Ford Edge factory repair manual

Sierra

There are rule makers, followers & breakers... :whistling:

Which ones do you think are enjoying life the most... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

BTW, most copyrights generally pertain to reproduction for profit... :doh:

Note: The sooner all interested parties chime in the sooner I can make this happen... :2thumbs:

The people who shut down Napster's free music file sharing wouldn't agree with that. Besides, you're just trying to come up with excuses for an activity you know to be illegal... that's a sad commentary on people's moral compasses.

I'm surprised that the mods/admins on this forum would allow such illegal activity. This is a moderated forum so they can't claim the immunity that an internet service provider enjoys (i.e not being aware of or monitoring the activity).

• Like 1

That's not true. They generally allow copies for backup purposes but not to simply share with other people free of charge - that would defeat the purpose of selling the documentation in the first place.

If they wanted to give it away for free they would make it a free download.

I won't delete the topic but we can't support this activity going forward so please take it to PMs.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have experience with this supplier of Ford Edge factory repair manuals. I am thinking of obtaining a factory repair manual for my Ford Edge from them.

https://www.factory-manuals.com/expand-ford-edge-2015-2016-2017-factory-repair-manual-563.html

Yes, they are legit. There is a long thread on the F-150 forum by people that have bought one, including me.

What they do is buy a 3 day subscription from Ford using your name and VIN.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/Index

Then they have a way of downloading all the PDF files applicable to your vehicle and compiling it into one download.

That being said, you can do the same thing yourself. Some guys on the 150 forum did it. But, it is very time-consuming, many hours of downloading. That is what you are paying for, and why it is as legit as you buying the subscription from Ford and having your nephew do the downloading.

My F-150 Manual is 10,343 PDF pages. I will be ordering one as soon as my freaking Edge actually shows up.

I bought the basic manual, and it works. But, it takes a lot of reading and searching to compile the info you may want.

The Enhanced version has the PDF links that actually work, so you can skip from section to section without paging thru 100 pages. Get it if you are going to be in the manual a lot.

Thanks for the advice, I've following in your footsteps and just bought and downloaded the deluxe service manual for my 2015 Ford Edge Titanium V6 AWD. To aid anyone else considering doing the same, I'd like to add my review:

I must say, this manual is very comprehensive. I browsed it a little bit, and it seems worth the money to get the deluxe version rather than the standard, as the hyperlinks throughout the document are extremely helpful. The PDF is 12,807 pages long and it is over half a gigabyte in size - no, those are typos, this thing is huge. Navigating through the document with Adobe Acrobat's text search feature alone is time consuming to say the least, as you'll get multiple hits and it takes even a quick computer a little bit of time to scan through the text of nearly 13,000 pages.

On the vendor themselves: from sending payment (only PayPal is accepted) and providing my VIN, Factory Manuals had a personalized service manual available to download approximately 13 hours later. They advise that their target time for preparation and upload to their server is 12-24 hours. Overall, a great resource, an easy transaction, and a vendor who delivered exactly what they said they would exactly when they said they would. No complaints and I bookmarked them for use with another Ford in future.

All the best,

Andrew.

• 1 year later...