Ford Edge Forum
Mikula

Solved: Noise or rattle above 40mph

If you guys are getting some noises or rattling seemingly from underneath your vehicle, this should solve the issue. This topic has been touched upon several times, and for some people it is hard to understand how to solve it without seeing what we're talking about, so I made a video to help out.

The noise started about 4 months into ownership, and sometimes it would be noise above 30mph, sometimes not until 60mph, but it was a common theme... ANNOYING.

The problem is the 3 small buttons or pins on each side that hold the under body cover in place. Hopefully this helps someone!

• Like 5

Great video. I couldn't help but wonder if the buffeting from wind under the car will eventually work the "U" shaped pieces out; requiring this fix to be done over again. Believe if it were me, I would use plastic garden hose washers. Thick enough and would never come out, but it would require pulling the screw out to install. (Never have to do it again though).

• Like 3

Great video. I couldn't help but wonder if the buffeting from wind under the car will eventually work the "U" shaped pieces out; requiring this fix to be done over again. Believe if it were me, I would use plastic garden hose washers. Thick enough and would never come out, but it would require pulling the screw out to install. (Never have to do it again though).

I was concerned about the same thing, which is why I abandoned the zip tie and ended up with the wire. They seem to fit very tight in there, no play at all, so I'm hoping no vibrations to shake them loose.

• Like 1

I just did the e-wire hack on the driver's side deflector panel last night. Worked like a charm. And if/when these work loose I'll go with the rubber grommet hack. This time, it was cold outside, cold in the garage, and cold hands. Just happy to have that noise abated for now. Now, on the passenger side the dealer resolved the issue by taking the deflector off!!! Seriously, they did. They're buying me a new one. Imagine I'll have to hack that one, too, eventually. 

Thanks for the video. 

• Like 1