H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

They are supposed to ship within 2 weeks according to my receipt. When I asked if they were in stock just before I ordered them, they told me that they were made to order. Not sure I believe that though. I would think that H&R is a big enough operation to do regular production runs for retail distribution. But on the other hand I've had no problem getting refunds from CARiD in the past when things went awry on an order. I'm glad to know they will price match including free shipping.

Ā 

Now the Tire Rack has 7/15 as next available ship date for this spring kit so hopefully I get mine way before then.

Ā 

I'll update this post when I get them.

they are made to order and ship from Germany. The first initial run was only 4 sets of springs, at which I was able to get the 1st one made period. Aaron Vaccar will have 2 sets in stock also and will price match them.

• Like 1

I have been attending Supercar Sunday of late, http://www.supercarsunday.com and running the Mulholland Snake, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=GWhe1pbOBzE post-46130-0-66270900-1497914277_thumb.jpg as well as a few other select spots after the show.

This last Sunday I found myself running with a brand new bad ass Corvette and the week before with a McLarin. As it it not a race but spirited driving I have found that I can run with these super cars, sometimes in front sometimes following. This would not be possible without the addition of the H&R springs. Having Rotora 15inch 6 pot brakes up front helps as well. The only problems are learning the road, lateral support of the seats and that huge "A "pillar creating a blind spot on tight left turns. Otherwise I run with them just fine . I receive tons of compliments on the Edge Sport and have received thumbs up from surprised supercar owners after running a canyon with them.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

I have been attending Supercar Sunday of late, http://www.supercarsunday.com and running the Mulholland Snake, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=GWhe1pbOBzE attachicon.gifThe Charm of the Snake.jpg as well as a few other select spots after the show. This last Sunday I found myself running with a brand new bad ass Corvette and the week before with a McLarin. As it it not a race but spirited driving I have found that I can run with these super cars, sometimes in front sometimes following. This would not be possible without the addition of the H&R springs. Having Rotora 15inch 6 pot brakes up front helps as well. The only problems are learning the road, lateral support of the seats and that huge "A "pillar creating a blind spot on tight left turns. Otherwise I run with them just fine . I receive tons of compliments on the Edge Sport and have received thumbs up from surprised supercar owners after running a canyon with them.

This only confirms my thoughts. The handling on my Edge has easily been improved 10 fold with these springs. Even on the stock Pirelli's I can take turns at silly speeds that I wouldn't think of without them. It will only get better next summer when I get my hands on some Michelin Latitude Sport 3's. I can't wait. Cheers!

• Like 1

they are made to order and ship from Germany. The first initial run was only 4 sets of springs, at which I was able to get the 1st one made period. Aaron Vaccar will have 2 sets in stock also and will price match them.

Ā 

Should I expect these to ship to me directly from Germany or you think they will go thru CARiD first?

Good score! wish I saw that before waiting 2-3 weeks. I should have mine sometime next week if I'm lucky. I'm curious to see how consistent the ride height change is from car to car with these. I will measure mine before and after. I'll measure the tire to fender gap like Xtra shows in his pics, and I''ll also measure from the wheel center to the fender and eliminate the tire from the equation.

Good score! wish I saw that before waiting 2-3 weeks. I should have mine sometime next week if I'm lucky. I'm curious to see how consistent the ride height change is from car to car with these. I will measure mine before and after. I'll measure the tire to fender gap like Xtra shows in his pics, and I''ll also measure from the wheel center to the fender and eliminate the tire from the equation.

Ā 

I'm wondering the same. with the exception of nick, the pictures i've seen are all with the 21" wheels and i'm running the 20". not sure what the tire diameter difference is between the two.

Ordered the springs from Vaccar, they have been delivered to my place in FL but I'm away for 2 more days. Any suggestions on where to do the installation? I usually do everything on my cars in NJ, but the Edge is at a condo in Pinellas County, FL and the association frowns on shade tree mechanics like myself.

Ā 

I'm wondering the same. with the exception of nick, the pictures i've seen are all with the 21" wheels and i'm running the 20". not sure what the tire diameter difference is between the two.

I'm also running the 21" wheels with P-Zero summers. Regardless, the 20" tires with 50 sidewall are pretty much the same outer diameter of the 21" with 40 sidewall. A more direct measurement is always from the wheel center axis so that the tire size/wear conditions aren't part of the measurement. As Xtra has shown with his, the drop will probably turn out to be slightly more than what is advertised, about 1.375" in the front and almost 2" in the rear. It looks to be the perfect amount of correction to the stance and wheel well gap.

Are you running 20" or 21" wheels?

20" wheels, the tires i got were 245/45R20 so they are like a centimetre smaller than what they should be, so i recalibrated the speedometer using forscan, but now the tires look slightly too small but you'll only notice if you're looking for it, and the new tires, I believe, feel more sticky than the oem hankooks or it may just be confirmation bias. I kinda wish I just went with properly sized premier LTX tires but then again if I did I'd probably just wish I went with the pilot sport. The pilot sports were hella expensive too so idk wtf I want anymore

• Like 1

Is everything installed? The exhaust and handling kit?

Ā 

I had the exhaust installed yesterday along with the strut tower brace. I did not install the entire bracing kit as the rest of the parts in that kit required holes drilled and a set of custom bolts machined for the rear suspension along with another alignment. The thermostat is on hold for a while until I can talk to LMS and Reische Performance about the fans and running with and without a tune. It appears that the fans need to be in sync with the radiator temps. I need more info on that. So far I have installed H&R Sport Springs, Strut Tower Brace, MRT Axle Back Exhaust, Rotora Street Challenge Brakes, LMS Tune, PedalMax, Custom Wrap and CilaJet