Intercooler Grill & AGS (2016 Sport)

snmjim

1 hour ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

hopefully will get attention within the week.  most do not visit the forum very often :(

Your probably absolutely correct!

Being in the engineering field & prior service I tend to be one of those get it done guys along with impatience...:banghead:

Hopefully all is going well for you and the family...:hat_tip:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2019 at 8:54 PM, axeman_87 said:

What is the part number for original intercooler grille for a sport? With the block heater hole. Can't find any with the hole. It's on the passenger side. I found one but the plug is on the wrong side. 

Thanks

I would call your local Ford dealer parts Dept, that's one of our most reliable parts research methods...:hat_tip:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, BADK_Racing said:

Hello all,

New to the forum and to the Edge Sport, but have been modding and racing my whole life. When it’s in the blood.... well you know. 

I am digging this back up to gauge interest from some of the newer members or older ones that would like to take advantage of this deal. I contacted Spencer and the price went up $10 dollars and is now 125 for 3 or more orders. I have borrowed smnjim original post information below for reference for anybody that is interested. I purchased a grille from eBay for $60 so I am set and waiting for a few to join in. I know there has to be at least a couple of you that want to get this mod done.

POC: Spencer Adams

Email: sadams.cds@gmail.com.

http://www.cdsplastics.com

Spencer Adams is the machinists who mills the grill and once again has offered to produce these for us at a big savings.

However, he can only lower the cost if we provide him with an order of at least 2-5.

He's doing this as a fellow car enthusiasts.

Pricing is as follows:

1-2 = $210 ea

3-5 = $125 ea

Please respond on this string with your interest and contact Spencer via email to facilitate the transaction.

Note: the finished product will be totally symmetrical but with the addition of the top two & bottom two half honey combs cut out as well.

NOTES:

Price includes packaging units back in their original box and material the grill was shipped in and any other handling required through the shipping process.

The only added price would be return shipping to the respective locations of each grill owner.

PayPal is preferred method of payment but not the only and payment is required (which will include return shipping) before return shipping.

Is anyone interested in trying to submit a group order? Long story short. I need the grill out of necessity.  I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade. If not, I'll order a stock one! 

• Like 1

So far we have 3 people committed to buying the CNC Grill.  If we can get 3 more than we can tip toe into the 6 or more price range. I will use this post as a place to keep everything organized.

Member that are committed so far:

BADK_Racing

Onyxbfly x 2

Hopefully we can get some traction!

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, onyxbfly said:

So far we have 3 people committed to buying the CNC Grill.  If we can get 3 more than we can tip toe into the 6 or more price range. I will use this post as a place to keep everything organized.

Member that are committed so far:

BADK_Racing

Onyxbfly x 2

Hopefully we can get some traction!

Traction Bump...:hat_tip:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys I’m new to all of this this and would like to put all of this on youtube for us and everything if that’s fine and I’d definitely like to have my done as well! I’m gonna vlog all my mods; willing to be a test bed for upping the boost beyond 600 plus hp level! So if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be great!

7 hours ago, SportMan360 said:

Guys I’m new to all of this this and would like to put all of this on youtube for us and everything if that’s fine and I’d definitely like to have my done as well! I’m gonna vlog all my mods; willing to be a test bed for upping the boost beyond 600 plus hp level! So if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Here's a good starting point for what's been R&D so far by the pioneers on this forum:

FYI,

We're past 500 whp & torque and in the high 11s at which point the Trans clutch packs will not hold and WILL fail  therefore we highly recommend a Trans bullet proofing by Level 10 transmissions in NJ, ask for Pat (Owner & proprietor)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SportMan360 said:

Hey sportman!  SNMJim and I have taken the edge platform as far as it can go without a custom turbo setup (which we looked into and deemed not practical due to the headifold design.  We have hit 483 awhp and 545wtq with hybrid turbos.  We highly recommend ZFG Tuning for pushing the platform as they are the only ones support FBO Edges right now.  If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys! Thanks for the reply, I’ve ordered the thermostat from Livernois already and I’m about to order a tune from ZFG like you two have recommended. I will take everything you’ve guys mentioned and follow; However I still would like to do a custom turbo build later on down the line as it will be my first ever project like this. Oh and how would I get a strut brace that you mentioned in the mods?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SportMan360 said:

Hey guys! Thanks for the reply, I’ve ordered the thermostat from Livernois already and I’m about to order a tune from ZFG like you two have recommended. I will take everything you’ve guys mentioned and follow; However I still would like to do a custom turbo build later on down the line as it will be my first ever project like this. Oh and how would I get a strut brace that you mentioned in the mods?

SNMJimm and Special K will sort you out!

Here is a link for the front strut bar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-20-Ford-Edge-Vignale-Endura-Lincoln-MKX-2nd-Front-Upper-Strut-Tower-Bar-Brace/123608274036?fits=Model%3AEdge%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item1cc7a09474:g:yXgAAOSwoP9cckMU

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2017 at 2:09 PM, snmjim said:

Why is it designed like this instead of fully open?

What are our options for better flow?

Trying to stimulate some dialog here... B):drool::doh::whistling:

post-46284-0-17327100-1504382972_thumb.jpg

I know I am a little late to the game but an engineer told someone that it’s a air dynamic affect. When you close the right side it creates a high pressure and the forces more air to the left side. Most cars are starting to use this in all brands.

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, Gmandude said:

I know I am a little late to the game but an engineer told someone that it’s a air dynamic affect. When you close the right side it creates a high pressure and the forces more air to the left side. Most cars are starting to use this in all brands.

It's to accommodate the automatic distance reader for the cruise control. To cut costs Ford designed just 2 grills, one to accommodate the models with block warmers and all others get this one.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...