Sign in to follow this  
Darcy433

2009 Ford Edge Remote start

Wow what a brain twister....When I try the remote start...I get a fail with two beeps....I have read and watched many videos and have tried a few things without success....have taken it in and out of valet mode and service mode successfully and then retried remote start with the same result....have looked under the hood for a switch of some sorts and have only seen what looks like a round silver barreled mercury switch, which is prolly for the under hood light.....no sign of another switch or sensor anywhere.....does anyone have any other suggestions or if you have a 2009 Edge and know where this switch is please post a image for me.....thanks in advance for any thoughts you can share with me.

I have a 2010 MKX and it does they same thing. Works fine in summer and fall but when it gets cold it does the same thing. Fails when I need it!!! I have also tried also possible fixes and nothing has worked. There is another sensor under the hood that I wonder what it does. I know where the hood down sensor is and have bypassed that but no success. Mine does not have any under hood light. Pictures attached.

post-40696-0-44454800-1514943150_thumb.jpg

post-40696-0-45294200-1514943159_thumb.jpg

I have a 2010 MKX and it does they same thing. Works fine in summer and fall but when it gets cold it does the same thing. Fails when I need it!!! I have also tried also possible fixes and nothing has worked. There is another sensor under the hood that I wonder what it does. I know where the hood down sensor is and have bypassed that but no success. Mine does not have any under hood light. Pictures attached.

Could that be a mercury switch to trigger on a hood open event? Or perhaps the antenna? I don't know for certain, but perhaps the under hood switch only works with the engine start security system? Edited by enigma-2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this