Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

I am thinking about this one:

Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt:

261 720-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx Xxxx xxxx

Note: Press Mirror Left or Right Switch before shifting into reverse

(IPC) 3 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled) Add Hex 4 to Existing Value: 3+4=7

How does this work? All I did was set the #3 drivers seat memory button with the side mirrors tilted down for when I am in reverse like you stated a couple of posts ago. It just needs to be in park when you press the button. Works good, but does this mod enable something that is easier than what I currently do?

Edited by roots57

I received my ODBlink MX (Bluetooth) and got my extended license for the Forscan software. I had a bit of trouble pairing and connecting to the device but that was the fault of Windows 10. I finally got it working after I deleted the bluetooth drivers and started the pairing procedure again which i believe forced windows into reinstalling the drivers from scratch.

I was successful in making and verifying the following mods on my 2016 Edge Ti 3.5:

Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of 3.

(SCCM) 724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash 4 = Two Flashes 6 = Three Flashes - (Default C02D 0600 xx ORIGINAL)
8 = Four Flashes A = Five Flashes C = Six Flashes E = Seven Flashes

Door Close Double Horn Honk
(Engine Running Without Keyfob Detected (PTS)):
BdyCM 726-41-02 xxxX xxxx xxxx
1 (Enabled - Default)
0 (Disabled)
Disable Door Chime when Door Ajar
IPC 720-01-02 xxXx xxxx xxxx
X = 1 Enables door chime when door open and ignition on.
X = 0 Disables door chime when door open and ignition on.

I also changed the steering wheel timeout to turn off after 10 minutes but i haven't verified that it works. i'll post here when i do.

I was unable to modify a few items because there was no "Write" button on the Forscan software for those particular lines. Obviously this means that I can't save those values but does anyone know why? is it a limitation of the Forscan software or of the Edge software?

I'm going to try a few more things in the next few days. I ran down the battery last night because the car was on for so long. i had to put it on a charger overnight.

Edited by ben senise

I was unable to modify a few items because there was no "Write" button on the Forscan software for those particular lines. Obviously this means that I can't save those values but does anyone know why? is it a limitation of the Forscan software or of the Edge software?

There should be a "write all" at the bottom, this should do it in case there is no write button at specific lines.

I’m going to laugh when you guys that turned of the horn honk end up stranded because someone walked away with the key and you didn’t realize it.

good point but nobody drives my car but me. this is a perfect example of where customization might be fantastic for one person, and disaster for another.

when i stop to check our mailbox, which is a block away, i really hate when the car honks so no honk is great. the other solution would be to reach in my pocket and leave the key in the car.

also, i intend to put it in "police mode" so it can't be shifted out of park when the key is not in the car (if i understand that setting correctly.)

There should be a "write all" at the bottom, this should do it in case there is no write button at specific lines.

ah, good point. i'll give that a shot and see if it works. thanks.

Edited by ben senise

i wonder if they have software that detects changes.

The short answer is yes.

When the dealer connects to the IDS website, they use the car's VIN to retrieve it's specific "as-built" values. From this starting point, they can easily read any unauthorized changes.

If they make changes (must be authorized to do so) they will also change the VIN database for your car, with the master at Ford/Lincoln. They are unable to make changes which were not allowed for your VIN.

I was asking about my dealer turning on the backup camera on my car (the 2009 MKX did not come with a backup camera for the domestic models). Tech said he knew HOW to do it, but was not authorized to do so because my car did not allow this as an option for that year).

One point to consider yiu must consider that making ANY changes can void your warranty in many unrelated areas of the card mechanical or electrical sysyems. For example, turning on the backup camera in my car could void my radio, amps, sync & navigation systems extended warranty. (Which at this point expires in a week).

Installing a tune could void your cars complete engine and control systems and possibly more. (Tunes are specifically listed in the warrany statement as killing the car's warranty).

thanks enigma-2. i think it's a risk that i'll just have to live with. do you think that changes are logged or do they just compare values that are set at that moment? for example, if I change value X from 0 to 1 and then back to the original 0, will they be able to see that i have made changes or not since when they check it, it is at its original value?

In any case, here are the additional changes that i've made and whether they worked or not:

Secure Idle (AKA Police Mode):
Doesn't Allow Vehicle To Shift From Park To Drive Without Passive Key Inside Vehicle (Shifter Locked w/No Key Detected Message)
BdyCM 726-42-01 (2014+ MY) xXxx xxxx xxxx
X=0 (Disabled - Default)
X=1 (Enabled)
Works (I had to use the "Write All" button at the bottom of the page as per Omar302's suggestion.)
Heated and Cooled Seats Icons on Home and Climate Screens
APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xXxx
X=1: Cooled seats option on screen, no heated seats or heated wheel option.
X=2: Heated/cooled seats option on screen with no heated wheel option.
X=3: Heated seats on screen, no cooled seats and no heated wheel option.
X=4: No on screen heated/cooled seats on any screen, heated wheel is in top left.(default)
X=5: Unknown
X=6: Heated/Cooled seats and heated wheel options on screen.
X=7: Heated seats and heated wheel, no cooled seats.
X=8: Rear Climate Control panel, no heated/cooled options for front.
I changed X from 4 to 7
Verified
Yes, this is redundant since there are hard buttons for the heated seats on the console but I like having the heated steering wheel control one step closer. I wouldn't have done this had Ford put a hard button for the heated steering wheel on the console.
here's a pic to show what it looks like on the home screen:
1ywxdy.jpg
Remove Sirius from Sync
This is a pretty useless mod since all it does is remove Sirius as a media source.
APIM 7D0-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xxxx
If X is A change to 8, if 2 change to 0. Change does not take effect immediately. Turn truck off, open and shut door, wait 30 seconds and restart.
mine had an A so I changed it to 8 and it worked.
Edited by ben senise
  • Like 1

I posted the forscan mods that worked, above. now for the ones that didn't work on my '16 Edge Ti 3.5.

Bluetooth Pairing Name
This is a totally pointless mod but now i'l doing some of these just because i can.
APIM 7D0-04-01 xxxx xxxx XXxx This changes the device name of the truck when pairing bluetooth devices. Change the XX with: 2D=Raptor, 0E=F150, 0F=F250, 10=F350, 19=MKZ, 02=Focus, 03=Fusion, 04=C-Max, 06=Mustang, 08=Escape, 09=Edge, 24=Mondeo, 0B=Explorer, 20=Fiesta, 1B=MKC, 2E=Continental, 1C=MKX, 1E=Navigator, 0C=Expedition. ** The above only works in Sync 3 ver 2.0+ and if you wish to change it you must remove paired phone from Sync 3 & paired name from phone and re-pair.
Doesn’t show a “write” button so I used "write all." Changed XX from 00 to 09 and it did not work so I reverted back to 00.
Disable all Seat Belt Chimes
This one I really want to work. I always wear my seatbelts but i always start my car before i put them on. i don't need anyone nagging me to do it. in fact, it's actually more dangerous to chime all the time since i have been trained to ignore all of these ridiculous sounds.
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx xxXx xxxx Number 0 in this position disables the chime on the driver and passenger seats.
Doesn’t show a “write” button so i used "write all" at the bottom. Changed X from 6 to 0 but it did not work so I reverted back to 6.
Timeouts for Heated Steering Wheel
This is another one that would be nice to have so i don't have to manually turn off the heated steering wheel.
HSWM 714-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xxxx
HSWM is Heated Steering Wheel Module. Replace the X with one of the following: 1=Timeout disabled, 8=5 mins, 9=10 mins, A=12 mins, B=15 mins, C=18 mins, D=20 mins, E=25 mins, F=30 mins
i got this for the F150 forum and it was marked as not confirmed and that it is possibly an F150 only module.
I changed X from 0 to 9 and it didn't work so I reverted to 0.
Disable Door Chime when Door Ajar
This is another one that I don't need to be reminded about. I survived perfectly fine driving old cars that didn't have any of this nanny-tech.
IPC 720-01-02 xxXx xxxx xxxx
X = 1 Enables door chime when door open and ignition on.
X = 0 Disables door chime when door open and ignition on.
I changed X from 1 to 0 but it didn't work so I reverted to 1.
I intend to do more research on these mods that didn't work but in the mean time, if anyone knows what i did wrong, i'm all ears.
Edited by ben senise
  • Like 2

How does this work? All I did was set the #3 drivers seat memory button with the side mirrors tilted down for when I am in reverse like you stated a couple of posts ago. It just needs to be in park when you press the button. Works good, but does this mod enable something that is easier than what I currently do?

When you go into reverse it should auto tilt the mirror.

• Like 1

I’m going to laugh when you guys that turned of the horn honk end up stranded because someone walked away with the key and you didn’t realize it.

This could only happen if someone took my key fob out of my pocket without me realizing it...highly doubtful. I'm sure all of us will get a good laugh if your horn fails early from over use so enjoy those honks.

This could only happen if someone took my key fob out of my pocket without me realizing it...highly doubtful. I'm sure all of us will get a good laugh if your horn fails early from over use so enjoy those honks.

If you're the only one who drives it then sure. But for folks with other drivers it can be very easy for the person with the only key to be dropped off. If the driver doesn't notice the warning message they could be stranded.

Just a couple of weeks ago my wife and I stopped to eat lunch. On the way home we stopped to get our daughter something different. The drive-thru line was long so I got out to go inside. The double honk alerted my wife to the fact that she did not have her fob which made her realize she had left her purse at the previous restaurant. We were able to go back and get it. Otherwise we would have driven all the way home first.

• Like 1

If you're the only one who drives it then sure. But for folks with other drivers it can be very easy for the person with the only key to be dropped off. If the driver doesn't notice the warning message they could be stranded.

which is exactly why no specific mod is good for every use case scenario. in your case, the mod could cause problems. in my case, it removes the annoyance of my horn honking outside the house up the street or wherever. definitely not a "one size fits all" situation!

Agreed

I agree also, all jokes aside. From day one I found the honking to be incredibly annoying, and also annoying and confusing to other people in the vicinity. I have a 2 yr old daughter that often falls asleep in the car and that double honk has woken her up before. Plus I park in a subterranean lot and horns are VERY loud in closed spaces like that. In my opinion this feature should have been easily selective by the owner, similar to traction control and the other driver assist settings. There seems to be a large percentage of people who dislike the feature, every Ford forum has multiple posts of people complaining about it and asking how to disable the feature. Before owning this vehicle, I can't remember ever wishing my car would somehow remind me that it was still running. Glad there is a way to do it, even if kind of difficult.

• Like 2

The real solution to the double honk is to just use a soft beeper, mmm..., like most other car manufacturers. You get both, a reminder AND not be annoying to others around you. Nissan for example has been doing from 10 years.

Also, take into consideration that Ford only added this feature midway through 2012, all 2010 & 2011 Ford & Lincoln vehicles with IA key did not have the double honk, how many complaints where there of people forgetting their keys? None that I have seen in any Forum I follow. Never did I also see anyone with a 2011/2012 trying to enable this feature.

The real solution to the double honk is to just use a soft beeper, mmm..., like most other car manufacturers. You get both, a reminder AND not be annoying to others around you. Nissan for example has been doing from 10 years.

Also, take into consideration that Ford only added this feature midway through 2012, all 2010 & 2011 Ford & Lincoln vehicles with IA key did not have the double honk, how many complaints where there of people forgetting their keys? None that I have seen in any Forum I follow. Never did I also see anyone with a 2011/2012 trying to enable this feature.

A more subtle notification sound would be a good compromise. Using the horn is way overkill. I will say that a lower intensity honk sounds rather pathetic though...like a weak "bonk". My VW Jetta that I owned years back had a less intense honk when arming the alarm and it was comically pathetic sounding, I hated it.

Edited by roots57

Don't forget this was tied to a pending federal mandate to honk the horn when leaving a running vehicle without the key. That was based on deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning for folks who left the vehicle running in the garage, especially hybrids that may not be running when you stop but could start running as the battery drains.

The mandate never happened but Ford was being proactive and to avoid potential lawsuit liability. Blame the lawyers as much as anything on this one.

A more subtle notification sound would be a good compromise. Using the horn is way overkill.

In most cases yes, but not in the case where an elderly person leaves the car running in the garage accidentally. They probably wouldn't hear the honk.

Notice I'm not against the idea - just pointing out that it doesn't solve the major issue that Ford is worried about which is liability.

In most cases yes, but not in the case where an elderly person leaves the car running in the garage accidentally. They probably wouldn't hear the honk.

Notice I'm not against the idea - just pointing out that it doesn't solve the major issue that Ford is worried about which is liability.

I hope it can help some people from getting into a jam. I just think it should be something that is an option to have on or not by choice (without having to use forscan). I can't imagine that Ford could be held liable for anything if the feature wasn't included, but in this world of sue happy people, I guess anything is possible. Even if you do leave it running, it will shut off after 30 mins anyway wont it?

Don't forget this was tied to a pending federal mandate to honk the horn when leaving a running vehicle without the key.

interesting point that i was not aware of.

hey, wait, I resemble that remark!!! :)

when i first got the edge, i parked in an outdoor parking lot on a very busy road, thus quite noisy. i got out of the car and locked it and as i stepped away, the car double honked. i wondered what was wrong and went back to the car to check the doors, etc. i couldn't find anything amiss.

when i got back in the car 10 min later, i realized that it was still running!!! i attributed this to the fact that the car was so quiet and on a street with a lot of traffic noise. plus, i had never had a car with push-button start where i keep the key in my pocket. i guess it was a "senior moment" even though i don't yet qualify for the senior discounts!

so it just goes to prove that even the double-honk is not foolproof for some idiots!! LOL

• Like 1