Checksum information

---------------------------

Name: SYNC3 NAV V1 TO V22.zip

Size: 1728118492 bytes (1648 MB)

SHA1: 38C41ECD34D85F4B69DCCAF0505CFA580A456E78

SHA256: 5C725E1E261CA59E6E643D3D4CDE1677D41F2A559448F81499 E342954C351B49

CRC32: 4F7B9C95

CRC64: 9451E65177117035

So if we flash this one and ford releases it on the owners site to download and it is different can we flash their "official" one over it if needed? Also excellent idea with the hash's that is a much needed thing to display. This is the file the dealer would install if you went in correct? Thanks for your time and efforts on this update.

Malcolm

One more download link!

Sorry for going dark after initial testing. This is what I have been dealing with the last 24:

attachicon.gifIMG_6425.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6412.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6422.JPG

Wife had somebody turn left in her path on the way home from work. Her Expy did it's job, and she walked away just sore. Couldn't be more thankful Ford built a safe Vehicle! She was doing 45.

Think Ford tweaked the speed on the recent update, and response is good. The Text receive screen is different, and has less options.

One more download link!

Sorry for going dark after initial testing. This is what I have been dealing with the last 24:

Wife had somebody turn left in her path on the way home from work. Her Expy did it's job, and she walked away just sore. Couldn't be more thankful Ford built a safe Vehicle! She was doing 45.

Think Ford tweaked the speed on the recent update, and response is good. The Text receive screen is different, and has less options.

Glad she is OK. vehicles can always be replaced

• Like 1

One more download link!

Missed this post glad she is okay.

I have made another mirror of the NAV version since it took forever to get it and the google ones are currently down.

Make sure to check the Hash as on Jason's previous post.

https://mega.nz/#!GhZRyDgb!AAM04HkOIQK4Rq89gUffnOB95vCSNvQOyyq5tubBUss

Malcolm

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the update guys !!!

Some questions :

1) Would trying this update void warranty ?

2) Is Ford still on plan to release the update via OTA ?

3) Would I need to go to dealer even if I dont care for CA ?

1. Should not as it does not damage the car but of course if it goes wrong then they can say it was on you maybe but I think it would be hard pressed.

2. Probably eventually.

3. We are using it with AA after the update fine you need the new USB hub only if you want to also use CP. After the update you have to go to settings and enable AA that took me forever to figure out as my phone would connect but not show anything on the screen once that is toggled the phone will recognize the car.

Thanks for sharing the update guys !!!

Some questions :

1) Would trying this update void warranty ?

2) Is Ford still on plan to release the update via OTA ?

3) Would I need to go to dealer even if I dont care for CA ?

1 - no but if you screw it up and brick the system they may or may not fix it under warranty. Not likely but possible with any unauthorized update.

2 - I would think so but no way to know for sure.

3 - Not if the software is available OTA

Update worked fine for me on my 2016 Ford Edge Sport. I did find it odd that my Nexus 5 that I'm using to test requires Android Auto to be connected via USB for it to detect, I thought it worked over BT. Maybe because I also have an iPhone paired? Not sure. My primary device is currently an iPhone but depending on the interface I may switch back to a Pixel, however it would be nice to know why I need to have it plugged in to work.

Has anyone been able to get it working on their edge without being plugged in with version 2.2?

Update worked fine for me on my 2016 Ford Edge Sport. I did find it odd that my Nexus 5 that I'm using to test requires Android Auto to be connected via USB for it to detect, I thought it worked over BT. Maybe because I also have an iPhone paired? Not sure. My primary device is currently an iPhone but depending on the interface I may switch back to a Pixel, however it would be nice to know why I need to have it plugged in to work.

Has anyone been able to get it working on their edge without being plugged in with version 2.2?

AA requires a usb connection always. It uses USB for ui data and Bluetooth for audio, yeah it does seem dumb but it is probably to seemesly integrate the basic car functions into the stock head units. Edited by rvcjew
  • Like 1

Okay thanks for the confirmation, I guess I was under the impression that AA did not require a USB connection but CP did, which is why the hub replacement was so important. That being said, the OG hub did work for AA :)

Now if only I could figure out how to update maps from NA1 14...

Okay thanks for the confirmation, I guess I was under the impression that AA did not require a USB connection but CP did, which is why the hub replacement was so important. That being said, the OG hub did work for AA :)

Now if only I could figure out how to update maps from NA1 14...

The issue is the Hub in the 2016 and 2015's is not Apple certified. It works with AA out of the box, the people that want to use CP have to swap the Hub. Have one on order.

• Like 1