62 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   037

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 405 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:27 AM

Well, this is a full second to 60. Could be a difference between an easy highway merge and a less fun one.

For people who never go over 20% throttle in any car, I'm guessing there is no difference.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Well, this is a full second to 60. Could be a difference between an easy highway merge and a less fun one.

For people who never go over 20% throttle in any car, I'm guessing there is no difference.

You don't have to go 20% throttle.  Pretty much anything less than WOT and you're not going to notice much.

I'm just arguing semantics here about the term "negligible" in relation to a slightly faster car vs. one with more interior room.

To the drag racer who likes to go WOT the extra power may be like night and day and the extra room is meaningless.  But for most other buyers the extra room is significant and the extra power would go unused 98% of the time.

#63 OFFLINE   Bamm1

Bamm1

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

Edge only has 11 more sq feet cargo space. Estimate are putting ST 0-60 in mid 5-6s range. Ford could do better here. Go big, or go home. 

This is the "range" I was referencing.

The current Edge Sport already goes 0-60 in that same range.  The ST is at least a few tenths faster.  I would say maybe closing in on FuSpo territory for straight line performance.

But back to the original comment, not in the same range.

My statement regarding the "range" was referring to the current 0-60 time range for the Edge Sport vs. the estimated 0-60 time range for the Edge ST posted by Nicksteer. Then I went on to talk about the new Edge ST likely getting closer to the times for the current gen Ford Fusion Sport.  At no point did I state that any Ford product I referenced fell into the same range as the M40i.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users