H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

Umm..I sent it to you earlier and you replied "Sure" so I assumed that meant post it!

Don't recall however, to keep my senility factor in check can you please direct me to where I stated "Sure" so I can also get a reality check?

BTW, I reviewed the edits/updates, apparently twice now, and they're definitely beneficial.

I'm adding this one to my library of supporting Tech Docs, good job...???

Edited by snmjim

Don't recall however, to keep my senility factor in check can you please direct me to where I stated "Sure" so I can also get a reality check?

BTW, I reviewed the edits/updates, apparently twice now, and they're definitely beneficial.

I'm adding this one to my library of supporting Tech Docs, good job...

my bad...I sent it to Special K for approval......

• 8 months later...

So I recently bought a '15 Edge Sport and am looking to lower it a bit. After having done quite a bit of research, most notably in this forum, it seems like H&R are the way to go. Curious though, what has it done to each of your overall ride qualities? It rides really well stock, like I'm riding on a pillow, but I'm assuming that has mostly to do with the shocks...would that be accurate? I understand it will get a bit more stiff, but don't want to compromise ride quality as it's my everyday car. I mostly drive around town/freeways. 

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated!

fullsizeoutput_7495.jpeg

The ride is stiffer, but I now have more than 10K miles and I wouldn't go back. Far as I know, HR springs are the only springs. Drive for 100 miles after install and then get an alignment. I have 21" wheels. I have heard the 20" wheels can be a nice compromise since they will be a  little softer.

4 hours ago, NoDTMF said:

The ride is stiffer, but I now have more than 10K miles and I wouldn't go back. Far as I know, HR springs are the only springs. Drive for 100 miles after install and then get an alignment. I have 21" wheels. I have heard the 20" wheels can be a nice compromise since they will be a  little softer.

Just curious, why drive for 100 miles before alignment?  I know in years past people would say the vehicle would settle in, but does it actually?

I found on the Ford Parts website that the springs with the AWD and FWD are the same part numbers so I think I am gonna pull the trigger on these springs as well for my FWD Sport.

I found another manufacturer call Godspeed (that has a rather poor reputation for quality), they state their springs are compatible for both versions as well FYI.

So, question is... Is the install the same for FWD? Should I drop the rear subframe or is it easier with FWD?

Edited by Project_Edge

I guess one could argue settles vs seated. If on assembly, the springs rotate away from their stops, driving around will over time will seat them. Does that affect alignment, probably not. In my case front was still aligned, my rear was “way out” apparently, seemed to drive fine.

I guess I’d argue if the issue is a spring that is not properly seated, the installation was bad.

Think about springs like this - when you buy a new car, do you have to take it to get an alignment 100 miles after you’ve driven it off the lot? 

To the OP - the ride quality is negligibly less than stock. On ramps and twisties will be a helluva lot more fun with the springs versus without.

• 2 weeks later...

On the first page of this thread, there is a picture of a silver Edge with aftermartket calipers and rotors. Could someone help me find out more about these, or piont me in the direction of the owner of that Edge? I'd like to do the same to my 18 Sport. 

IMG_2439.jpg

Edited by CRJ
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CRJ said:

On the first page of this thread, there is a picture of a silver Edge with aftermartket calipers and rotors. Could someone help me find out more about these, or piont me in the direction of the owner of that Edge? I'd like to do the same to my 18 Sport. 

IMG_2439.jpg

4th post from the bottom of page 1 he states that they are Rotora brakes. See: http://www.rotora.com/street-challenge/

When in doubt always refer to this thread:

• Like 3

Hello CRJ,  I saw you car and you have done a nice job with it :victory: . That is my car a 2016 Sport and those are Rotora Street Challenge Brakes. The fronts are 380mm =15 inch cross drilled 2 piece rotors with 6 piston calipers and the rears are 350mm = 13.7" cross drilled 2 piece rotors with 4 piston calipers. The brakes still retain ABS and the electric parking brake. I have had them on my car for about 2.5 years now and they have never given me problems. I run them hard in the canyons that I live next to . IE:  Mulholland , The Snake , Stunt Road and many others, check them out on You Tube.  I have run these roads with other Edges that have stock brakes and I can tell you the stock brakes gave up within 20 min on these roads overheating and fading. I can run all day with no problems. You need to talk to Loren @ Rotora tell and him Extra sent you from this forum and he will work with you on the price. They are expensive but Loren is a good guy and should save you a lot. The slotted rotors are not as sexy as the cross drilled IMO but are more durable, but again I have never had a problem with my cross drilled in the time I have had them . You can PM me if you wish.

https://www.rotora.com/street-challenge

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 3:01 PM, Xtra said:

Hello CRJ,  I saw you car and you have done a nice job with it :victory: . That is my car a 2016 Sport and those are Rotora Street Challenge Brakes. The fronts are 380mm =15 inch cross drilled 2 piece rotors with 6 piston calipers and the rears are 350mm = 13.7" cross drilled 2 piece rotors with 4 piston calipers. The brakes still retain ABS and the electric parking brake. I have had them on my car for about 2.5 years now and they have never given me problems. I run them hard in the canyons that I live next to . IE:  Mulholland , The Snake , Stunt Road and many others, check them out on You Tube.  I have run these roads with other Edges that have stock brakes and I can tell you the stock brakes gave up within 20 min on these roads overheating and fading. I can run all day with no problems. You need to talk to Loren @ Rotora tell and him Extra sent you from this forum and he will work with you on the price. They are expensive but Loren is a good guy and should save you a lot. The slotted rotors are not as sexy as the cross drilled IMO but are more durable, but again I have never had a problem with my cross drilled in the time I have had them . You can PM me if you wish.

https://www.rotora.com/street-challenge

Today, I ordered a set of brakes from Loren. Did you do the install yourself? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CRJ said:

Today, I ordered a set of brakes from Loren. Did you do the install yourself? 

Congratulations! :happyfeet: Tell me about them . What color are the calipers and what disc did you get? Did you get the brake lines to go with them ?

As for the install I live about an hour away from Rotora so I had Loren install them at the time of purchase. Sorry I can't help you with that . As mine was the first ever with the electric parking brake I do remember that to install/ mount it some minor mod to the car was done. Talk to Loran about that if it comes up during the install . They may have changed things by now. 

If you have the skills and tools you might go for it yourself otherwise any good shop can handle it. 

6 hours ago, Xtra said:

Congratulations! :happyfeet: Tell me about them . What color are the calipers and what disc did you get? Did you get the brake lines to go with them ?

As for the install I live about an hour away from Rotora so I had Loren install them at the time of purchase. Sorry I can't help you with that . As mine was the first ever with the electric parking brake I do remember that to install/ mount it some minor mod to the car was done. Talk to Loran about that if it comes up during the install . They may have changed things by now. 

If you have the skills and tools you might go for it yourself otherwise any good shop can handle it. 

He offered me 3 different options.

OPTION 1:

AXLE

CALIPER

FINISH

DISC SIZE

DISC TYPE

Front

6-Piston

M. Blue

355x32mm

3D Drilled, 2-Piece