Intercooler Outlet/Cold Pipe Upgrade (2015-2018 Edge Sport)

The Rambo modified IC Outlet/Cold pipe is ready for market at $230 a copy.
This includes basic powder coat colors & shipment.

Place your orders direct to: Ramfab27@gmail.com.

Notes:

- Each pipe is hand fabricated and will take 7 days to produce & ship, recommend ordering ahead of time before the waiting list grows.

- SnmJim & Special K are scheduling Dyno & track time after install of which results will B posted.

post-46284-0-59643100-1525223571_thumb.jpeg

post-46284-0-74979500-1525223587_thumb.jpeg

post-46284-0-81115700-1525223600_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

I just received mine today and it is beautiful . Now that all the parts have arrived the transformation will start on Monday May 7.

Preliminary tests have shown positive results. Snmjim and Special-K will complete in depth testing.

post-46130-0-40243000-1525567056_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-64880800-1525566919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

I just received mine today and it is beautiful . Now that all the parts have arrived the transformation will start on Monday May 7.

Preliminary tests have shown positive results. Snmjim and Special-K will complete in depth testing.

attachicon.gif2.7L EcoBoost Edge Sport Intercooler Cold Side Pipe.JPG attachicon.gif2.7L G2 Edge Sport Intercooler Cold Side Pipe.JPG

Xtra,

Keep us posted on this. just got my LMS tuner and next project will be the intercooler & piping.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone installed this yet? How did it go?

Yes, several of us have installed this pipe.

How did the install go or ???

Exactly what is it U R asking?

I'm aware of 2 that have installed this pipe using the factory IC and neither have tailored their tune to take advantage of the additional air nor have either of them done any hard data testing i.e. track, Dyno, onboard computer screen shots, etc.

This installation will require removal of the front clip for access along with replacement of a stock vacuum hose with a larger diameter hose and clamps.

If your not looking to increase performance...value added for effort expended probably isn't worth the effort but that is a personal call.

Performance recommendation: Replace the IC outlet (cold) pipe and IC... :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Anyone installed this yet? How did it go?

What exactly would you like to know? This pipe eliminates the stock pipes bottle neck where it goes from 2.5 to 1.75 back to 2.5in, this pipe is 2.5 all the way through. We have no power numbers associated with this part due to dyno failure/issues, however just basic knowledge of fluid dynamics would make this mod self explanatory. The installwill take about 3-5 hours and is mostly dependent upon how well you know the vehicle, if you are that far into the vehicle i would recommend upgrading the Intercooler also while you are there. You will need some extra tube and 2 hose clamps to attach the vacuum source hose.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, THE_BOLT said:

What brand of clamps and hoses did you go with? Also where to buy them?  I'm doing both the intercooler and cold side pipe

We use Vibrant Performance T-Bolt clamps for our boost tubes and their V-Band clamp Sys for exhaust Sys.

Make sure you get the correct size for the job at hand.

https://stores.pepboys.com.

Aside from cooler intake Temps you will not see a notable performance improvement until you Tune for it..:hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would add to this thread. When installing the RamnFab pipe you will need to run a hose from the pipe to an airbox sensor. Because the pipe and the airbox have different size nipples, I had to have an adaptor 1/2 to 5/8 inch. I got this adaptor at the local parts store along with the hose and clamps. 

The adaptor in place.      5/8 hose to the pipe and 1/2 inch to the sensor. 

ADAPTOR 5:8 TO 1:2  .JPG

The complete hose installed. 

WIDE SHOT.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Yes, it is, but the nipple size is different on each end in my car . So I am not sure how you used just one hose to connect them both unless RamFab corrected the nipple size on the pipe from 5/8 to 1/2 inch to match the stock nipple. If not then you have a 5/8 ID hose on a nipple designed for 1/2 inch, and that can cause problems.  That is why I had to install the hose adaptor.

• Like 1

FYI

We had Rambo update the intercooler outlet pipe, aka cold side pipe, design to make the hose fitting consistent so both ends use the same size.

We also had an injector nozzle fitting added to accomadate Meth or NOS injection...???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, Cookiemonster117 said:

Just an update to this product, it is no longer being produced by Ramfab. That company is now giving the tools to make it to DTP Fabworks. Messaged him on insta and he said he should be up and running by next week with the tools for it. His email is DTPfabworks@gmail.com

Thank you for the updated purchase Info. I've passed that Info on to Speciak_K for incorporation into the next Ultimate Parts list update.

Yes, we're aware that the list is outdated however, until we update the list the thread has the updates in each post...;-)

Edited by snmjim

• 2 weeks later...