LMS Tune V3 1/4 mile times

Mikula

The guy i spoke with said they adjust the tip in with the tune, then suggested the throttle enhancer. also, asked him about the AGS and intercooler grill to see if they could tune that out. i was told they have done it for the 2.3 mustang tune, but not the edge, and that they would talk to the tuner and get back to me (yea right)

1. Sounds like an upsell for something they can tune

2. They should be able to code out the AGS, but you'll get a response sometime next year I assume

At least you asked!

1. Sounds like an upsell for something they can tune

2. They should be able to code out the AGS, but you'll get a response sometime next year I assume

At least you asked!

here's one for you..

how long do you footbrake? maybe i'm not building boost long enough at launch? or maybe too much boost and blowing the tires off without realizing it. I usually hold from the time we both finish staging.

here's one for you..

how long do you footbrake? maybe i'm not building boost long enough at launch? or maybe too much boost and blowing the tires off without realizing it. I usually hold from the time we both finish staging.

Anywhere from 1 - 2 seconds. Boost at that low rpm isn't hard to build with your foot on the brake, that isn't your issue. Footwork is good? As in you aren't creating a delay from when you let off the brake vs. mashing the gas right?

Edited by GT500R

Anywhere from 1 - 2 seconds. Boost at that low rpm isn't hard to build with your foot on the brake, that isn't your issue. Footwork is good? As in you aren't creating a delay from when you let off the brake vs. mashing the gas right?

yes that should all be good. maybe i just got a slow one from the factory!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Broke some records this Sunday using Livernois V3 93 and race tunes @ Atco raceway NJ

1. New best 1/4 time: 12.79s
2. Highest mph: 108.51
3. Lowest 60ft: 1.838
4. First in 12.8s
5. First in 12.7s
6. Fastest time using 93 Octane: 13.15s

post-39248-0-89239700-1520469594_thumb.png

post-39248-0-36314800-1520469621_thumb.png

post-39248-0-21076800-1520469657_thumb.png

• Like 1

Broke some records this Sunday using Livernois V3 93 and race tunes @ Atco raceway NJ

1. New best 1/4 time: 12.79s
2. Highest mph: 108.51
3. Lowest 60ft: 1.838
4. First in 12.8s
5. First in 12.7s
6. Fastest time using 93 Octane: 13.15s

What was the DA and what mods or weight reduction? your 93 octane is nearly as good as my 100 octane. 60ft is great

*edit, i just checked the DA in the area... it was -970ft lol thats not even realistic for the rest of us anywhere else in the country! get outta here with that nonsense!

Edited by Mikula

I took the spare tire out, that's all for weight reduction. I did add a torque wrench to make sure the wheels don't come off as I swapped them in that morning.

No intercooler on yours or any other mods? Something smells funny here. My best run on 100 octane is 13.12 and that is with the truck gutted (no seats, no spare, nothing in the hatch area) and a DA of 475. I had no wheel hop, and the video doesn't show any kind of spin off the line. I have the same tune. somethings gotta give on these numbers.

oh, and for the record, I'm not saying your edge did not run those numbers. clearly it did. but there is more to this story somewhere. tell your secrets! Once I get a 12 second pass from mine, I'm done. I have a drag car in the garage for all my other speedy needs.

• 4 months later...

SpecialK & I are looking for someone within reasonable driving distance to Maryland with a 2016-2018 Edge Sport with an LMS v3 Tune that we can meetup with to do some Tune comparatives.

We're also soliciting anyone that used an Unleashed Tune but switched to LMS & why?

Would appreciate a prompt response to assist us with deciding who we should use for tuning when we install modified Turbos...;-)

• Like 2

Have any of you had lms give you a e30 tune? I had them to one for my brother in laws 2.7 and it was a huge increase over the 93 tune. Not sure it would beat 100 oct but Ive never had any luck getting good power out of any octane boost compared to an e blend or ms109.

Hell with these time you are getting I may trade the new 2.0 I got for a 2.7 and get a e30 tune topped with meth injection from Alky. Should be able to shave some decent time off with meth as the ic is heat soaking soon and meth would really lower those temps.

I am 200 miles away from Maryland and my wife would murder me for going. What's the incentive to go ;-) ?

No way we'd ask that much of you...lol

Maybe meet halfway or we come as far as you'd be comfortable with.

Not much incentive other than we're in negotiations with LMS to possibly start teaming with them on site in Detroit to assist with further development of the Tune beyond the stock Edge Sport i.e. Turbos and more... :clapping:

They informed us that their boxed Edge Sport Tunes were developed from experience with the 2.7 on other platforms but no specific Edge Sport hands on therefore, having us show up and having them Dyno Tune will allow them the detailed data they'd need to take the Tune further.

Therefore, the incentive would be that LMS will be in a position to offer better Tunes for stock Edge Sports in addition to going further with HiPo Mods.

Not a direct incentive but a FEF members benefit as a whole... :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Have any of you had lms give you a e30 tune? I had them to one for my brother in laws 2.7 and it was a huge increase over the 93 tune. Not sure it would beat 100 oct but Ive never had any luck getting good power out of any octane boost compared to an e blend or ms109.

Hell with these time you are getting I may trade the new 2.0 I got for a 2.7 and get a e30 tune topped with meth injection from Alky. Should be able to shave some decent time off with meth as the ic is heat soaking soon and meth would really lower those temps.

You won't have that IC heat soak issue if you'd read our R&D string:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/

That along with our parts resource shopping list should get U where U want 2 B...;-)

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24317-the-ultimate-27tt-aftermarket-parts-thread/

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

You said 16-18 model year...that cut.

I can meet you guys at Atco, that's a 90 mile trip for me. Next availability is like September 2nd for a weekend or I have to take a day off mid week...

Either way, I will be running 112 octane going easy on no one.

• Like 1