2016 Sport 2.7 BOV

snmjim

trust me if an ls3 would be an easy swap i would have done it already ;-).

But we are looking for a left and right turbo to send off to have 2867gtx cores machined in, with the goal to hit 24psi and hold till redline instead of tapering off to 14psi and blowing hot air like our stock ones do.

oversized hairdryers for sure in stock form

trust me if an ls3 would be an easy swap i would have done it already ;-).

But we are looking for a left and right turbo to send off to have 2867gtx cores machined in, with the goal to hit 24psi and hold till redline instead of tapering off to 14psi and blowing hot air like our stock ones do.

Depends on your tune, some taper to 14 psi in 3rd and some tunes are able to hit 19 psi @ 6200 rpm, again depends on the tuner.... which I agree is hot air at that point, but 14 psi is more in the efficiency rang.

• Like 1

no from this "I've had my BOV on for 2 years now. It's more a sound mod "

Show me the logs that prove the one you guys installed...

Improves throttle response?

Better boost control after a gearshift, etc.?

Or just makes a difference in how the car performs in general?

I am all for modifications, but I like to see data before I make my mind up.

• Like 2

I guess it improves throttle response as much as a TB spacer.

with my logs, Torrie noticed not a single difference with/without

• Like 1

Most likely see a quicker throttle response if you got off the throttle and immediately jabbed it again, but under what driving condition would that happen, can only see it on a stick shift gear change, or trying to impress at the lights with the transmission in Neutral pumping the throttle as seen in the YouTube videos.

Edited by 1004ron

• 3 months later...

Most likely see a quicker throttle response if you got off the throttle and immediately jabbed it again, but under what driving condition would that happen, can only see it on a stick shift gear change, or trying to impress at the lights with the transmission in Neutral pumping the throttle as seen in the YouTube videos.

Happens all the time when I am in the canyons. Flat out full throttle into the corner get off the gas, hit the brakes hard, turn in, then jab that throttle and burn rubber out of the corner. Better throttle response would help a lot with precise control when you have a 300 ft drop off cliff on one side and a wall of stone on the other. :shift:

• Like 1

Meh, that's why you have a Utility Vehicle. Always check your parachute before proceeding on mission. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

That's my next mod. I've already welded the piece to the frame, just have to run the cable to a switch in the front so I can pull the chute when necessary. :doh: (I think that is the smiley face for sarcasm)

• Like 2

Here is an interesting video on Blow Off Valves and why a duel port BOV is the best choice for the Edge Sport.

He does not mention that the catalytic converter can overheat when backfiring .

Great factual find from the Best Coast Brother!

Thnx Xtra!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not noticed any difference in sound.

As far as exhaust signature same here.

However, if your one of those who like that blow off valve sound it can be adjusted to sound off earlier but remember it's a "BLOW OFF" valve therefore your dumping valuable performance pressure..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anybody have sound bites from the dual-port BOV, Turbosmart or anything besides the Boomba?  I have the Boomba and it's really annoying sounding. I've had lots of turbo cars and I've always had a chirp or whistle sound from them, but never this full-on PPSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for like 10 seconds straight. Are there other options like blocking off the factory BOV plate and putting one on the cold side closer to the TB?

5 hours ago, tyyrael said:

Does anybody have sound bites from the dual-port BOV, Turbosmart or anything besides the Boomba?  I have the Boomba and it's really annoying sounding. I've had lots of turbo cars and I've always had a chirp or whistle sound from them, but never this full-on PPSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for like 10 seconds straight. Are there other options like blocking off the factory BOV plate and putting one on the cold side closer to the TB?

the turbosmart makes the same sound. 

• Haha 1

My Turbosmart: TS-0203-1281 is a duel port BOV,  and it is as quiet as the stock BOV. I have not noticed any difference in the sound. I did not install mine for the sound anyway, I did it because I needed a precision valve that actuates exactly the same every time. Before I installed this aftermarket BOV sometimes my car would lose boost when going on and off the throttle on tight twisty roads.  I would lift coming into a corner then there would be no boost when I wanted it coming out of the corner. It was like there was absolutely no power at all. The car would slow down fast throwing you forward in the seat then build boost push you back into the seat and accelerate. Not a good thing when you are doing precision mountain driving at speed.  

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, Xtra said:

Here is an interesting video on Blow Off Valves and why a duel port BOV is the best choice for the Edge Sport.

He does not mention that the catalytic converter can overheat when backfiring .

Geez, can't figure out how to reduce the size of the video....  anyhow. 

I was just looking for information about my new to me 2016 Sport and came across this thread and video, something came to mind.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Edge 2.7L doesn't meter air entering the engine using a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.  Instead we use a Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor.   I can't help but wonder if this BOV video is exactly accurate to how it functions on the Ecoboost and what might be different from MAF to MAP...?  

• 1 month later...

Hello, How do you get these damn studs off of the stock Bov? I was thinking the double nut technic but there is something covering the threads on the back. I have a 2016 Sport - all the videos have these hex head caps - mine are threaded studs with no nut poking up. 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:21 PM, CTXCTS said:

Hello, How do you get these damn studs off of the stock Bov? I was thinking the double nut technic but there is something covering the threads on the back. I have a 2016 Sport - all the videos have these hex head caps - mine are threaded studs with no nut poking up. 

Pic please, can't osmos your mental image...?