Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

45 minutes ago, candurin said:

Hmmm.  I wonder if it’s related to the firmware in my FCIM.  Because the “rest” of my car is a 2012, I don’t have the rotary temp indicator.

Ill have to see if there is an apim setting in forscan I’m overlooking.

thanks all.

edit:  tried every related setting change with FORScan and no go.  Oh well.  Something to look forward to when I finally cave and buy a new MY.

Drop me a line if you decide to pull your sync 3 set up.

1 hour ago, candurin said:

I certainly will.  It won’t be for awhile, though..  Just put new wheels, tires and HID bulbs (old ones were almost 7 years old and getting dim).  Car only has 77k miles!

Take your time.  My lady is interested but she doesn't seem overly pressed  about it.  Then again she has her eye on my sport so go figure.   There are a couple of things that bother me with the ST. Then again there were things that bothered me with the 2nd gen yet here I am.  I'm sure the ST will grow on me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked out this entire discussion on forscan mods and did not see anyone mention anything about start/stop. Please... does anyone know how to disable this feature. I have tried to "get used to it" but it's a no go. Just too annoying. Additionally is there any way to stop the outside vehicle lights from coming on every time I open a door? I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 301. 

Thank you all for any help with this.

4 hours ago, tk2fast said:

I have checked out this entire discussion on forscan mods and did not see anyone mention anything about start/stop. Please... does anyone know how to disable this feature. I have tried to "get used to it" but it's a no go. Just too annoying. Additionally is there any way to stop the outside vehicle lights from coming on every time I open a door? I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 301. 

Thank you all for any help with this.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3218

This seems to work for a variety of Ford vehicles.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:44 PM, Nois3 said:

So I didn't get to go through the whole thread but I might be able to answer some questions and help out with the Forscan mods on the Edge. I got 2016 Sport 400A package. So far I did the following:

Disable DRLs (for HIDs to work)

Reverse mirror tilt

Global window close (Open was enabled from factory)

Disabled hyperflash (for my front LED turn signals)

Disabled front lamp outage (for HIDs to work)

Enabled secure idle (lock the shifter when fob is not in car while car is running)

Disabled double horn honk

Enabled heated SW and seats buttons on home screen on Sync

Enabled climate section on right cluster screen

Added fuel history display

Added hill start assist (haven't tested it yet)

Now here is my to do list that I am trying to figure out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know:

- Disable stability control (AdvanceTrac) for some fun in the snow

- Enable Auto hold (for the car to auto hold the brakes on a long traffic light)

- Disable "Language Set To English" prompt on every start when I enable the View Text Msgs/Nav Keyboard while in motion

If anyone wants the codes for the mods i've done, let me know.

Do you have a ESC button on your dash to turn on and off traction control?  If so try holding the button for over 5 seconds and see if that turns off the AdvanceTrac.  It does on the 2019, I got the idea from my 2016 Focus ST I had where you could put it in Track Mode by holding the button.  On the Edge ST it turns off the AdvanceTrac totally disabling both traction control and the ESC so you can slide around.  The 2019 has a Sport mode but that for some reason leaves the traction control on but allows a little more side to side movement.  Unlike on the Focus where it allows wheel spin and lessens the nannies to allow a little sliding around if you cornered hard.  Anyway it is worth a try to see if it turns off AdvanceTrac. 

CONFIRMED: THIS WORKED FOR A 2019 EDGE TITANIUM WITH 301A PKG.

Auto start stop disabled using:  BdyCM module - 726-48-02   X1XX XXXX  By changing the one to a zero  >>>   X0XX XXXX

Additionally changed the turn signal 3 flash to a 5 flash using:  SCCM module -  724-01-01   XXXX X7XX   By changing the seven to a B  >>>   XXXX XBXX

This is the adapter I used. Thanks to all that have helped with this. Hope this helps others...  $30. for the adapter.

OHP ELMconfig Forscan OBD2 Adapter with MS-Can & HS-Can Switch for Ford DIY Diagnostics on Windows - Link below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tk2fast said:

CONFIRMED: THIS WORKED FOR A 2019 EDGE TITANIUM WITH 301A PKG.

Auto start stop disabled using:  BdyCM module - 726-48-02   X1XX XXXX  By changing the one to a zero  >>>   X0XX XXXX

Additionally changed the turn signal 3 flash to a 5 flash using:  SCCM module -  724-01-01   XXXX X7XX   By changing the seven to a B  >>>   XXXX XBXX

This is the adapter I used. Thanks to all that have helped with this. Hope this helps others...  $30. for the adapter.

OHP ELMconfig Forscan OBD2 Adapter with MS-Can & HS-Can Switch for Ford DIY Diagnostics on Windows - Link below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Glad it worked!

I have the 2019 ST and have read this topic and may have missed it.  Has anyone been able to disable the piped in exhaust tone to the cabin when selecting sport mode.  To me it just sounds fake and I have removed the resonator and put in a X pipe to get more tone, but leaving the stock muffler.  

If if you have, would you mind posting what you did?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Sage said:

I have the 2019 ST and have read this topic and may have missed it.  Has anyone been able to disable the piped in exhaust tone to the cabin when selecting sport mode.  To me it just sounds fake and I have removed the resonator and put in a X pipe to get more tone, but leaving the stock muffler.  

If if you have, would you mind posting what you did?

Thanks

I have tried, not sure if it worked. Here is the FORScan details. Note: also disable active noise control (so I've been told). I tried to record audio of this setting (On vs Off) but wasn't able to tell the difference.

My AsBuilt: 

727-01-01

10A0

727-01-01

10A0

so the 2 needs to be a 0.

AMC

727-01-01 (2013+ MY)

xxxx xXxx xxxx

(ACM)

Disabled:

Note: Only binary options are 8+4+2+1. Thus if this hex bit already is a 1,4,8,9,C,D then it is disabled from factory

Subtract a 2 from existing value at X.

Example: A-2=8

Enabled (Default):

Use original value for this bit (thus add 2 from currently enabled value)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I've started having some fun with Forscan on both my '11 Edge Limited and '13 Lincoln MKX. 

There are some things I wonder if I can change using FORScan.

On the Edge:

Disable door ajar warning for the driver side rather than do any physical modifications or costly repair

I installed switchbacks on the front turn signals, is there a way to have them always come on (solid white) when the headlights are off but the knob is on auto?

Seeing how I deliver packages for Amazon, is there a way for the doors to auto lock after I close the door to make a delivery?

On the MKX:

If possible, allow fog lights to function as DRL's

On both:

Is there a way to force Sync 2 to auto start on the Navigation screen? On our previous Sync 1 MKS it had the split view with the map always on the left side of the screen.

Is there a way to default to Bluetooth rather than default to AM/FM radio?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by zayg1994
Added an extra item for the Edge.

Thought I would follow up and see if anyone has been able to turn the piped in exhaust sound off in their 19.  I see a member has given it a try with Forscan, but did not seem to make a difference.  I have asked a dealer to send a request to Ford to see if it is possible. They tell me they are working on it, not really sure if that is the case.   I called Ford’s customer service and was told a owner is not allowed to request that kind of info from Ford.  

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 11:30 PM, Deltflash said:

Does any one know the Forscan code to disable the Auto Start Stop feature on a 2018 Edge.    Can't find it anywhere.  It appears it is 726-48-02 on a F150

Thanks

The 2018 Edge has no Auto start-stop feature.  

On 3/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, Deltflash said:

Does any one know the Forscan code to disable the Auto Start Stop feature on a 2018 Edge.    Can't find it anywhere.  It appears it is 726-48-02 on a F150

Thanks

"Can't find it anywhere"??

Just scroll up about 11 replies and you will find it! 

3 hours ago, tk2fast said:

"Can't find it anywhere"??

Just scroll up about 11 replies and you will find it! 

Thanks TK,  I saw that after I posted.   That Edge is 2019 but I am hoping it uses the same code as the 2018.  I am gonna try it and then I will post and confirm it here.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Edge owners,

I'm a complete newbie (got my Edge Monday).  I've searched this thread and others on the forum but can't find a solution to my pesky little problem.  Hopefully one of the more experienced hands can point me in the right direction.

I want to turn off the horn honk when I leave the car with the fob (I'm fiddling and cleaning right now and keep walking away with the fob :(  I also want to modify the lane change mode from stock 3 blinks to six just because I live in an area with a lot of older drivers (I'm one of them) who need more than 3 blinks to realize something's afoot. 

Thanks to assorted posts here I've found the code changes (thanks to all for those) but in FORScan I can't see (SCCM) at all (screen grab below)  nor can I see any 724 xxx codes, all I get is 726 xxx.  Toggling the horn and modifying the lane change setup apparently requires finding both missing items

This is a 2016 3.5L TI using OBDLink LX bluetooth OBD reader (I know MX is recommended but I already have the other...maybe that's the problem?)

I'd sure appreciate a solution (even a suggestion) to help solve this problem.

BTW, to the method for cancelling auto stop/start, I actually have that in one of the car's menus (Settings/Vehicle/Auto Stop).  Check or uncheck to turn on/off.  Maybe that doesn't appear in all models, I dunno but work taking a look.

Cheers!

FORScan Screen Grab.jpg

Edited by Gadgetjq

2 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Hi Edge owners,

I'm a complete newbie (got my Edge Monday).  I've searched this thread and others on the forum but can't find a solution to my pesky little problem.  Hopefully one of the more experienced hands can point me in the right direction.

I want to turn off the horn honk when I leave the car with the fob (I'm fiddling and cleaning right now and keep walking away with the fob :(  I also want to modify the lane change mode from stock 3 blinks to six just because I live in an area with a lot of older drivers (I'm one of them) who need more than 3 blinks to realize something's afoot. 

i did these on my 2016 Ti 3.5 AWD:

Turn Signal Flashes

Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of 3.

(SCCM)   724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash    4 = Two Flashes 6 = Three Flashes - (Default  C02D 0600 xx ORIGINAL)
8 = Four Flashes   A = Five Flashes C = Six Flashes   E = Seven Flashes

Door Close Double Horn Honk

(Engine Running Without Keyfob Detected (PTS)):
BdyCM 726-41-02 (2014+ MY) xxxX xxxx xxxx
1 (Enabled - Default)
0 (Disabled)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Hi Edge owners,

Thanks to assorted posts here I've found the code changes (thanks to all for those) but in FORScan I can't see (SCCM) at all (screen grab below)  nor can I see any 724 xxx codes, all I get is 726 xxx.  Toggling the horn and modifying the lane change setup apparently requires finding both missing items

This is a 2016 3.5L TI using OBDLink LX bluetooth OBD reader (I know MX is recommended but I already have the other...maybe that's the problem?)

I'd sure appreciate a solution (even a suggestion) to help solve this problem.

BTW, to the method for cancelling auto stop/start, I actually have that in one of the car's menus (Settings/Vehicle/Auto Stop).  Check or uncheck to turn on/off.  Maybe that doesn't appear in all models, I dunno but work taking a look.

Cheers!

It is probably due to the limitations of the OBDLink LX. It cannot access MS-CAN and hence would not see the modules working on MS-CAN, also there are newer HS-CAN2 & HS-CAN3 which i am not sure if the LX can see. The SCCM is on MS-CAN so you won't be able to change that, but for the Double Horn Honk just follow @ben senise post above.

image.png.441591e1ef2fa55a795ab048bf8c0f42.png

• Thanks 1