• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Macbwt, I found this video that you might find interesting . In these tests Amsoil and Pennzoil Platinum fight it out for top spot over many of the brands you have tested . The Pennzoil is recommended in this video for DI use over the Amsoil. I find your series of videos to be be interesting, informative, educational and entertaining so keep up the good work:hat_tip:.  Your thoughts on this video and if it is in line with your findings would be appreciated. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the oil report if anyone has seen a similar trendS with the newer 2.7 shearing the oil or if Mact you have any thoughts.. I changed the oil last time about 1,000 miles past when the on life oil monitor said to change it. Both the first and second (nearly third as well) had the oil sheared to a what would be a lower viscosity oil. This most recent time I changed it right at the indicated time and it was barely on the edge. All three oil samples were done with the exact same oil. Thoughts? Thank you. 

D2BAE8F6-E0A4-4ACA-BE0A-4A10D5B45EBA.jpeg

Oil is doing just fine.  Knowing the TBN would be helpful, but sounds like the IOLM is doing good 4 you.  Only the Shell Rotella GT was tested in the 5W30 viscosity, but the change to SN+ certification I believe has led to more "hidden" ingredients/additives that normal oil testing will not discover.  For used oil analysis, the wear element numbers and the properties will continue to hold value.

• 2 months later...