Rear Motor Mount (RMM) (2016 Edge Sport)

snmjim

Contrary to popular belief and for those anxiously awaiting the CPe RMM it's finally available! :happy feet:

It is true that CPe made the statement in the past that they weren't making any Edge Sport specific parts however, they've agreed to work with us to R&D any potential Fusion Sport parts that could be shared with minimal customizing, we are finally on the CPe radar... :clapping:

We completed fitment without an issue and are in the break in process using a 2016 Edge Sport AWD.
It's an 80 Duro bushing and so far there's more vibration (NVH) being fed back to the passenger compartment as would be expected over the stock RMM.

http://cp-e.com/shop/ford

http://cp-e.com/shop/product-category/ford/ford-edge-2-7tt-15-18/

There's no need to do a "How To" for this since it's only two bolts and it's as simple as the Pics show... :hat_tip:

Pics:

- Stock mount
- CPe mount
- Comparative of the two
- Installed Pics
- Ultimate Performance RMM (red) used by Bishop

Updates:

- NVH was resolved with CPe by updating the RMM with a 60 Duro bushing. The 60 Duro bushing gives a pleasant positive power train connection along with a comfortable NVH factor. A major positive difference from the 80 Duro. CPe claims their RMM is currently used on vehicles with over 1000 hp of which we'll never see on this platform. This concludes our RMM study.

Sig Line: There's a point at which you have to realize that the pig is enjoying the mud wrestle... :doh::hat_tip:

post-46284-0-50215200-1512864400_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-53924300-1512864412_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-48811800-1512864426_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-15340200-1512864440_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-49812500-1512864454_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-50722400-1512864467_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

only halfway off topic, but what are the dimensions of the stock intercooler vs the prototype. i can't find info on the dimensions of our stock one anywhere i've looked.

In an effort to maintain thread topic purity I've responded to this under the "Intercooler - Sport" thread at:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-5?do=findComment&comment=178733

Edited by snmjim

• 4 months later...

CPe claims their RMM is currently used on vehicles with over 1000 hp of which we'll never see on this platform. This concludes our RMM study.

Sig Line: There's a point at which you have to realize that the pig is enjoying the mud sucking... :doh::hat_tip:

1000hp sounds awesome. Perfect application to run a bushing like that. Do they have any pics or vids of this 1000hp vehicle running one of their mounts? should i call them or pm you for the info on it?

• 4 weeks later...

What is the stock durometer measurement?

Don't know for sure however having examined one next to the CPe 60 Duro RMM I'd take a SWAG at it and say no more than 30 at best but wouldn't B surprised if it was 20. I was able 2 move the inner attachment point by hand, try that with any of the aftermarkets...;-)

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New to the forum, and playing catch up. Using this RMM increases NVH in the cabin over the stock RMM, correct?

I understand that the stock ones aren't great, but if they do their job, what's the point of installing one that increases NVH in the cabin? Or is the case that NVH remains the same with the 60 duro bushing?

New to the forum, and playing catch up. Using this RMM increases NVH in the cabin over the stock RMM, correct?

I understand that the stock ones aren't great, but if they do their job, what's the point of installing one that increases NVH in the cabin? Or is the case that NVH remains the same with the 60 duro bushing?

First of all...WELCOME!

Yes, a modified RMM usually does increase NVH but there is an acceptable level which is a personal preference.

If your staying stock there's no need to change the RMM however, if your increasing HP and intend to dig and hard launch you should consider going with the CPe RMM. The stock RMM will allow too much movement in the powertrain in turn over stressing other powertrain components.

FYI,

SpecialK & I are the ones that worked directly with CPe to develop the acceptable Duro/NVH.

We started at 80 Duro and by increments of 10 ended up at 60 being the happy medium.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I already received and installed the black RMM with a big increase in cabin noise and vibration..which I'm ok with. But should I have went with the red one? Or send it back to get the red one?

Hey there Bolt,

If you don't intend to increase HP then there was no need in changing the RMM out.

However, if you do then its a matter of personal preference on the cabin noise & vibration.

If I recall correctly...the red one from Ultimate Perf does use a softer Duro however I recommend you contact Shawn at CPe (301-477-1933) and ask him to verify that you have the correct bushing Duro for the Ford Edge Sport.

It has happened that since the CPe Fusion Sport & Edge Sport share the same RMM but with different Duro bushings that you could have received the harder bushing used by the Fusion Sport (80-70 Duro) vs the Edge which should be 60.

Edited by snmjim

Every day on my 52 mile journey to work lol. But an actual track not yet. I will be going to LMS and putting her on the dyno to see the results of the upgrades...but that won't be for a while since I've just seen that the right side PTU seal is leaking also the RDU appears to be leaking also

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, ituhata said:

Can you only purchase the CPe motor mount through paypal?

They are using PayPal for the checkout process. If you do not feel comfortable with sharing your PayPal info. You can check out as a guest and just input your CC info. 

Also in the option/ note field. You should specify that they use the 60 Duro bushing . They may (accidentally )use the 70-80 Duro  bushing used for the Fusion sport.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ituhata said:

@snmjim @onyxbfly

FYI I got an email back from Kelly at CP-e, to confirm if the mount they shipped was 60 or 80 duro. She said both the Ford Fusion and Ford Edge mounts are now both 65 duro after testing (and I assume have discontinued the 60 and 80)

Thnx for validating that issue!

The Duro issue has been in the grey ever since they moved to the Carolinas.

We originally settled refinement at 60 Duro from the 80 we started at.

Let us know how it feels at idle.

57 minutes ago, ituhata said:

@snmjim @onyxbfly

FYI I got an email back from Kelly at CP-e, to confirm if the mount they shipped was 60 or 80 duro. She said both the Ford Fusion and Ford Edge mounts are now both 65 duro after testing (and I assume have discontinued the 60 and 80)

12 minutes ago, snmjim said:

Thnx for validating that issue!

The Duro issue has been in the grey ever since they moved to the Carolinas.

We originally settled refinement at 60 Duro from the 80 we started at.

Let us know how it feels at idle.

I wonder if they would fulfill a custom order for 60 Duro.........