H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

I was surfing the interwebs a few minutes ago and I read on Car and Driver's website that the G2 Edge only gets .83g on the skid pad in stock form. I wonder with the H&R springs if that number would be bumped up some, or maybe more when Xtra installs his bracing kit?

Anyone with a H&R equipped Edge have access to a skid pad?

Sorry to jump in here. I think I'm going to order these H&R springs for mine. I've always disliked the wheel well gap and have always wished it was a little tighter or "sportier" handling wise. This looks perfect. But as with most mods, I wonder how the dealership will treat my warranty. I guess the rule of thumb is that as long as the mod is not a direct result of a problem, it wouldn't affect my warranty? In other words, say if a turbo goes out, they cant say "you altered the suspension so your warranty coverage of the turbos is void" right?

• Like 1

In other words, say if a turbo goes out, they cant say "you altered the suspension so your warranty coverage of the turbos is void" right?

That is the way I understand it. I have been in contact with Galpin Auto Sports about all my mods and that is exactly what they say. If the failure is not related to the mod then the Warranty is fine. I love my springs they are not extreme, just enough. The stance is right on, the ride is not harsh and it handles like a Go Kart. Whats not to like ??

Anyone with a H&R equipped Edge have access to a skid pad?

I would love to do that with just the springs then with the bracing kit & springs. A lot of times it is the tires that determine the G number as I am sure that a stock Edge Sport with racing slicks would post a much higher number.

That is the way I understand it. I have been in contact with Galpin Auto Sports about all my mods and that is exactly what they say. If the failure is not related to the mod then the Warranty is fine. I love my springs they are not extreme, just enough. The stance is right on, the ride is not harsh and it handles like a Go Kart. Whats not to like ??

who put your springs in? I guess any suspension shop in my area could do it for a couple hundred in labor?

I would love to do that with just the springs then with the bracing kit & springs. A lot of times it is the tires that determine the G number as I am sure that a stock Edge Sport with racing slicks would post a much higher number.

I would think a good performance summer tire would get decent grip. I'd wager that .83 would go up to .95, maybe more. I was thinking of something like this for mine - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5P&partnum=64YR1SPC5N0&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Edge%20AWD&autoModClar=Sport

I guess any suspension shop in my area could do it for a couple hundred in labor?

Any suspension shop can do it . The front struts are easy it is the rear that can be tough . Be sure to tell whomever you use to drop the rear subframe to install the rear springs. That is very important it is an easy job when you do that. If they don't drop the subframe it is a nightmare . Have the car aligned after you drop it . Some people wait a few hundred miles for the springs to set before they align. I had mine aligned at the same time the springs were installed to protect the tires. I have a few hundred miles on them now and I am having the alignment redone at Galpin Auto Sports when they install my 160* thermostat. I paid $400 for install and got them to toss in the alignment for that price.

I would think a good performance summer tire would get decent grip. I'd wager that .83 would go up to .95, maybe more. I was thinking of something like this for mine - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5P&partnum=64YR1SPC5N0&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Edge%20AWD&autoModClar=Sport

I am positive that a good summer tire would give better numbers. What's going to hold you in your seat @ .9G+ ? I have trouble now with the lack of lateral support with just the spring / lower mod. :woot:

• Like 1

appreciate the info...now at least I know when someone is trying to overcharge me...I'm sure I'll post pics of before and after as well...looking forward to the change for sure

You are welcome. Want to see the photos, hear about your experience and what you think about the ride when done.

• Like 1

of course Tire Rack is on back order for the springs now. Everywhere else they are at least $50 more. $233 is reasonable, so I guess I'll just have to wait. I cant seem to find them anywhere else with similar pricing. If anyone does see them, please let me know where so I can buy them asap.

They are supposed to ship within 2 weeks according to my receipt. When I asked if they were in stock just before I ordered them, they told me that they were made to order. Not sure I believe that though. I would think that H&R is a big enough operation to do regular production runs for retail distribution. But on the other hand I've had no problem getting refunds from CARiD in the past when things went awry on an order. I'm glad to know they will price match including free shipping.

Now the Tire Rack has 7/15 as next available ship date for this spring kit so hopefully I get mine way before then.

I'll update this post when I get them.