Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

After a lot of searching and testing with ForScan codes, I've come up with these Mods that I have successfully applied them to my 2014 SEL Edge;

Car gauge needles Move up & down when car started;

(IPC)
720-04-01 xxXx xxxx xxxx

8 (Enabled)

--------------------

Door Close Double Horn Honk (Engine Running Without Keyfob Detected (PTS)):
(BCM)
726-16-01 xxXx zz
0=Disabled
1=Enabled (Default)
--------------------
Number of Turn Signal Flashes
(SCCM)
724-01-01 xxxx xXxx zz
0-3=1 Flash, 4-5=2 Flashes, 6-7=3 Flashes, 8,9=4 Flashes, A,B=5 Flashes, C,D=6 Flashes, E,F=7 Flashes
-------------------
Dark Mode (No lights when door open)
(BCM)
726-08-01 xxxX zz
0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
-------------------
Good Luck :)

• Like 1

That would be a good mod to find, although I think it’s a bit less interesting on a 6 speed. I have it on my 10 speed F150 (normal operation) and it’s cool to see it skip gears when accelerating and see when it’s in 8th 9th or 10th gear when cruising. You use the display to lock out higher gears (for towing) but I leave it on all the time.

I wonder if the new 8 speed will have something similar?

As per NoDTMF, it is possible to get the current Gear notification through a tune.

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24624-wanting-an-lms-tune/?do=findComment&comment=188285

Yeah I asked LMS when I requested my tunes, and they said it was only possible with forscan. Seems like a forscan thing to me anyway, its in the IPC. Doesnt really have anything to do with the tuning of the engine. Edited by tmarsh
  • Like 1

Maybe someone will be kind enough to request unleashed for the code.

It doesn't work that way. HP Tuners somehow figured out the memory location for the gear indicator. I bought the HP Tuner hardware and Unleashed used HP Tuner hardware to tune me remotely (I has to do like 80 WoT runs) So I can see the menu to enable the for Drive ,Sport, Sand, etc. Unleashed just uses HP Tuners to change the parameters. Did LMS give you the Forscan codes? It seems this setting is in the ECU, not seen many Forscan codes for that.

Edited by NoDTMF
  • Like 1

Also another thing Ive seen in the tuning software and not in the forscan codes is the setting to leave the grill shutters completely open all the time. I set mine to open all the time.

Ford says the shutters are for gas mileage. I got ~22 mpg on a 200 mile trip this weekend of freeway drivway at various speeds and cruise control.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

See the list below for the mods. As for the tails, no mods. Just the baby on board sticker.

I attached the list of all mods. The oem values are for my car so use yours. I couldn't post the table here as the forum doesn't like tables.

EDIT: Attaching the pdf didn't work as well. Here is a link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AufAlww3zzXuymY5J1IZ6Cr3Si24

Thanks, this is great.

Recently owned a 2018 Titanium Edge (Canadian). I disliked the headlamp and upgraded to Sylvania Silverstar, to save some life of the low beam bulb I enabled the DRL control using FORScan.

I can confirm it's the same values as Fusion

1) BdyCM 726-16-02 - 0202 0202 024F (Disabled) to 0101 0101 0049 (Enabled)

2) IPC DRL set to Enable

• Like 2

After a lot of searching and testing with ForScan codes, I've come up with these Mods that I have successfully applied them to my 2014 SEL Edge;

Car gauge needles Move up & down when car started;

(IPC)

720-04-01 xxXx xxxx xxxx

8 (Enabled)

What was the original value? Tried it on a 2014 Limited Edge but it didn't work. Original value was "3".

• 4 weeks later...

ForScan:

Module Section As built value Updated value Tested Status Parameters Notes

APIM 7D0-02-01 4341 0104 E447 x7xx xxxx xxxx 2018-02-25 Enabled Enable view text/nav input while in motion

I tried this mod successfully on a 2015 Titanium, but it appears not to work on a 2016 Titanium.

Can someone please confirm they were able to do this on a 2016?

I'm enjoing typing an address and viewing messages while driving for a while on my 2012 Explorer, but that is only because I have no Sirius subscription. These two are not compatible with each other!

Ford delivered another piece of something in this area. Why I can not have both?

I want to enable this feature on my new Edge, but currently I have Sirius subscription including traffic and dont want to loose them.

Meanwhile, Sirius Travel Link is pretty much useless in Canada. Fuel prices and movies listings are not working at all. Weather and Ski conditions do not know about Canada at all, only traffic is left.

So far, both 5753 and 4741

APIM 7D0-02-01 XXXX xxxx xxxx

enable Navi and messages in-motion, but disable Travel Link

There is a button now to do that next to glasses holder (at least on 2018MY Ti)

Yes, there is a buton on 2015+ models to turn off interior lights when doors are open, but Dark mode also disables the exterior lights from coming on with the doors. You can also enable an option for it in the instrument cluster (named "Silent Mode") to enable/disable dark mode whenever you want. Good when washing/cleaning the car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...