Track Time Results

STB130

Sorry it's been a year plus since we promised to post a track slip and Dyno sheet however after multiple scheduling and Tuner set backs we did manage to get a few runs in on the last night of the season.

Car #69...:yahoo:

Notes:

- Due to a bad o2 sensor we weren't at 100% which caused high end breakup but we can promise an improved showing at the next opportunity of which we'll update this this post with.

- Dyno sheet will also be posted here once we can squeeze into one of our sponsors Dynos schedules...:clapping::hat_tip::ford:

Thnx @zfgracing

Watch Ford Edge Sport Record Quater mile (12.29): 
https://youtu.be/ZwkMhzYebAE

20191108_173600.jpg

20191108_211611.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Xtra said:

OMG!!! 12.29 that is way fast for any type of car, for a Crossover that's just insane fast.  Congratulations on a new world record :number1: , your hard work has paid off .  Awesome job ! :happyfeet:

Thanks for your support & encouragement Xtra but it does get crazier...:woot::lurk:

We were limping at the track due to top end breakup caused by a o2 sensor that was going bad and eventually went bad after the first run which in turn set off the nannies to protect the motor of which the ECU started pulling back power on the last 2 runs and we still pulled those speeds & times...:rating:

The hybrid Turbos performed way better than we could have imagined, providing lots of boost!!!

Up to this point we and the Tuners were very frustrated with the complexity and depth of the Tune tables for this platform however after the top end breakup at the track and some other potential Tuning scenarios that could have ended in catastrophic engine failure we have come to realize the rational for this complex Tune program/tables, Ford programmed in a large amount of motor protection.

Therefore thank you Ford...:ford::ford::ford:

To be continued after an o2 sensor replacement, more Tune Revs, Dyno time then off to a warmer track or wait for Spring...:hat_tip: 

BTW, she's still a great daily driver with climbing mileage!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, snmjim said:

We were limping at the track due to top end breakup caused by a o2 sensor that was going bad and eventually went bad after the first run which in turn set off the nannies to protect the motor of which the ECU started pulling back power on the last 2 runs and we still pulled those speeds & times...:rating:

The hybrid Turbos performed way better than we could have imagined, providing lots of boost!!!

HA HA limping to a 12.29 world record. Wow !!! When you get the bugs out your monster could be in the 11 second range . I never thought in a million years that an Edge could do that unless it was a dedicated trailered race car. Do you know how much boost you are making? 

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

HA HA limping to a 12.29 world record. Wow !!! When you get the bugs out your monster could be in the 11 second range . I never thought in a million years that an Edge could do that unless it was a dedicated trailered race car. Do you know how much boost you are making? 

27 lbs +/-

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow. There are some people getting some really good 0-60 times here. Are those dragy devices accurate? Think I will get one.  I would be absolutely pleased with 5 seconds to 60. I have been using my iPhone for my stopwatch. Is it true that winter weather means worse times? It is cold here in Chicago now. 

Edited by Markham12

• 2 months later...

I've seen onboard videos of the 2020 Explorer ST run and I didn't hear any skipping, some of those gears are so short that it is just wasting time with the shifts. I mapped out the output shaft speeds and engine RPMs for the ST's 3.0 and there are 2 or 3 gears that can be totally skipped and still keep you in the powerband for the 2.7/3.0

The 8-speed is just the new "Ford"/GM 9-speed but Ford took out a gear to make 8 (so 6-speed with 2 extra gears instead of 3 like on the Traverse), claiming they can get the same MPGs as the 9 speed without the extra gear. GM claims the 9 speed gearbox allows for a smoother driving experience.

Those are nice 1/4 mile runs and 60' times! The Explorer ST's with just a tune are in the 12.0x range, and the stock turbos can flow massive amounts of air.

2 hours ago, Metroplex said:

The 8-speed is just the new "Ford"/GM 9-speed but Ford took out a gear to make 8 (so 6-speed with 2 extra gears instead of 3 like on the Traverse), claiming they can get the same MPGs as the 9 speed without the extra gear. GM claims the 9 speed gearbox allows for a smoother driving experience.

That is the 8-speed with the 2.0 Engine. With the ST, the tranny is a 6F55 with two added gears, one between the old 1 & 2 and the other is an added over drive after the old 6th.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, omar302 said:

That is the 8-speed with the 2.0 Engine. With the ST, the tranny is a 6F55 with two added gears, one between the old 1 & 2 and the other is an added over drive after the old 6th.

Ok. That's not too bad then. That's 4 shifts to the 1/4 mile line, but that 2-3 is way too short. If you skip from 2 to 4, then it'll be bogging for a bit. Not the ideal setup.

The 10R60 was set up a bit better as you could skip about 2 gears without dipping below the powerband if you can somehow program it to skip those gears at WOT.

Edited by Metroplex
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who have been wondering what's going on with the dynamic duo father son team (SNMJimbo & Special_K) we figured you'd appreciate an updated SITREP.

We are in the final stages of refining the trans tune and tweeking the rear coupler on the AWD system.

We hope to have that done in time for when the tracks open and if all systems are a go and she is at her best we will be providing track slips and dyno sheets for our final record setting time, HP & torque.

We are shooting for the elevens!!!

• Like 1