2015 + Ford Edge Raptor Style Grille

Beezz

what i see on the ford website is that a lot of those features have an asterisk next to them. there is the standard equipment that comes with the 401a package... then there are add-ons to the 401a. if that makes sense.

I've got heated front seats, BLIS, cross traffic alert, adaptive steering, dimming mirror, 110 power outlet, power tilt/telescoping wheel.

that's about where the package ends. I do not have:

lane keep system, park assist, front camera, HID lights, rain sensing wipers, heated outboard rear seats, cooled seats.

My window sticker from the dealer lists 401a package... so it seems i don't have many of the add ons. which could explain the amazing price I paid for this thing!

Odd very odd indeed. Sorry to hear that your package isn't complete. I wasn't aware that you could add things to the 401A package. Sounds like a call to corporate is in order for clarification. My brother does not have rain sensing wipers either.

On a diff note I like your bullet casings that you used to fill the holes for the front bumper! I'm digging the twin turbo sticker! Where did you get it from?

Edited by onyxbfly

what i see on the ford website is that a lot of those features have an asterisk next to them. there is the standard equipment that comes with the 401a package... then there are add-ons to the 401a. if that makes sense.

I've got heated front seats, BLIS, cross traffic alert, adaptive steering, dimming mirror, 110 power outlet, power tilt/telescoping wheel.

that's about where the package ends. I do not have:

lane keep system, park assist, front camera, HID lights, rain sensing wipers, heated outboard rear seats, cooled seats.

My window sticker from the dealer lists 401a package... so it seems i don't have many of the add ons. which could explain the amazing price I paid for this thing!

What you have looks like the 400a equipment group with the Technology package. Was the window sticker still on the window when you saw it? If not, maybe the dealer showed you one for another Edge.

• Like 1

What you have looks like the 400a equipment group with the Technology package. Was the window sticker still on the window when you saw it? If not, maybe the dealer showed you one for another Edge.

I've got the window sticker in the glovebox still. vin and everything matches. may have been a misprint because the 400a would make perfect sense. bastards! though I didn't care what package this car came with. I've never owned a new vehicle and hated the idea of bells and whistles anyhow. I bought it over the phone without even looking at it.

Odd very odd indeed. Sorry to hear that your package isn't complete. I wasn't aware that you could add things to the 401A package. Sounds like a call to corporate is in order for clarification. My brother does not have rain sensing wipers either.

On a diff note I like your bullet casings that you used to fill the holes for the front bumper! I'm digging the twin turbo sticker! Where did you get it from?

I made the casings, and I just went to a local tint shop that did wraps and decals and had her make me a few different ones.

Edited by Mikula

I've got the window sticker in the glovebox still. vin and everything matches. may have been a misprint because the 400a would make perfect sense. bastards! though I didn't care what package this car came with. I've never owned a new vehicle and hated the idea of bells and whistles anyhow. I bought it over the phone without even looking at it.

I made the casings, and I just went to a local tint shop that did wraps and decals and had her make me a few different ones.

Thats pretty ingenious. I remember the post where you discussed making them and extending your generosity to share them forum members.

Is there any way to make them flush with the bumper?

Edited by onyxbfly

Thats pretty ingenious. I remember the post where you discussed making them and extending your generosity to share them forum members.

Is there any way to make them flush with the bumper?

Not in this case (pun intended). there would be no way to mount them that I can think of. They stick out that far simply because there is a nut inside the head butted up to the web. That is the shortest I could possibly get them.

Other option would be for me to cut the case down to the rim, and then simply glue it to the head of a push pin or something of the sort. but then it would simply look like a button from far away, as you'd lose the extractor groove in the cutting process to get it so short.

• Like 1

Not in this case (pun intended). there would be no way to mount them that I can think of. They stick out that far simply because there is a nut inside the head butted up to the web. That is the shortest I could possibly get them.

Other option would be for me to cut the case down to the rim, and then simply glue it to the head of a push pin or something of the sort. but then it would simply look like a button from far away, as you'd lose the extractor groove in the cutting process to get it so short.

I like the uniqueness of it but I also would like it to be flush. They do make caps for the holes but I'm not sure they would match. I'd like to use one of the sensors to cover the hole to make it a uniform appearance. My body guy gave me a ridiculous price to remove it/ patch/ sand/ paint etc. I haven't even bothered with a second opinion yet. I do like your casings. I'll reach out to you if i decide to go that route. Thanks for sharing with the community.

$30 is a bit ridiculous for two little plugs, but I guess you are paying for the color match. I made my own for about $2 out of 1/4" metal plugs and wrapped them in color match vinyl.

I have a bunch of plugs left and I have various vinyl swatches, if anyone needs any plugs, let me know...no charge.

Edited by roots57
  • Like 1

$30 is a bit ridiculous for two little plugs, but I guess you are paying for the color match. I made my own for about $2 out of 1/4" metal plugs and wrapped them in color match vinyl.

I have a bunch of plugs left and I have various vinyl swatches, if anyone needs any plugs, let me know...no charge.

I peeped your gallery to see how your plugs came out. Do you have any other front shots besides your avatar? Do you have any triple platinum white vinyl swatches? I like the vinyl you have on your hood. I'm considering something similar

I peeped your gallery to see how your plugs came out. Do you have any other front shots besides your avatar? Do you have any triple platinum white vinyl swatches? I like the vinyl you have on your hood. I'm considering something similar

Sorry, I don't have anything close to the platinum white color. You can buy a swatch or two from www.metrorestyling.com for $1.00 each. Then you just need a couple 1/4" metal snap-in plugs, you can get those from any hardware store. I'll take a pic of mine close up so you can see what they look like.

Here's one film that may be a good match for the white platinum paint:

https://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Supreme-Wrapping-Film-Gloss-White-Diamond-p/sw900-161-d.htm

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't have anything close to the platinum white color. You can buy a swatch or two from www.metrorestyling.com for $1.00 each. Then you just need a couple 1/4" metal snap-in plugs, you can get those from any hardware store. I'll take a pic of mine close up so you can see what they look like.

Here's one film that may be a good match for the white platinum paint:

https://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Supreme-Wrapping-Film-Gloss-White-Diamond-p/sw900-161-d.htm

Thanks for the info and the suggestion. The diamond white you suggested seems like its the closest color they have. I'll call them tomorrow and tell them what my needs are and see if they can match it or come close. Diamond white might be the way to go after all.

• 1 month later...

Here is some pictures and details of my install of a 'raptor' grille on my 2015 Edge Sport. Click this link to go to my build log:

Process:

Jack up the car, remove the battery, headlight housings, and front wheels. Then start removing all the fasteners on the bottom of the bumper. Remove the fender liner fasteners. Pull the fender liners, disconnect the electrical connections on the driver side of the bumper. 5 connectors if you have the engine block heater, 4 if you don't. Remove the push pins on the intake cover. Detach the bumper by removing the 3 bolts on each side of the bumper where it meets the chassis. Remove the bolts holding the grille to the upper radiator/hood supports. Then carefully move the bumper. If you have the front view camera, you have to disconnect the washer and electrical connector before the bumper, grille, and chassis can be separated. Once you've got the bumper off the car, have fun with the clips that hold the grille onto the bumper. One clip is near a mounting tab for the wiring harness, be careful otherwise you may snap the grille at that point. There are 2 brackets screwed onto the grille that need to be transferred to the new grille

The new grille snaps right into place, you can use the handle end of pliers to push on either side of the mounting tabs until you hear them click in. You can either remove the front camera and washer completely, or re mount them. I removed the washer, and remounted the camera between the O and the R. The view is obstructed, but still usable. The harness needs to be moved so it is less visible through the grille. It needs to slot in between the grille and bumper bar. You can then wire the lights on the grille if you wish. I ran mine off an ignition switched control panel I have. See this link:

Got the grille from ebay, seller: autoparts-selection

attachicon.gifDSInner.jpg

attachicon.gifgrille washer camera wire_edited.jpg

attachicon.gifcamera mount.jpg

attachicon.gifwire washer_edited.jpg

attachicon.gifBar wire_edited.jpg

attachicon.gif20170814_222531_edited.jpg

attachicon.giftemp_edited.jpg

attachicon.gif20170816_182016-1.jpg

Does anyone know where I can buy different bulbs for this? I don't want the amber color.

Regards,

Curtis

You can get LED bulbs anywhere these days, just need to know the size. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for with LEDs. I changed out all the incandescent bulbs on mine for LEDs and everything is working fine. The only OEM incandescent bulbs on a gen 2 edge sport are the puddle lights (custom size), license plate lights (size 194), front turn signals (size 7440NA), and the daytime runners (size H11).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just did the Raptor style bumper install. Pretty easy, just time consuming with all the screws and pushpins.

One thing to note: I did not have to jack up the vehicle and remove the front wheels. Simple turning the wheels lock-to-lock gives you enough room to access the fender liner screws.

I spliced the (3) led lights to the drivers-side fog lamp. Easy-peasy.

post-48579-0-72850700-1532304772_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks slick. I'm tempted to get one. All of the ebay listings say 2015-2017 but I've got a 2018....anybody know if that's a show stopper?

No difference, the "facelift" to the second generation Edge is for model year 2019, should fit the same for a 2018 model. 2015-2018 are the same as far as I know.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/19/2017 at 7:26 PM, Beezz said:

Here is some pictures and details of my install of a 'raptor' grille on my 2015 Edge Sport. Click this link to go to my build log:

Process:

Jack up the car, remove the battery, headlight housings, and front wheels. Then start removing all the fasteners on the bottom of the bumper. Remove the fender liner fasteners. Pull the fender liners, disconnect the electrical connections on the driver side of the bumper. 5 connectors if you have the engine block heater, 4 if you don't. Remove the push pins on the intake cover. Detach the bumper by removing the 3 bolts on each side of the bumper where it meets the chassis. Remove the bolts holding the grille to the upper radiator/hood supports. Then carefully move the bumper. If you have the front view camera, you have to disconnect the washer and electrical connector before the bumper, grille, and chassis can be separated. Once you've got the bumper off the car, have fun with the clips that hold the grille onto the bumper. One clip is near a mounting tab for the wiring harness, be careful otherwise you may snap the grille at that point. There are 2 brackets screwed onto the grille that need to be transferred to the new grille

The new grille snaps right into place, you can use the handle end of pliers to push on either side of the mounting tabs until you hear them click in. You can either remove the front camera and washer completely, or re mount them. I removed the washer, and remounted the camera between the O and the R. The view is obstructed, but still usable. The harness needs to be moved so it is less visible through the grille. It needs to slot in between the grille and bumper bar. You can then wire the lights on the grille if you wish. I ran mine off an ignition switched control panel I have. See this link:

post-42141-0-79598200-1503189423_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-53421100-1503188311_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-74792400-1503188328_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-91084000-1503188508_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-19272300-1503188554_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-28321800-1503188610_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-85511600-1503189146_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-06720100-1503188639_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On 8/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, Beezz said:

Process:

post-42141-0-79598200-1503189423_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-53421100-1503188311_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-74792400-1503188328_thumb.jpgcan you give me the link from where you bought it? 
thanks

post-42141-0-91084000-1503188508_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-19272300-1503188554_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-28321800-1503188610_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-85511600-1503189146_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-06720100-1503188639_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...