Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

snmjim

K, Ford is not Audi and S4 is not an Edge.

Well that explains a lot, i get them confused very easily, thanks for clarifying that for me :shrug: .

I am just speaking from my experience in vehicles. Also, wheel hop will of occur at some point with any car when increasing power, its the nature of the beast.

What email addy did you send your requests to? I confirmed with him that torrie@unleashedtuning.com is the correct contact. If you PM me your addy, I will ask him to look out for your communications.

On a disappointing note, Torrie from unleashed has yet to reply to any of my emails so we maybe stuck finding a different tuner :-/
  • Like 1

What email addy did you send your requests to? I confirmed with him that torrie@unleashedtuning.com is the correct contact. If you PM me your addy, I will ask him to look out for your communications.

Leslie got back in touch with us.

​So we have the tuner on board, turbos are being wrapped up, boost noodle is being fabricated, BOV is in the mail, Turbo blankets are being made, and it seems the only hold up is CP-e with the intercooler :-/

​STAY TUNED

• Like 2

Just curious isn't our PTU on the AWD a huge weak point already? From so many threads on here i figured this type of power gains would basically just be to much for the PTU. Or is the PTU not quite as unreliable as some have made it out to be on here?

you are correct the PTU is a limiting factor. however the Gen 2 Edgesport uses the same ptu out of the explorer which gives us a little bit of head room. Everything has its limits of course.

Just curious isn't our PTU on the AWD a huge weak point already? From so many threads on here i figured this type of power gains would basically just be to much for the PTU. Or is the PTU not quite as unreliable as some have made it out to be on here?

Fords PTU across the board is a weak point, no matter the chassis it's on. The beauty of it this time in 2nd gen, it's actually serviceable

• Like 2

I have done a fair amount of Gear lube testing and think I have found the best Gear lube to use with the PTU. Frequency of change is the key to longevity plus the extra amount of capacity that has been added to the PTU are the slight improvements with the addition of a drain plug to facilitate fluid changes. The PTU should be able to handle up to about 500hp. The newer PTU's have had some additional internal adjustments but heat is still the enemy of the lubricants.

• Like 1

I have done a fair amount of Gear lube testing and think I have found the best Gear lube to use with the PTU. Frequency of change is the key to longevity plus the extra amount of capacity that has been added to the PTU are the slight improvements with the addition of a drain plug to facilitate fluid changes. The PTU should be able to handle up to about 500hp. The newer PTU's have had some additional internal adjustments but heat is still the enemy of the lubricants.

Awesome info!

Would you like to enlighten what the best Gear lube is??

• Like 1

Awesome info!

Would you like to enlighten what the best Gear lube is??

I will in the near future. Spent a lot of time and money making the oil series videos for my channel. The series will be complete by the 2nd week of April with a full summary of all the oils tested and gear lubes tested. Frequency is VERY important.

• Like 1

snmjim, when these performance turbos become available will we need to send in our turbos for the core. Or will they be offered complete ? If a core is needed where did you find your used turbos for $300 or was it $300 each?

We are sending the cores off our car after we install the modified ones. So hopefully they will be available with core exchange.

• Like 2