Ford Edge Forum
snmjim

Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

Snmjim or Xtra, while its cool to have high hp and go on about how the Edge has more hp then x car... how about we post some 1/4 mile times. I can only assume you are both low 12s at this point (gosh I hope so with the long list of mods)....

Per post #228 in topic string: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-12

We are road racers, not draggers

We are over 60 and no longer have to prove or substantiate ourselves however, as a courtesy to 037, yourself and few others we are working towards making that happen strickley out of courtesy.

However, there have been several failed attempts made to date to provide slips but for one reason or another something would interfere with providing good solid data i.e. excessively high DAs, weather, track wait times due to accidents or fouling and my favorite "BLOWN OFF BOOST TUBE HOSE...LOL

If it AIN'T one thing it's another but we'll be relentless and do our due diligence to make it happen before the winter shutdown.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

It IS fun living life a 1/4 mile at a time ... once in a while :) Even with CCD there have been some hiccups, so no track is going to be immune.

• Like 1

Per post #228 in topic string: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-12

We are road racers, not draggers

We are over 60 and no longer have to prove or substantiate ourselves however, as a courtesy to 037, yourself and few others we are working towards making that happen strickley out of courtesy.

However, there have been several failed attempts made to date to provide slips but for one reason or another something would interfere with providing good solid data i.e. excessively high DAs, weather, track wait times due to accidents or fouling and my favorite "BLOWN OFF BOOST TUBE HOSE...LOL

If it AIN'T one thing it's another but we'll be relentless and do our due diligence to make it happen before the winter shutdown.

I don’t think anyone is doubting claims or saying you need to prove yourself, but 1/4 mile times speak bigger then whp numbers...

• Like 2

1/4 mile, high-speed run on city streets? Around here we call that a Starbucks run near closing time.

• Like 3

Blowing off the hose... That's my favorite one. It needs a silly amount of torque, I think 40 ft/lb.

I looked it up when my Conti started going and LMS didn't tighten it even close to where it should be after tstat change.

It makes a really cool whoosh when it comes off but then vehicle makes like 0 power... Didn'tike that part.

As far as Xtra and SNMJim, I do hope someone breaks my record this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing attempt slips so we can all discuss and try to push it past the records, happy to supply my experience to push deep into 12s.

Traction is the problem if the power isn't.

What do trap speeds look like? Season has maybe 4 weeks in it on the NE and I'm trying to get Conti to 12.5s but there is no mount available... Edge mount too short.

• Like 1

As far as road racing, get Dragy which records things as simple as 0 to 30, 60, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/2 mile.

Www.godragy.com and it's been track tested by me personally and is very close to track times, like 0.05 close

• Like 1

Xtra & I both thank you all for your input & recommendations and truly appreciate it.

We just ask for your patience with our slow approach to a hopefully fast outcome...;-)

Is Dragy an App used on the phone?

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Dragy is a 10 ghz GPS module that pairs with an app for performance measuring similar to a vbox but with a much more simple interface.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, 037 said:

Dragy is a 10 ghz GPS module that pairs with an app for performance measuring similar to a vbox but with a much more simple interface.

Do U know how Dragy data/Info compares to the Logs provided by the new HPTuner that plugs N2 the OBD port and connects to the HPTuner phone App called Track Addict?

21 hours ago, snmjim said:

Do U know how Dragy data/Info compares to the Logs provided by the new HPTuner that plugs N2 the OBD port and connects to the HPTuner phone App called Track Addict?

Draggy is a GPS module that attaches to your vehicle and provides acceleration data accurate with a tenth of second typically.  HPTuner cannot provide this as it uses your cars sensors which are skewed from having larger wheels.

• Like 1

Larger wheels should be easy to account for with any tuner.

37 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Larger wheels should be easy to account for with any tuner.

Totally correct! However hard to measure distance over time with a log tho ;-) aka drag time

Edited by Special_K
forgot a word lol
  • Like 1

HPTuner/Track Addict is using, displays & records GPS data

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snmjim said:

HPTuner/Track Addict is using, displays & records GPS data

Correct but not know for quater mile accuracy.