H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

I had the exhaust installed yesterday along with the strut tower brace. I did not install the entire bracing kit as the rest of the parts in that kit required holes drilled and a set of custom bolts machined for the rear suspension along with another alignment. The thermostat is on hold for a while until I can talk to LMS and Reische Performance about the fans and running with and without a tune. It appears that the fans need to be in sync with the radiator temps. I need more info on that. So far I have installed H&R Sport Springs, Strut Tower Brace, MRT Axle Back Exhaust, Rotora Street Challenge Brakes, LMS Tune, PedalMax, Custom Wrap and CilaJet

Where did you get the Cilajet done, and what was the cost? Or did you do it yourself? I was looking for a superior paint protection or wax that I could apply to my paint. Although I no longer need to worry about road salt during the New England winters, the SoCal sun is not so nice to auto paint and I'd like to start protecting it with something better than just carnuba wax.

Where did you get the Cilajet done, and what was the cost? Or did you do it yourself?

I had the Cilajet applied at Galpin Auto Sports, it is not sold to the public as a do it yourself application . It can only be applied by an authorized Cilajet dealer. I had the interior, exterior and the rims protected with Cilajet. GAS gave me a loner car overnight while the job was being done. With the Cilajet came a warranty that covers the paint and interior of the car and a free application in 5 years. The life is said to be between 5 and 7 years on an automobile. I use a California Car Duster in the morning before work and a spray detailer to remove any bug splatter or bird droppings. I also use the spray detailer to clean the rims, the brake dust does not stick and harsh chemicals are not needed to keep them like new, nothing sticks to the paint or rims. With Cilajet, dusting and spray detailer have kept the car so clean that I have only washed the car 4 times in 6 months. You cannot take the car to a machine wash with spinning brushes , hand wash only. It is amazing stuff. The only drawback is the price, big bucks at hundreds of dollars over $600 but under $1,000 depending on who does the job. With the investment of tens of thousands of dollars in a new car I felt that it was worth it as I have to keep it under a shade cover and not in a garage . So far I feel that it works as advertised and I am happy with the product.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was pleasantly surprised by UPS this morning with these! Finally arrived! I'm going to try to get them put in before the end of the week. I'll follow up with before and after ride height measurements.

attachicon.gif20170719_121350.jpg

Gotta love Christmas in July! I had mine installed, drove a couple hundred miles then had it aligned. Ride and handling is outstanding. Reminiscent of my 350Z. Very planted in corners....

• Like 3

:yahoo: Just picked up my Edge with H&R springs. Apart from being situated a litter lower to the ground, driving in a straight line definitely feels eerily similar to the stock suspension. It takes normal road conditions in stride and does not feel stiff or rough whatsoever. But as soon as I dip into a corner, the steering response is much more immediate and the body roll is non-existent. It feels so much better and I cant wait to take it to the canyons. Very happy so far, which was expected. Anyway, here are the before and after pics and ride height numbers:

H&R Springs Ride Height Analisys 001

OEM Springs Side View 01

H&R Springs Side View 01

Side note...it was nice to see that the springs leveled out the car to within 1/8" in the front and rear
There was a 1/4" difference in height from side to side with the stock springs.
After looking at the before and after pictures, the stock ride height just looks ridiculous in comparison
although, I think it does make the car's ass look bigger from behind now lol
Edited by roots57
  • Like 5

:yahoo: Just picked up my Edge with H&R springs. Apart from being situated a litter lower to the ground, driving in a straight line definitely feels eerily similar to the stock suspension. It takes normal road conditions in stride and does not feel stiff or rough whatsoever. But as soon as I dip into a corner, the steering response is much more immediate and the body roll is non-existent. It feels so much better and I cant wait to take it to the canyons. Very happy so far, which was expected. Anyway, here are the before and after pics and ride height numbers:

Side note...it was nice to see that the springs leveled out the car to within 1/8" in the front and rear
There was a 1/4" difference in height from side to side with the stock springs.
After looking at the before and after pictures, the stock ride height just looks ridiculous in comparison
although, I think it does make the car's ass look bigger from behind now lol

Nice...whose front mud flaps to you put on?

Nice...whose front mud flaps to you put on?

Those are just the OEM Gen II Ford Edge front splash guards. As you may already know, they don't yet make rear splash guards to fit the rear bodywork the Edge Sport trim. To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with how the front ones fit. Its not terrible, but could be way better. Someone posted close-ups of the way the front ones look, I think on a forum topic about splash guards specifically if you want to see for yourself.

are your wheels powder coated black?

Yes they are, I didn't like the low gloss gray 21" OEM finish, it just didn't match. So I bought the car with the 20" wheels and then bought the 21" wheels powder coated black with P-Zero tires from a place in Michigan for $2,100 shipped. In hind sight, I should have just bought it with the 21's and then had them power coated myself. It would have only cost me like $400 to get them painted. But at least now I have a softer all season set-up I can throw on if needed.

Those are just the OEM Gen II Ford Edge front splash guards. As you may already know, they don't yet make rear splash guards to fit the rear bodywork the Edge Sport trim. To be honest, I am pretty disappointed with how the front ones fit. Its not terrible, but could be way better. Someone posted close-ups of the way the front ones look, I think on a forum topic about splash guards specifically if you want to see for yourself.

Thanks, I was hoping you found custom fit ones. I was thinking about replacing the trim with non-Sport trim...any thoughts on that?

I was thinking just the front...such that the the front mud guards would fit. I suppose change out the complete side would make more sense. But I doubt I'll do anything. I just thought I would ask as I see so many people do various mods....

Edited by NoDTMF

Personally, I paid all that extra money for the more aggressive sport trim, I couldn't imagine replacing the body work with the base model stuff just to make mud flaps fit. I doubt you would find anyone else that would be thinking of this either. You would be much better off finding mud flaps you could cut to fit, or just wait and hope that sport version mud flaps are offered at some point. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...