Need APIM help please

lodhammerdin

Does anyone know how to find out what the item number is on my APIM? I keep seeing numbers like this on used items..........ID BT4T-19C107-AA thru AP I need to know if these are universal parts and I need to only match the year, make and model or do I need a specific item number? Thank you in advance.

Send me your VIN and I can look it up

-Benny

• Like 1

I am in the same boat with a failed APIM for my 2011 Edge Limited

The Ford dealership quoted $1200 to repair -

Benny, if you're still following this thread would you be able to look up my VIN and give me the part numbers? Or since I have the same year as thatqtpie, would the part #'s be the same?

Thanks!

Benny-

Any suggestions as to where I can get one from? Thank you for the quick response. GOD BLESS YOU!!

This specific type of part is not offered for sale online from retailers like ourselves. It needs to be sourced from your local dealership but this does not mean you cannot shop around over the phone with dealerships in your area. The Suggested List Price from Ford is 650.67 and the old unit is most likely required in exchange.

-Benny

• Like 1

I am in the same boat with a failed APIM for my 2011 Edge Limited

The Ford dealership quoted $1200 to repair -

Benny, if you're still following this thread would you be able to look up my VIN and give me the part numbers? Or since I have the same year as thatqtpie, would the part #'s be the same?

Thanks!

Yes send me or list the VIN here and I will look it up

-Benny

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I have been thinking that it may be cheaper to get a whole new audio system installed like a nice Sony or Pioneer system with all the bells and whistles. I've searched for extended warranties to cover my system but can't find any. I really appreciate your help today. You have given me so much information regarding this issue. I am truly greatful. I will definitely shop with you for my auto needs. Take care

• Like 1

Good Morning I just had to update you all..I started my Edge this morning & the very first thing that I noticed was the digital clock...what happened next, MY SYSTEM BOOTED UP!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

TYLER4532 try unplugging the gray plug that is located on the right side of the cover where the fuse are located on the driver's side. That resets the entire dashboard and navi system. That's what I did different this time. I did it on Tuesday afternoon and everything is working again. I may need an APIM but right now I'm so happy to have my system up and running!!!

HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND EVERYONE AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH EVERYONE WHO ARE IN THE PATH OF THE HURRICANES. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Benny,

I am in Calgary Canada with a failed APIM module on my 2011 ford edge sel.

Part Id BT4T-14D212-AN

The dealer is quouting me CAD 2000 which I cannot affordat this moment

But they told me if I could find an used APIM with a matching ID and they could programme it for me for $500, they also said there is no guarantee that will work.

Can you pls advice me on your experience and is there any revision on the orginal part ID mentioned above.

Thanks in advance

Hi Benny,

Part Id BT4T-14D212-AN

But they told me if I could find an used APIM with a matching ID and they could programme it for me for $500, they also said there is no guarantee that will work.

Can you pls advice me on your experience and is there any revision on the orginal part ID mentioned above.

Thanks in advance

Jason, who is a member here has a website, http://www.fordpimods.com/navigation-mft.html, that sells used APIM for adding NAV with the programming required to suit your vehicle for $650/-. Seems to be a much better deal than your dealer.

• Like 1

Hi Benny,

Part Id BT4T-14D212-AN

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Equivalent part numbers and engineering numbers would be as follows:

Engineering # Service Part #

BT4T-14D212-AN BT4Z-14D212-AF

BT4T-14D212-BS BT4Z-14D212-BA

A module with any of these label numbers would be compatible

Thanks,

Benny

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day.....This is for anyone who needs an APIM and the dealer is giving you an outrageous pricing for the item + installation.....contact Jason@fordPImods.com.

JASON ROCKS!!!!!!! HE IS QUICK TO RESPOND TO ALL EMAILS...(WE HAD 60 TO BE EXACT) AND THE MODULE IS ONLY $500.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VISIT THE DEALER! EVERYTHING IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED!

I INSTALLED IT MYSELF!! MY SYSTEM IS RUNNING FLAWLESSLY!!

HE HAS THE SOLUTION TO THE FAULTY APIM & I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE MET HIM BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM!

GOD BLESS YOU JASON! MAY YOU CONTINUE TO HELP & ASSIST THOSE IN NEED OF A NEW APIM.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Benny. Hope you're still following this thread! I purchased a 2011 Edge SEL from a local dealer here in CT about 2 and a half months ago. After 2-3 weeks the screen started to go black and the heat would go on, then the ac etc... Here's what it's doing. When I first turn the car on, everything is working. Within the first 15-20 minutes....and sometimes I can make a full trip to or from work/home (30 minutes), I’ll get the “Temporarily lost communication with the touchscreen” on the instrument cluster and the screen will say “System off to save battery”. At that point, the screen will turn on and off….then the audio will work for anywhere from 5 seconds to 45 seconds, then I’ll get the System off message, and the temporarily lost message. Eventually, depending on how long I’ve been driving, the screen and everything below will go blank. Just so you’re aware, I have the SYNC 2 where there are no “standard” knobs below the screen. They’re basically small rectangular, almost like touch screen buttons that control the heat/ac etc… Further, the heat and/or ac will sometimes stay on when the screen goes totally black, and other times it'll go off (not fun here in CT where it was 5 degrees this morning!). Not all the time, but sometimes. And lastly, sometimes I’ll turn the car off, remove the keys and open the door…the screen will either be black, or will have the system off message and the audio from the stereo will continue to play (if it came back on while driving). I emailed Jason @ myfordmods and he seems to think this has something to do with the "can bus system". Before I bring the vehicle to a dealer and have them troubleshoot what exactly is wrong with it, I wanted to get your advise. You and Jason seem to be the 2 "go to" guys from what I've seen when it comes to MFT issues. Any advise/knowledge you can send my way would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks very much in advance!

Hi Duke,

I am sorry for the short answer here but I am not trained in servicing or trouble shooting these vehicles and would not want to lead you in the wrong direction. Jason is certainly more knowledgeable technically and I have seen him offer great advice many times. Should you need any repair parts we can certainly help in that case. Best of luck with the diagnosis.

Thank you,

Benny

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This thread is strictly for parts questions, as in which parts fit my car, what is the cost, etc etc. :) THAT Benny can help with!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10937-employee-pricing-on-all-parts-accessories/

As to your question, please find attached the document for 12M02

post-23566-0-34463400-1517228073_thumb.jpg

so unfortunately, it does not look like your Edge has APIM warranty coverage anymore.

If you use owner.ford.com, you can check outstanding actions/warranty extensions for yourself.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

CSP 12M02-S1 APIM Warranty Extension.pdf

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 month later...

I also ordered an APIM from Jason and IT IS THE WAY TO GO!! I copy and pasted this older post bc it is soo accurate. Contact him! You won't be misled or disappointed.

**This is for anyone who needs an APIM and the dealer is giving you an outrageous pricing for the item + installation.....contact Jason@fordPImods.com.

JASON ROCKS!!!!!!! HE IS QUICK TO RESPOND TO ALL EMAILS...(WE HAD 60 TO BE EXACT) AND THE MODULE IS ONLY $500.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VISIT THE DEALER! EVERYTHING IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED!

I INSTALLED IT MYSELF!! MY SYSTEM IS RUNNING FLAWLESSLY!!

HE HAS THE SOLUTION TO THE FAULTY APIM & I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE MET HIM BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM!

GOD BLESS YOU JASON! MAY YOU CONTINUE TO HELP & ASSIST THOSE IN NEED OF A NEW APIM.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...