IAC Valve?

2011edgese

To my knowledge, the cam sensor has never failed on an Edge. The CRANK sensor however has failed a few times, but countable on 1 hand. I say this based on reported incidents on this forum.

Timing chain issues are usually rough running engines when they first start out, and as the chains become looser, they start rattling, and that is quite audible. People speak of engine rattles with the wrong oil filter on startup, but that lasts maybe 5 seconds during startup. Once the engine starts, the rattle goes away. Not so with timing chain rattle, which will persist. If it gets bad enough the Edge will be undriveable.

BAD case scenario

It is not horribly expensive or difficult to replace the cam pos sensor, if you really want to give that a go.

AT4Z-6B288-A . Motorcraft DU90

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Update. Waterpump was going. Comfirmed by a reputable shop in my area. Estimate was near 1800$. I ended up driving the car to a dealer amd traded it in. Gave me peanuts for it (3500) but negotiated a 2015 edge titanium with 30k miles 2.0liter for 23k.

Gave me 156k miles with very little issues. Never stranded. Loved it tremendously.

• Like 1

I was forced to make the move asap simce the car waa still very drivable but with a rough idle. It was near a front brake job, tailpipe rotting, power steering has a minor leak. Left turn Blinker wouldnt spring back. Ac wasmt as cold. Tranny had the notorious once in a while "bang!". All still tolerable amd very drivable. Bit couldnt justify near 2 grand.

• Like 1

Absolutely did the right thing. Gotta weigh your options when looking at all that. Great deal on tge 2915, put up some pics, and enjoy! I would strongky advocate getting ford premiumcare when you can, seeing it is an ecoboost motor, particularly if you do anthing other than mostly highway driving.

Thxs for the info and help! I know what you mean about the ecoboost. My plan is to pay it off fully within 2 years hopefully. And rely on the 60 powertrain warranty. Once its close I will see if i get the extended warranty if i keep it as long as the 2011 edge. But i love it, doesnt sound like a v6 though... kinda miss that but it feels as powerfull.

• Like 1

Update. Waterpump was going. Comfirmed by a reputable shop in my area. Estimate was near 1800$. I ended up driving the car to a dealer amd traded it in. Gave me peanuts for it (3500) but negotiated a 2015 edge titanium with 30k miles 2.0liter for 23k.

Gave me 156k miles with very little issues. Never stranded. Loved it tremendously.

They will just auction it off.

They will just auction it off.

I thought of it. I told them it has a rough idle and i dont want to spend more on fixing it. Didn't mention anything else. They looked at it, impressed by the straight panels. Almost zero dents. And very anu1 about the inside being clean. Hehe. So the said no more than 3k. Didn't want them to further inspect it so i figured to recover with the other car price. It was listed at 25.8k.

Im thinking they will throw a pump in amd resel fir 7k. There's a few over 140k 2011 edges se that go between 6 to 8k.

• Like 1