Come On Ford, Give Me A Break!!!!

I think with X plan the doc fee is limited to $100 or so vs the big doc fee (read mostly pure dealer profit) of $399-$799 (or more depending on which manufacturer). Can you confirm the doc fee amount? Thx

THIS WAS 2014

Document Fees
Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

Doc Fee Charges should be detailed on the AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement located in number 4.

On the actual deal paperwork, they start with the X-Plan price, and added sales tax, doc fee, title. There is no mention of an advertising fee.

It's already included in the X plan price either way so it should never show up on the buyer's order. But in the past it was always shown as a separate line item on the dealer invoice along with the fuel fee. In the past this made it hard to use the internet to get an accurate dealer invoice price and because the FDAF fee varied from vehicle to vehicle, region to region, which is why it wasn't included in online dealer invoice pricing sites. Hopefully they stopped doing it and just included a standard fee on all vehicles as part of the base price.

I think with X plan the doc fee is limited to $100 or so vs the big doc fee (read mostly pure dealer profit) of $399-$799 (or more depending on which manufacturer). Can you confirm the doc fee amount? Thx

THIS WAS 2014

Document Fees

Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

Doc Fee Charges should be detailed on the AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement located in number 4.

Yes it's limited to $100.

OK, more good news. ETIS finally updated the Build date, to 06.05.2017. So, I'm assuming that is May 6.? That is interesting, because the 6th was Saturday.

From the dealer.

Arlene's Edge has been built and is currently awaiting shipment! Should be here in about 2 weeks.

I'll keep you posted. Have a great day!

Ford Marketing, at 1-800-334-4375, gave me an ETA of May 25 today.

• Like 1

It looks like I am the only one on the Forum that has an Edge on order, if I am following this thread correctly, LOL.

But, for future reference, if your salesman is not giving you updates like this, I would ask, why not?

Passing through IN this am. ETA looks to be late next week or early the week of the 22nd.

It looks like I am the only one on the Forum that has an Edge on order, if I am following this thread correctly, LOL.

But, for future reference, if your salesman is not giving you updates like this, I would ask, why not?

I have an Edge Sport on order. It was built on 5/5, a day ahead of yours. I was told that it was on a rail car on the 6th headed west. I am in central California. My 2015 Edge came west through Elko and Sparks Nevada and I suspect this one will take the same route. Both of ours could be on the same train and yours would probably head south from Elko as mine continues west. Just guessing. MJB3

Both of ours could be on the same train and yours would probably head south from Elko as mine continues west. Just guessing. MJB3

Now that would be cool!

BTW, my first post on this thread about ETIS still applies, LOL. Man, I hope I don't end up with a 2015 Leaker!

post-32152-0-04179900-1494611670_thumb.jpg

Edited by All Hat No Cattle

Seems like such a long time since you started this process. I'm glad you're finally getting it. You've been patient!

Thanks. This is probably our 20-25th new vehicle, 13th or 14th Ford, so we don't get that excited about a new vehicle any more.

I'm recounting this experience because of the first dealer screw-up, and the AS delay, so others can learn from it.

BTW, talked to the dealer today, unrelated to the purchase, and he mentioned that it is passing thru Utah, right on schedule. We'll see how it goes.

Edited by All Hat No Cattle
  • Like 1

My Edge Sport arrived in town this morning. Will probably pick it up tomorrow. MJB3

It's raining Edges, LOL. :yahoo:

Arlene's Edge has arrived!! I am off today but my guys just called me and let me know. We still need to check it and and safety inspect it (as you know).

Are you available around noon tomorrow to come down and take it home?

Of course, the wife has something scheduled for most of tomorrow, so Thursday looks like it.