Xtra

H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

I'm wondering if everyone used these springs on the stock struts? Because I would like to lower my Edge without worrying about having to upgrade the shocks within a year or two...

1 hour ago, Live n Misery said:

I'm wondering if everyone used these springs on the stock struts? Because I would like to lower my Edge without worrying about having to upgrade the shocks within a year or two...

We've had ours on stock struts & shocks since 2017 without issues and we drag race periodically with it, 2016 Edge Sport...👍👍👍

Note:

We're considering going with the Edge ST struts & shocks...😉

Edited by snmjim

Perfect. Thanks guys!

In my opinion the stock set up is too floaty and this seems to be an inexpensive way to improve the handling as I drive fairly aggressively.

Just  replaced the fronts with Bilsteins. Front left finally blew out after about 40k of being lowered. Rears are still OEM at 78k 40k of that being lowered

This might be a silly question, but does lowering an edge on h&r springs have any negative effect on the suspension components and axle?  Or it handles the change well?

None that I've experienced. Still has the soft suspension but handles MUCH better. Now keep in mind I drive it "casually" fast, I don't race it. I had the same questions though, and I'm very pleased with mine.

2 hours ago, gene328is said:

This might be a silly question, but does lowering an edge on h&r springs have any negative effect on the suspension components and axle?  Or it handles the change well?

You have a 2011 I believe from reading your other posts. This thread is about the 2nd Generation Edge (2015+) which completely different, so the results might not be same.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:19 PM, gene328is said:

I've had H&Rs on my wife's 2011 SEL for ~40K, installed at ~120k.  No issues except some of my front sway bar bushings needed replacement as well.  My crappy Powersteering inline filter leaked on them and caused premature wear.  Pics of it show stock height w/stock rims.  The other is post lowered, with Taurus SHO 19"s (255/50R19s).  Its a perfect improvement.  Good luck!

2011 Stock Height_18s(1).JPG

2011_HnR_19 SHO rims.jpg