Ford Edge factory repair manual

Sierra

Does it matter if it is Helm or Ford as long as it is an accurate and easily used manual? That said, I have no experience with that supplier. The website does say that it is an authorized factory repair manual and looks pretty comprehensive. And for $60 might be a bargain.

It says it is a factory authorized manual so one might figure it would be accurate, but you never know for sure. And it seems they've gone to a heck of a lot of trouble (building a website, offering sample pages, Ford authorization, etc..) only to be a bogus operation. Heck, I wish I had a dime for every Haynes or Chilton I've looked in only to find completely and totally inaccurate bs info. I did a cursory check on Google and they have a number of positive reviews so they are probably legit.

When you buy a Snickers are you absolutely, positively, sure that there is a Snickers bar inside the wrapper? No. But one can be reasonably assured by representation, past experience, and customer feedback and reviews.

EDIT: I posted this comment and then read Sierra's post. So unless Sierra is a factory-manuals.com shill, they are the 'real deal.'

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Yeah, probably licensing. Since they do advertise 'authorized' one might hope that Ford verified the content before allowing them to say 'authorized.' I would be interested in a review from Sierra. If it is legit and contains accurate illustrations and is procedurally correct, I might go for it. I have been using a Haynes hardcopy and it is hit or miss.

Interesting, prices seems reasonable, if not too low to believe.

I have been searching for an online service for factory manuals.

I use this site for my other Fords (and these are Factory Manuals) :

http://alldatadiy.com

but the 2017 Edge is not on it.

Since the 2015 is similar I did a year subscription on this site which recently added the 2015...not sure if it is "Factory manual" though

http://www.chiltondiy.com

The thing I like about the online services is up to date recalls and TSBs, etc.

I understand the up to date TSB thing, but I just don't care for subscription services. There are sometimes weeks or months that I don't look in a workshop manual (not the glove box manual, an actual technical manual) and I prefer not to pay a monthly fee for something I am not using at least a few times a month. But to each his own. And I can find recall and TSBs for free online. I paid about $100 for a .pdf Factory Workshop Manual for an '11 Edge. Darn thing is exactly 5166 pages long and covers things I will NEVER inquire about. But I have it when I need it and don't have to pay a monthly fee to use it. And I'll sell it eventually to whomever buys my car when I'm ready to sell it.

Does anyone have experience with this supplier of Ford Edge factory repair manuals. I am thinking of obtaining a factory repair manual for my Ford Edge from them.

Yes, they are legit. There is a long thread on the F-150 forum by people that have bought one, including me.

What they do is buy a 3 day subscription from Ford using your name and VIN.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/Index

Then they have a way of downloading all the PDF files applicable to your vehicle and compiling it into one download.

That being said, you can do the same thing yourself. Some guys on the 150 forum did it. But, it is very time-consuming, many hours of downloading. That is what you are paying for, and why it is as legit as you buying the subscription from Ford and having your nephew do the downloading.

My F-150 Manual is 10,343 PDF pages. I will be ordering one as soon as my freaking Edge actually shows up.

I bought the basic manual, and it works. But, it takes a lot of reading and searching to compile the info you may want.

The Enhanced version has the PDF links that actually work, so you can skip from section to section without paging thru 100 pages. Get it if you are going to be in the manual a lot.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, it was time to put my money where my mouth is.

Ordered my 2017 Edge Shop Manual on Sunday, showed up yesterday. They sent me an e-mail that there was going to be a delay because they were swamped.

The 644 meg PDF file is 13,312 pages. I paid $130 for the upgraded version, where the PDF links work. You can just click on a link and it goes right to that page. I have the cheaper version on my 2016 F-150 manual, the upgrade was not available. If you can swing the extra cash, go for the upgrade, much faster to use. If you are not going to use the manual that much, go for the basic, cheaper version, $70 for the 2015/16, $80 for the 2017.

You can pay with Paypal, so you have the Paypal guarantee if there is some problem. I bought 2 manuals, no problem, and the F-150 forum guys are still ordering these regularly. Yes, it is legitimate, LOL.

As I posted above, here is how this actually works.

Order instructions
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Hi! Good choice! Actually, the best for your Ford, Lincoln or Mercury car.
My name is Stefan and I am one of the www.factory-manuals.com owners.

Using your personal data (email, address, phone) , we will create a Ford CO account for you and we will start creating your factory manual. If you receive an email from Ford CO, please do not try to login into your account from Ford, at least until we deliver to you the manual. From this moment, you have two hours to ask a refund. After these two hours, we cannot offer any refund. We will pay a Ford CO subscription and we will start creating your unique factory manual.
After you download the manual, in 30 days we will delete your manual and all your personal data from our website.

• Like 1

I bought the version with the links not enabled. What does the camera link do?

orig.jpg

OK, it was time to put my money where my mouth is.

Ordered my 2017 Edge Shop Manual on Sunday, showed up yesterday. They sent me an e-mail that there was going to be a delay because they were swamped.

The 644 meg PDF file is 13,312 pages. I paid $130 for the upgraded version, where the PDF links work. You can just click on a link and it goes right to that page. I have the cheaper version on my 2016 F-150 manual, the upgrade was not available. If you can swing the extra cash, go for the upgrade, much faster to use. If you are not going to use the manual that much, go for the basic, cheaper version, $70 for the 2015/16, $80 for the 2017.

You can pay with Paypal, so you have the Paypal guarantee if there is some problem. I bought 2 manuals, no problem, and the F-150 forum guys are still ordering these regularly. Yes, it is legitimate, LOL.

As I posted above, here is how this actually works.

All Hat No Cattle

I suspect you only get part of the manual when you order the version without the links enabled. The 2017 Ford Edge manual I received a few weeks ago was only 6,491 pages, but I see yours is 13,312 pages. If this is the case the version I received is worthless.

If this is the case the version I received is worthless.

I agree. It is possible that I got too many pages, LOL. I wondered why the Edge manual was bigger than the truck manual.

I would e-mail Stefan, maybe someone screwed up. order@factory-manuals.com Put "Stefan" in the subject line.

When I ordered my F-150 manual last year, it showed up as about 8,760 pages. A few weeks later, I got an e-mail apologizing for the mistake, the tech left some pages off the download.

The new download was 10,343 pages. I did not request it, they found the mistake. Out of curiosity, I e-mailed Stefan to ask what happened, He explained that a tech downloads everything from the Ford site manually. One guy was missing pages by mistake.

Tell us how you do.

post-32152-0-22478000-1498071421_thumb.jpg

I bought the version with the links not enabled. What does the camera link do?

Good question, you made me try it, LOL.

It opens a new Window, and this guy gives a lesson on what all the colors mean.

I'll try to save the link.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/videos/WSMColorCoding_sf_EN.mp4

It works!!!

Edited by All Hat No Cattle
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I purchased this online manual for my 2015 Sport, and was blown-away by how comprehensive it is! Plus, since it is a download, you can save a copy to your computer, like I did, for easy referencing.

You'll need to submit your VIN number as part of the purchase, so that you're sure to get the proper manual for your specific vehicle.

I don't think you can go wrong on this, as it appears to be the same manual resource that Ford provides to their dealerships (my stepson is a Ford mechanic and concurs with my conclusion).

• 2 weeks later...