4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde 265x40x21

sfbluenote

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Their rated as poor. Why wouldn't you go for the highest rated tires on a CUV so expensive? The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are numbet one rated and will set you back $1600+ but that's cost of running 21"tires. Tires are too important to run garbage.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S&partnum=64YR1PS4SXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Edge+FWD&autoModClar=Sport&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Edge+FWD&autoModClar=Sport

Edited by enigma-2

Their rated as poor. Why wouldn't you go for the highest rated tires on a CUV so expensive? The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are numbet one rated and will set you back $1600+ but that's cost of running 21"tires. Tires are too important to run garbage.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S&partnum=64YR1PS4SXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Edge+FWD&autoModClar=Sport&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Edge+FWD&autoModClar=Sport

Because those are summer tires and the Pirellis are the only All Season tires available in that size.

• Like 1

Because those are summer tires and the Pirellis are the only All Season tires available in that size.

Ah rat-a-fratz. Never read the description. You're right about the Pirelli's. The SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON has a "would buy again" rating of 5.6. That's low.

The SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS, arn't rated yet but one of two reviewers wrote he was on his wear bars at less than 20k miles.

I did find two other ALL-SEASON tires in this size however.

First is a Achilles Desert Hawk UHP All-Season Radial Tire - 265/40R21 105V. Never heard of this brand and no reviews to go on. $176.73 with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XSCL9R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dPTcBbYT4BBX5

The other one sounds like it has promise.

Michelin Latitude Sport 3 All-Season Radial Tire -265/40R21 101Y. $320.70. Free shipping for Amazon Prime members.

Too new, not rated yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011OAWCU0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jRTcBbH0STB6Z

Iffen it were me, I'd go with the Michelin's.

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you replace them with ? I have a new Edge Sport and HATE HATE HATE the tires and am looking to replace them but finding the choices are so limited !

I replaced the Scorpion Verde with Atturo AZ 850's. Never heard of that tire before...they were recommended to me by Roots 57, another member.They are cheap - about $600 delivered and so far I like 'em.

I replaced the Scorpion Verde with Atturo AZ 850's. Never heard of that tire before...they were recommended to me by Roots 57, another member.They are cheap - about $600 delivered and so far I like 'em.

I can’t find anything that says whether the Atturos are summer or all season.

• Like 1

And the mere fact that they don't disclose this on their website makes me very apprehensive.....

So far the handful of members that pursued these tires live on the west coast...... When I used to live out there apart from rain the weather was generally great.

And the mere fact that they don't disclose this on their website makes me very apprehensive.....

...Im certain the Atturo's are not all season. I specifically bought them as High Performance Summer/Dry weather Tires.

Here in the SF Bay Area I run HP Summer tires all year round.

...Im certain the Atturo's are not all season. I specifically bought them as High Performance Summer/Dry weather Tires.Here in the SF Bay Area I run HP Summer tires all year round.

Great for CA but not for the rest of us that need all seasons. Thanks for pointing out the option though.