2016 Edge Sport (G2) Front & Rear Sway Bars

snmjim

Shit, I never even cared to check cause they were totally different on the 07-14. Well...even though I wont see my Edge for maybe a year, I'm down if anyone backs out.

awdbar.jpg

This confirms that the procedure is the same, but not whether the parts are the same or not.

This confirms that the procedure is the same, but not whether the parts are the same or not.

Usually when things are different, it lists a different procedure. Also considering that the Ford Parts diagrams are the same for both awd and fwd along with prices. Id say they are the same.

Edited by Nick Halstead

NOTICE...

Ref my post on page 3 of this topic thread for ADDCO Stabilizer bar purchase Info...

Those who committed to a buy please PM me once you have done so.

I'll follow-up with the ADDCO POC towards end of Wk for a production status... :2thumbs:

Edited by snmjim

Afternoon All,

I spoke with John Wright from ADDCO. He asked for name, address, and their preferred method of payment. (Visa, MC, or AMEX) When we spoke he said that, I was the third person to call and make payment.

He emphasized that production will not begin until he has secured payments from a minimum of 10 people.

This is not an open ended order. The clock is ticking. If payment is not submitted soon the offer will be taken off the table. At that point we will essentially be assed out!

It may or may not be possible to convince them of the sincerity of our intentions in the future.

Lets get this show on the road!

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 2

Ill call in the morning. First time getting on here, been on vacation.

The ADDCO Stabilizer bar specifics are in and ADDCO is ready for us to collectively order!

Note: this bar specifically applies to late model 2015 thru 2018 AWD & FWD Edge Sport.

ADDCO requires a minimum order of 10 to INITIATE this production run and will not consider a smaller Qty.

I'm coordinating this initial purchase for us in order to initiate the minimum production batch price requirement.

SpecialK is coordinating Facebook orders to assist with accomplishing the production initiation Qty.

Note: if you attempt to go direct to ADDCO you will defeat the purpose of the group rate.The following have committed to placing the initial orders:

Xtra

onyxbfly

One Slow 5.0

JScaro

roots57

Denny Gaughan

redlancer

We have exceeded the minimum production number, this count includes 5 orders from the Facebook group.

Additional orders WILL be accepted as long as they are placed during the required time frame for this initial order (28 May thru 01 June 2018).

The bar is powder coated black and supplied with mid section brackets and bushings (Ref Pics).UPDATEs:

- As of 24 May 2018 install/fitment is complete and successful with the usual Stab bar install technique.

- As of 25 May Performance testing results:

Body roll eliminated

Car is firmly planted in sharp speed turns

Understeer mitigated 80-90%ADDCO INITIAL ORDER SPECIFICS:

As of 29 May 2018:

- Immediately contact John Wright (ADDCO primary Engineer) (Office: 800-338-7015 x102 or Cell 828-719-8034) to place your order.

- 28 May being a Holiday may require leaving a message and following up 29 May 2018.

- John Wright (ADDCO POC) asked that you leave a Msg if he doesn't answer and he'll return your call.

ADDCO Info:

www.addco.net

Part # 2452 1.125

Price = $185.00 (price does NOT include shipping)INSTALLATION COMMENTS:

Ref Pics

Recommend replacing OE links with MOOG (p/n MOO K750744) from RockAuto. Stiffer bar stronger links.

Put very light coat of silicone or grease on inside diameter of bushings to allow for ease of bar left to right alignment.

Loose fit the bar by resting it in place over exhaust pipe without bolting down bushing brackets.

Then install the links, if you elected to replace them, but leave connected & loosely bolted.

Tighten down links first then align bar so the distance is equal for the amount of bar extending beyond the left & right bushing.

Tighten down bushings & your done.

Note: you may want to consider putting anti seize on all threads...GENERAL COMMENTS:

If we taunt SpecialK enough he just might bless us with an evaluation & comparative video to his last video...hint, hint...I so enjoy taunting that fine young man...lol

• Like 1

WE'RE AT 14!!!

If you haven't placed your order do so per the direction in my post on pg 3 of this topic string!... :drool::whistling::2thumbs::hat_tip:

GO FORD EDGE FORUMS MEMBERS... :worship::yahoo::number1::clapping::ford:

NOTE: For those who missed it before let there be no doubt...WE DO NOT GET ANY KICK BACKS DOING THIS FOR YOU, ok maybe a headache or 2... :doh:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

I'll get it, i just put the lowering springs on too, night and day difference there with handling. It actually looks like a futurey looking concept car too with how low it is but while still having a tall body.

Follow up question, if I were to install this myself, how do I know what to torque to? I don't even have a torque wrench so I'll grab one at lowe's or something.

Shop manual says 52lbft for the bracket bolts and 85lbft for the endlinks. Probably not the most critical torque spec on the vehicle, "tight" would probably do fine, but any shade-tree mechanic worth his salt should have a torque wrench.

swaybar_Torque.jpg

Edited by redlancer
  • Like 1

One more to go, ten or more have signed up but so far only 9 have stepped up. If one more will step up then production can begin by Monday. If no one steps up. Well ............ everyone will be SOL. Come on people don't let this opportunity pass by.

It's official...ADDCO has achieved the Min Qty required 2 start production however...their waiting on raw material so it's going to be 2-4 Wks till start of production.

Note:
ADDCO's raw material supply was exhausted by an unexpected large order from Summit Racing, they use about 15 thousand pounds of 1.125 a month!

At least we're past the major hurtle...

IF IT ISN'T ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER!!!

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2