How does your AWD work

Mikula

The Edge only has a 18.8 degree front approach angle, so if the hill was really 25 degrees, you would have smashed your front bumper trying to pull on to it.

Had nothing to measure the angle, so its just a wild guess. It looked pretty crazy standing infront of it and you werent able to walk up the road on the ice, it was too slippery.

Like Omar said, it was a gradual incline; you turn off the main road into an alley. You will see within a couple of meters you climb two stories, i know photos are deceptive but compare the distance you travel to the height of the cars and the parking garage. Now imagine that piece of road covered with ice!

Edit: doesnt look crazy at all in the photo lol Guess its the angle of the camera on the google car roof. Oh well....

post-48983-0-69953300-1532033794_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaX83_ZA

When I was in Utah for Chrismas last year I purposely found hills , ice and thick snow to test out how well the AWD system worked. It worked really well. Like MaX83-ZA said. You can feel the power going to the tires that have traction. So a little jerky feeling with the steering wheel as the fronts would spin then grab. And the added traction in the rears helped keep the vehicle moving. This is my first AWD vehicle as I always had 4x4 truck. I feel just as safe in my Edge as I do in my truck.

• Like 2