Titanium Seats uncomfortable

Check to see if those are really metal frame pieces in the sides.  In the Focus ST Recaro seats quite a few people on the Forums did not like to side bolsters as they were to tight for anyone but a skinny person.  They took the covers off and removed the plastic forms that were in the cushions or in some case replaced the cushions to make them more comfortable.  I doubt there are metal forms in the seats as they probably use the same frame throughout the Edge lineup and I know my ST seats are more bolstered than the SEL I test drove and the rest of the seats look identical except the bolstering.  And coming from the Focus ST recaro's I actually wish these had a little more bolster on the sides, but I am 5'7" and 155lbs so I am kinda small framed.  Lol.  So you may be able to make some adjustments to the bolsters and retain all the heating and cooling and same look of the seat and not cost money.  Of course if you are not the type that wants to mess with an upholstery person would. 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. I picked up a low mileage 2015 Edge Sport on 3/30/19. Love everything about the the Edge except the drivers seat. Driving any distance the bolsters in the seat were very painful. After trying a few seat pads that did not help, I decided to bring the Edge to an upholsterer based off the recommendations on this forum topic. 

I had Snyder Upholstery in Rochester NY pull the seat to see of they could modify the bolsters to make it more comfortable. Bob from Snyder's immediately sent me a picture of the METAL Bar that is in the bolster, see below. Bob said he has worked on a lot of car seats over the years and he has never seen anything like this. Basically a WTF is this bar for! He cut out the bars in the bolsters and now the seat is very comfortable. That bar is no longer hitting me in the hips729510307_metalbarinseat.thumb.jpg.5ef4a37227a0d9bd6ae6fc6f888279cf.jpg. I highly recommend this solution to anyone still unhappy with this seat!

• Like 1