Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

On 10/29/2022 at 6:37 PM, Sunnyorlando said:

I'm interested in these, ordering the interface connector, though not sure which one to order that is fully capable for all this.

Ā 

I posted some desired mods in other thread.

> Default audio sys on volume

> Always display gears in as they change

> Flash center brake light

> Footwell accent light intensity control

> My remote control engine start is not working, need to look into this..the window sticker specs show it's included, but not working.

Ā 

Any experience with any of these?

Ā 

Im ready to order the interface as soon as I'm sure which is best for all this.

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

While trying to register at forscan it's requesting an invitation code. Where do I get this invitation code from?

On 10/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, Sunnyorlando said:

My does the same. I'd like to be able to lower all windows (as I did in my prev vehicle) as well as raise them all from the fob.

Is this mod available via Forscan?

Ā 

Other mods I'm interested in - can Forscan do these:

- Lower mirror(s) on reverse

- DRLs onĀ 

- Default initial audio volume - avoid blasting if volume was left high

- Cyclops brake light flas on/off when braking

- Interior footwell accent lights intensity Control

- Allow sunroof to open without opening the sunshield the whole way back.

- Turn on rear windshield wiper on reverse if fronts are onĀ 

I'll be installing a hitch - anything that needs to be done so the vehicle know's it's towing? My ther had that.

Ā 

Just a few that I can think of from my prev mods on another vehicle.

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

I'd like to know before I buy the sw and connector.

Ā 

Unfortunately, I do not think you can do any of those mods in your wish list with FORScan except for tilting your mirror(s) on reverse.Ā  I've seen a lot of different mod sites, I don't think I've ever seen any of the mods you asked about.Ā  Not to say that they are impossible.Ā  Perhaps they haven't been discovered yet. Please share if you do sort them out.Ā  There are quite a few FORScan gurus and very knowledgeable members here. Hopefully they will chime in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunnyorlando said:

Thanks for that link. It took me to the page for forscan where there's a lot of information, but I still have to register to acres Forscan and in the registering process is when it asks for that invitation code. I did not see how to resolve that from the link you sent me.

Ā 

Peep the first post. Option 4: Obtaining free 2 month trial extended license.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 6:16 PM, Sunnyorlando said:

Hello all...

I'm familiar withe BCM changes using the VW group VagCom (Ross Tech) interface. Many options, some now I'd like to see if I can change similar option in my Edge.

Ā 

Are there Forscan settings for these:

> Set default audio volume when ignition turned on (via ignition or audio sys on)

> Always display gears on dash by the tach (or anywhere). Had this in VW, shows the transmission gears as they change, not just when using paddles.

> Flash center brake light when braking - attention getter

> Close windows with remote (already opens front).

> Open/close all windows not just front.

> Sunroof - open shade only half way (to the bar or so) and be able to open sunroof.Ā 

> Control footwell accent light intensity

Ā 

These to start, thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm adding a solution to one of my questions above - just figured it out.

Ā 

> Control foot-well accent light intensity, no forscan needed

>> I was fiddling around the other day and while playing with the color options fro the accent lighting, I noticed that the accent color picker squares also slide up and down - because its a dimmer control!

I'm kind of surprised nobody had figure that one out...

On to the next one.

48 minutes ago, Sunnyorlando said:

I'm adding a solution to one of my questions above - just figured it out.

Ā 

> Control foot-well accent light intensity, no forscan needed

>> I was fiddling around the other day and while playing with the color options fro the accent lighting, I noticed that the accent color picker squares also slide up and down - because its a dimmer control!

I'm kind of surprised nobody had figure that one out...

On to the next one.

I guess because everybody knew that since Sync 2.

On 10/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, Sunnyorlando said:

My does the same. I'd like to be able to lower all windows (as I did in my prev vehicle) as well as raise them all from the fob.

Is this mod available via Forscan?

Ā 

Other mods I'm interested in - can Forscan do these:

- Lower mirror(s) on reverse

- DRLs onĀ 

- Default initial audio volume - avoid blasting if volume was left high

- Cyclops brake light flas on/off when braking

- Interior footwell accent lights intensity Control

- Allow sunroof to open without opening the sunshield the whole way back.

- Turn on rear windshield wiper on reverse if fronts are onĀ 

I'll be installing a hitch - anything that needs to be done so the vehicle know's it's towing? My ther had that.

Ā 

Just a few that I can think of from my prev mods on another vehicle.

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

I'd like to know before I buy the sw and connector.

Lowering all windows down - onlyĀ possible if vehicle has auto up/down on all windows (like Focus for sure and maybe Fusion).

Mirror tilt on reverse - has been described several times check Omar302 post back in February

DRL on - I did it on mine 2018, not sure about 2019+

Default audio volume - havent heard about that, not sure

Cyclop brake - BCM doesnt support that feature. I heard Europe Fusion can have that enabled

Interior light intensity - available on Sync 3 screen as you have figured, no mods needed.

Sunroof - not sure, I think mine did it once with sunshield closed when I pushed open sunroof button, dont remember, have to check

Rear wiper - turns on in reverse if your wipers are in auto and working, not sure if any other options available

Towing - I think there is a module for that. So, you need to buy it and wire it and so on, not as easy. You probably wanna consult with your dealer.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, onyxbfly said:

Ā 

Peep the first post. Option 4: Obtaining free 2 month trial extended license.ļ»æ

Ok, I have my ODBII MX3 ordered.

Ā 

Please clarify above - 'peep' which first post? I went to the first post on this thread but nothing matching what your comment.

I found it - first post at the Forscan site - duh!

Ā 

Thanks!

Edited by Sunnyorlando
Found anwer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunnyorlando said:

@omar302 how is it that you screenshot shows v2.4.3 but the Forscan site is on 2.3. I don't see the search box in 2.3.49 (current v as of 11/18/22)

Ā 

image.thumb.png.c54ec25f5e5051368ac33b059f53f2e2.png

Ā 

Not wanting to speak for Omar, but I think he may be running a beta version. I'm sure he will chime in when can and let us know.

Edited by onyxbfly

2.4.3 was a beta which was released,Ā but then taken down due to abuse by novices who bricked certain modules.Ā Ā Ā For a while, you could request a link if you had an extended or life time license.Ā  Ā  This 2.4.3 allows you to program modules.Ā  2.4.7 is the latest but if you want to flash anything, it is preferred and recommended that you use a VCMII or VCMIII to do so.Ā  I do and have had no problems

Ā 

You can find download links to the 2.4 series here:Ā Ā https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19552

Ā 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.Ā  2.4.6 may cause problems and 2.4.7 will cause problems. 2.4.3 is best for now.Ā  Remember,Ā  Use a VCM not the Elm if you are going to program to be sure.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by vega
  • Like 1

I kind of figured it may have been a beta version, but when I didn't see it on the site then I wasn't sure. Often beta versions are offered to be downloaded.

After the search box, don't know whatwas happening. So I uninstalled.and reinstalled and now it's there.

Ā 

I've successfully tweet some of the settings on some basic things only while I familiarize myself with a tool.

Things that have worked for my '17 Edge sport that are from my original list are:

> Rear wiper swipe when in reverse if front wipers are on.

> Lane change flashing turn signal from three to four flashes

> Side mirrors tilt on reverse

> Roll up windows with remote

> Emergency horn from remote control from one click to two clicks. This was annoying because I already accidentally turned it on with one click several times. So I'm glad I was able to change that one.

Ā 

That's all I've played with for now. Now that I understand more about the tool I'll be working on trying to get some other features set up and see how that goes.

Ā 

Q - anyone know if the halogen high beams can be activated to complement the hid high beam? Currently the halogen high beam is used for DRL only. I'm wondering if it can be activated so it comes on with high beams because the hid high beams are not really all that good at all by themselves.

Ā 

Thank you all.

After the modifications that I did today,

I've come across something odd.

First -

So far the mods made above are working as expected.

Then - the turn signals / lane change blinkers.

While they actually work as intended, meaning the number of flashes increased to four instead of the default 3, I am now getting a rapid flashing on the indicator in the dashboard, but only there. The actual indicators outside of the car are blinking at the correct rate. Sometimes the first couple of blinks will be at the correct speed, but then it changes to a fast blink, again only on the indicator in the dashboard. The outside flashes correctly.

I don't believe that the other changes I didĀ  would have an impact on this issue - but you never know.

Ā 

Any suggestions on this are appreciated.

Ā 

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, redden18 said:

He refers to firmware flashing on different modules.

The best obd device for that is ELM27, the other devices may cause problems.

The other mods people do via Forscan are relatively safe and can be done by wide range of obd devices.

Ā 

Thanks for that explanation - I'm taking it at the type of ODB device is somewhat of a personal choice/opinion apparently, because also I've seen 'don't use an ELM'.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Sunnyorlando said:

@vegawhat kind of 'programming' are you referring to? The mods listed here with Forscan? Are you saying not to use Forscan with an ODBLink?

I bought the ODBLink MX+ as recommended here.

Thanks

True, I mean for flashing you should use VCM.Ā  OBDlinks work also but way too slow when reflashing a module.Ā  They will do the flash but once in a while you get a time out failure.Ā  AllĀ failures I have encountered are when the adapter is slow and seems to time out.Ā  When I try again with a VCM adapter, which is really quick,Ā  I have never encountered a failure yet.Ā  I have 6 Fords in the family so I do a lot of repairs.Ā Ā 

16 hours ago, Sunnyorlando said:

Ā 

Q -ļ»æļ»æ anyoneļ»æļ»æļ»æ know if the halogen high beams can be activated to complement the hid high beam? Currently the halogen high beam is usedļ»æ for DRL only. I'm wondering if it can be activated so it comes on with high beams because the hid high beams are not really all thatļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ good at all by ļ»æthemselvesļ»æ.

Ā 

Physically it's not possible because the high beam filaments of the inner bulbs are not connected. That bulb on HID equipped 2015-2018 models is a H15 bulb. A two filament bulb designed for DRL and high beam. Only the DRL filament is connected electrically.Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, Sunnyorlando said:

Thenļ»æ - the turn signals / lane change blinkers.

While they actuallyļ»æ work as intended, meaning the number of flashes increased to four instead of the default 3, I am now getting a rapid flashing on the indicator in the dashboard, but only there. The actual indicators outside of the car are blinking at the correct rate. Sometimes the first couple of blinks will be at the correct speed, but then it changes to a fast blink, again only on the indicator in the dashboard. The outside flashes correctly.

Ā 

Did you install LED front turn signal bulbs? If yes, that's your issue and you have to disable "hyper flash" or "bulb out", not sure exactly what's it's called. The fast flashing happens when the vehicle detects a turn signal bulb is out, and when regular bulbs are replaced with LEDs, the difference in current makes the vehicle think the bulbs are out.Ā 

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

Ā 

Physically it's not possible because the high beam filaments of the inner bulbs are not connected. That bulb on HID equipped 2015-2018 models is a H15 bulb. A two filament bulb designed for DRL and high beam. Only the DRL filament is connected electrically.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did you install LED front turn signal bulbs? If yes, that's your issue and you have to disable "hyper flash" or "bulb out", not sure exactly what's it's called. The fast flashing happens when the vehicle detects a turn signal bulb is out, and when regular bulbs are replaced with LEDs, the difference in current makes the vehicle think the bulbs are out.Ā 

The part about the fast flashing to let someone know that a bulb is out is something I'm familiar with. But since no bulbs are out I was wondering what could have caused us to start.

And no, I have not installed any LED turn signals. I did not change anything related to turn signals or illumination other than changing the number of flashes, at least that I recall. I will go back and look at the suggestions you're talking about the hyper flash and bulb out indication.

Ā 

As to the DRL and high beam, yes it has an H15 in it and there are three wires going through the connector to the bulb. Are you suggesting that the high beam wire on the other end is not connected to anything?

You'd think that Ford would have wanted to save .005 cents for not running that wire there if it's not going to be used, imagine what that would save and weight on the vehicle..?

Ā 

Thanks

Edited by Sunnyorlando
update