key for you. It then worked as if you had it from factory

Another option to look into is if the 15s can get sync connect when they start selling those. My wife's 17 has it and her phone from any distance can start the car. It has a cellular connection in it. It's also got the ability to lock and unlock car and set up a remote start schedule(example: 4:30 pm M-F start my car for 5,10, or 15 minutes).

I know when it does come out 16s can add it

I know there is another option ford sells that is what your talking about that is an extra fob. But I think that's just a cheaper option

Do you mean the key fob can be programmed in forscan? Would you please to indicate how? I have I Ford Edge Titanium Eboost 245 made in Chia in 2016, I try to program a spare key fob but failed

It sure does, I been in contact with him, ask him if it compatible with a UK model,

He said as long as I have the gateway module that the device plugs into,

I can't find it on mine,

but am sure forscan tells me I have a gateway module A

Is the GateWay Module listed in Forscan as following Picture?

post-45266-0-52429800-1486733934_thumb.png

I've ordered the eBay module,

Is just landed in the UK, but I'm now away for a week vacation, so hopefully a neighbour takes it in for me,

Will then try it n3xt Monday

Okay Ian whu, please keep me informed no matter it works or not, and if possible show me the position of the GWM(gateway module), it would be better with a picture.

Thanks