Looking for someone who can disable the horn's "double honk"...

I'm looking for someone with enough knowledge who could disable the horn's "double honk" feature when getting out of the car. I don't have the tools, much less the knowledge to do this… (My car is a 2016 Edge). Can someone help as I'm definitely not able to do this myself.

Thanks,

Claude. ;)

Edited by 2FAST4U

As you don't have the tools nor knowledge, it would probably be best to run it into the dealer and have him do it. Probably charge 1/2 hr to do it.

They might not be able to do as it's a liability & a safety issue.

akirby's solution is probably the best way to handle the situation.

Edited by lildisco

Pretty easy, but it's not something that can be done remotely, unless you have your laptop & obd2 adapter & forscan already & connected to the Internet

I have the ELM327 and Forscan, would you please tell me which module and which code should be changed to stop double hornk?

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

I can tell you for certain (and first hand experience) that no Ford dealer will do this. I tried several different ways and what you're asking them to do is to deviate from Ford's "as built" configuration of your vehicle and since this is a so called "safety feature", there is no way in hell they'll do it.

In an adjacent "new" thread the code info you seek was there.

BdyCM 726-16-01 0111 56 (Double Honk Enabled, Default)
BdyCM 726-16-01 0101 46 (Double Honk Disabled)
# 3rd digit number is 1: double honk enabled
# 3rd digit number is 0: double honk disabled
My dealership's mechanic whom I asked (strongly requested, attempted to bribe, coerce, side job, theoretically - "I have no idea how that happened") to disable this, he said that he'd found these exact settings in the BCM (body control module) but changing them would deviate from the "Ford as built configuration" and that he asked up the food chain and got "ABSOLUTELY NOT" from everyone.
Edited by Tacyon

The module programming or AsBuilt data is different for 2015+ Edge & 2016+ MKX. They now follow the newer Ford "system", so they are similar to 2013+ Fusion, 2015+ F150, 2016+ Explorer... Etc.

These are the ADB values for 2015+ Edge:

BdyCM 726-41-02 0001 0000 0071 (Double Honk Enabled, Default)

BdyCM 726-41-02 0000 0000 0070 (Double Honk Disabled)

# 4th/12th digit number is 1: double honk enabled

# 4th/12th digit number is 0: double honk disabled

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Here is THE TRICK to make the horn honk STOP when closing the door!

Hold your FOB above the door metal (Up by the glass) while closing the door.

Then hit LOCK (Once!)

On my; former 15 Fusion TI - the honks were longer than on my new 17 Edge TI.

The 'short' honks bother my ears much less AND when closing the door,

I can actually LOCK the car on the side handle. (Without pulling out the FOB).

Try it...

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Guest MichaelK
On 2/22/2017 at 4:48 PM, 2FAST4U said:

I'm looking for someone with enough knowledge who could disable the horn's "double honk" feature when getting out of the car. I don't have the tools, much less the knowledge to do this… (My car is a 2016 Edge). Can someone help as I'm definitely not able to do this myself.

Thanks,

Claude. ;)

I found a dongle that disables and optionally re-enables the double honk, for a variety of vehicles. Its made by 4d tech and i used it successfully on my 2020 ford edge.  I dont need this 99 dollar dongle and will sell it for half price plus 9 dollar shipping

Enables and disables the "double horn honk" when you remove the keyfob from a running vehicle (push button start)
Simple DIY vehicle programming
Maintains factory & extended warranties
Non-refundable once used
Guaranteed to work on compatible vehicles below 
COMPATIBILITY:

TYPE 1: | 15-20 F-150 | 17-19 Super Duty | 15-19 Mustang | 14-20 Fusion | 14-20 MKZ | 15-20 Edge & MKX | 16-19 Explorer | 18-19 Expedition | 18-19 Navigator | 19-21 Ranger 

Twitter blondeboyncali 

3 hours ago, Guest MichaelK said:

I found a dongle that disables and optionally re-enables the double honk, for a variety of vehicles. Its made by 4d tech and i used it successfully on my 2020 ford edge.  I dont need this 99 dollar dongle and will sell it for half price plus 9 dollar shipping

Enables and disables the "double horn honk" when you remove the keyfob from a running vehicle (push button start)
Simple DIY vehicle programming
Maintains factory & extended warranties
Non-refundable once used
Guaranteed to work on compatible vehicles below 
COMPATIBILITY:

TYPE 1: | 15-20 F-150 | 17-19 Super Duty | 15-19 Mustang | 14-20 Fusion | 14-20 MKZ | 15-20 Edge & MKX | 16-19 Explorer | 18-19 Expedition | 18-19 Navigator | 19-21 Ranger 

Twitter blondeboyncali 

"Non-refundable once used" - thus can you really sell it, or do you mean Non-refundable once used by the new owner once you sell it?  

On 2/22/2017 at 4:48 PM, 2FAST4U said:

where do you live? maybe you can find someone with forscan and a OBD device nearby who would help you.

Not only is ODDLink MX+ one of the best devices for FORScan but its an essential part of any automobiles owners tool kit! 

• Turn your iPhone, Android device, or Windows PC into a professional-grade diagnostic scan tool
  • Recommended adapter for FORScan, Torque, BimmerCode, Dashcommand, AlfaOBD, Carista and many more
  • Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia
  • Clear Check Engine Light and get more live parameters (ABS, SRS, TPMS, etc) than any other scanner
  • Over-voltage and battery drain protection, firmware updates

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 12:48 AM, 2FAST4U said:

Thanks,

Claude. ;)

Does anyone know how we can enable this feature on the European Edge ?

Edited by niceonept

25 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

I expect that you can enable/disable the double honk the same way its done with the NA models, OBDII interface and Forescan.

Thanks. They don't seem to be that expensive so have ordered a "BD-II Diagnostic USB Elmconfig Device Switch CAN BUS Trouble Code Scanner Tool for American Cars" I found on t' interweb. Just need to learn how to use it now!

Edited by niceonept

22 minutes ago, niceonept said:

Thanks. They don't seem to be that expensive so have ordered a "BD-II Diagnostic USB Elmconfig Device Switch CAN BUS Trouble Code Scanner Tool for American Cars" I found on t' interweb. Just need to learn how to use it now!

Not all, but many of the real cheap OBDII devices don't work well with Forscan.

6 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Not only is ODDLink MX+ one of the best devices for FORScan but its an essential part of any automobiles owners tool kit! 

• Turn your iPhone, Android device, or Windows PC into a professional-grade diagnostic scan tool
  • Recommended adapter for FORScan, Torque, BimmerCode, Dashcommand, AlfaOBD, Carista and many more
  • Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia
  • Clear Check Engine Light and get more live parameters (ABS, SRS, TPMS, etc) than any other scanner
  • Over-voltage and battery drain protection, firmware updates

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

What about the ODBLINK EX?  Half the price but doesn't support blue tooth.  Not that I care about blue tooth.  

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=sxin_10_alexaas_2?cv_ct_cx=obdlink+mx&dchild=1&keywords=obdlink+mx&pd_rd_i=B081VQVD3F&pd_rd_r=ef886832-7d6c-4c1e-a29e-430decbdc1de&pd_rd_w=wXtct&pd_rd_wg=FzZVC&pf_rd_p=2599a0d6-796c-42da-b9ff-5db33061aca0&pf_rd_r=JX99BM1Y5W65WJ8QCWTB&qid=1623257121&sr=1-3-509f3c19-353d-402d-9e8e-afdddb9f06c9

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, muzicman61 said:

My brother has that one. Completely forgot about it! Its an excellent choice. Its made by the OBD team! One key advantage over the MX+:  Since its hardwired you can do firmware updates via FORScan.  You would need access to a beta version of FORScan to utilize that feature.

• Thanks 1