Sync 3 Installed in a 2012 Limited

• 1 month later...

I upgraded to 3.0. It does clear up some minor issues (none of which I really ever noticed), updates gracenotes and adds the ability to integrate waze via mobile apps using Sync.

It only took 15 min or so and I feel it was worth it.

The easiest way to do it is find a VIN number for a 2017-2018 Ford Edge and add it to your syncmyride account. The website will then indicate that your 3.0 update is available. Follow the instructions (use a 16gb or larger usb drive). Once done, you can delete the VIN from your account.

Or you can use sync 3.0 (build 18093) file that is floating around on the web.

Both are legitimate and work fine.

Edited by candurin
  • Like 2

If you download it off the web be careful of its source. I read one report where the file had a virus added which was designed to brick the head unit. (His unit bricked after installing and he blamed the file).

I cant imagine how they would possibly plant a virus in it. Sync has pretty strong firewall built into the program itself to prevent unsigned programs from being installed.

I would image they pulled they pulled the usb drive out before sync reported the update was completed.

• Like 1

Not to prolong this, but how many computers have been hit by clever code writers, past firewalls, past virus checkers, past all kinds of protection. You just can't trust any software floating around the web. Adding a small bit of code and keeping the crc check the same is no big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question, I am new at this, so bare with me. Everything is ordered for my sync 3 upgrade. I have downloaded the as built files for my 14 Edge, and a 2016 Edge with same features. I am looking for a program to view/edit the .db files so I can see what I am looking forward to. Is there a specific file (windows) or does Forscan read them? Sorry if this has been answered, just didn't see it anywhere and I've been scratching my head non stop...thank you for the help in advance!

• 2 months later...

Recently upgraded to Sync 3 and noticed my heated seats don't work. I have the three level heat option displayed on the screen. I can press them and change the heat level but the seat never warms up. They did work perfectly fine when I used Sync 2. Had the same three level option also on Sync 2 screen. May be stupid to mention this but I was trying to test them while I had A/C running in the car because it's still warm here in Louisiana. Could it be they didn't work because I'm running my A/C? I have a 2014 SEL. Also to note I converted from 4" screen.

I just want to ensure they work properly before cold weather eventually arrives.

Any help is appreciated.

Candurin,

Any idea what the correct value should be? When I reference the F-150 or Explorer spreadsheets for Sync 3 settings it mentions adding a 3 for heated seats only. 2 mentions heated and cooled seats. I know on the 2014 there are three levels for the heat icon.

This is my current setting - 7D0-01-01 2221 0002 230F

Thanks

Have you tested it since you turned the vehicle completely off and back on? I had issues like that with my 2013 F150 (3 step heated and cooled) and 2011 edge (2 step heat) when I was programming them.

Candurin,

Any idea what the correct value should be? When I reference the F-150 or Explorer spreadsheets for Sync 3 settings it mentions adding a 3 for heated seats only. 2 mentions heated and cooled seats. I know on the 2014 there are three levels for the heat icon.

This is my current setting - 7D0-01-01 2221 0002 230F

Thanks

So I tested it again today on lunch break. Still not working. I can interact with the 3 levels on the climate screen but seats never heat up. I know when I used Sync 2 it only took like 30 seconds for them to get hot. My best guess is a programming error within Sync 3. I guess I'll try programming for the two level heat option and see if that helps.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...