2016 Edge Sport (G2) Front & Rear Sway Bars

snmjim

I picked up a annoying squeak after the bar was installed. I think it might help to have some type of light lubracation under the bushings to prevent this noise until things break in. Anyone else have this problem?

I did. It was also noted in the instructions I read. So far no noise from them.

I picked up a annoying squeak after the bar was installed. I think it might help to have some type of light lubracation under the bushings to prevent this noise until things break in. Anyone else have this problem?

It looks like in the picture of your bar that there was some grease applied to your bushings. Did you figure out where it was coming from? I had them apply some grease to mine, no squeaking so far.

• Like 1

It looks like in the picture of your bar that there was some grease applied to your bushings. Did you figure out where it was coming from? I had them apply some grease to mine, no squeaking so far.

My bar had silicone grease applied at install, on the bar, the bushings and the side of the bushings where the locks are . You were correct ,I asked and you can see it in the photo as well. They even put grease in the zirk fittings of the links. Now I am not sure where the noise is coming from.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

is silicone grease the right kind of grease for the swaybar? In older vehicles, there was a special grease just for this purpose at least for polyurethane bushings, and very effective, but difficult to apply.

http://polybushings.com/pages/bushinglube.html

Used this on our 97 Dodge Intrepid and it worked perfectly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can we still purchase sway bars? Or has that ship sailed?

For that batch it has sailed.

However, key word here being "THAT BATCH"... :idea:

If you go back into this topic string (Post #48) for the manufacture (ADDCO) POC: John and give him a call he may be willing to produce another batch if you can generate enough interest to meet his minimum Qty number.... :clapping:

Recommendation: to Gen up enough interest you should include soliciting the Face Book Edge community in addition to this Forums... :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

I have this odd noise coming from the rear end, its hard to describe, but it's not a squeak. It almost sounds like the exhaust is swaying and bumping into some other part of the car (like a hollow tapping noise). It happens when I drive over an uneven bump or go over a speed bump at an angle and I hear the bump/tapping noise once or twice then it stops when the suspension finishes damping out. I posted this here because I only noticed it recently and the last work I had done was the sway bar install. I had the rear wheels off last weekend and none of the rear suspension components seem to be loose or broken or anything. The car seems to be driving/handling fine too. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be? Kind of driving me nuts now! :gaah::shrug:

Edited by roots57

Yeah, at about the same time & event we had the same noise and found it after several of us violently shook the rear of the car from left to right.

And it was.....

Wait for it....

The exhaust pipe sashaying left & right usually when going over uneven bumps i.e. speed bumps at an angle.

The curved section of the tail pipes where they exit the muffler were clapping against my tow hitch framing.

Therefore, we used a body panel hammer (square head) to beat the inside of the tailpipe curvature slightly flatter than it normally is and BAM sound gone.

For those without a hitch...hopefully this provided some food for thought...;-)

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Yeah, at about the same time & event we had the same noise and found it after several of us violently shook the rear of the car from left to right.

And it was.....

Wait for it....

The exhaust pipe sashaying left & right usually when going over uneven bumps i.e. speed bumps at an angle.

The curved section of the tail pipes where they exit the muffler were clapping against my tow hitch framing.

Therefore, we used a body panel hammer (square head) to beat the inside of the tailpipe curvature slightly flatter than it normally is and BAM sound gone.

For those without a hitch...hopefully this provided some food for thought...;-)

I thought so! I'm certainly hoping its that simple of a problem for mine too and not something serious. It totally sounds like exhaust tubing clanging against something. Maybe I'll give my exhaust a few nudges with my foot in different directions to see if I can recreate the sound and verify this is the source.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...