The Ultimate 2.7TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!

Special_K

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, 97novi2k said:

Can you still buy the Addco rear sway bar? I don’t see it on the website anywhere. I plan to call tomorrow but was hoping maybe somebody might know 

I recall an FEF Member reaching out 2 us about 2-3 months ago about the same thing and was able to make it happen once they got N touch with the ADDCO POC.

2 hours ago, 97novi2k said:

Ouch, I was able to order the ADDCO sway bar but it won’t be made and shipped until October 29th ?......no choice but to wait

Were you able to get the recent FaceBook group buy price 20% off?  We won't be getting ours until Oct either!

Not sure if it’s all Covid but getting performance parts for the edge is not easy, I could only imagine the pioneers to even get to this point. I’m not patient and hate waiting lol. All parts below ordered and wait times

Bilstein Front shocks - 3 weeks 

UP Intercooler - 1 month

ADDCO sway bar - 2 months 

TTC Strut Brace - 1 month

• Haha 1

Everything on this list I found fantastic except for Livernois Tune, I would highly recommend going with ZFG over Livernois. Livernois Tune blew my motor within 500Km of the Tune. Data Log showed too much Boost/Compression. They didn’t follow up after several attempts to discuss this, I had to reach out to them & they basically said too bad so sad. With a Excuse of I took too long to Install the Tune after purchasing it,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrbanFree said:

Everything on this list I found fantastic except for Livernois Tune, I would highly recommend going with ZFG over Livernois. Livernois Tune blew my motor within 500Km of the Tune. Data Log showed too much Boost/Compression. They didn’t follow up after several attempts to discuss this, I had to reach out to them & they basically said too bad so sad. With a Excuse of I took too long to Install the Tune after purchasing it,

Its not the first time thats hapened and as far as why they're on the list...we must maintain impartiality.

However, if U reach out 2 us directly U can get our very biased opinion on any topic...?

Note: we have a perfect condition 2.7 with 21k mi and all new seals and reconditioned injectors standing by for the best offer...???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Thought I would post this here also l. Has anyone looked into the CRP Stage 3 turbos. I am thinking this might be a good option and try these out on my build, was surprised they aren’t mentioned here but I could have missed it. 

i wonder how they compare to the comp turbos, I would assume very close.

https://crpengineering.com/product/2015-2019-fusion-edge-2-7l-ecoboost-stage-3-40-6mm-upgrade-turbo-set/

• 2 months later...

I'm in the market for a set of downpipes and Zury is backed up until January, but I did see that Ultimate performance has a set for the Fusion. They are unsure if they will fit the Edge, but the part numbers seem to match up, but my only concern is if the one piece welded setup from Ultimate performance will work. Any knowledge of this would be great! Thanks! 

Front Down Pipe Section 1 Front Down Pipe Section 2 Rear Down Pipe Section 1 Rear Down Pipe Section 2

Fusion 5E212A 5G203A 5E212B 5G203B
Edge 5E212A 5G203A 5E212B 5G203B

Fusion.JPG.ffcceec15391c4b973a4f92c5bbdc806.JPGEdge.JPG.169186024d42407cada8713a5252131d.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bryantgbell said:

I'm in the market for a set of downpipes and Zury is backed up until January, but I did see that Ultimate performance has a set for the Fusion. They are unsure if they will fit the Edge, but the part numbers seem to match up, but my only concern is if the one piece welded setup from Ultimate performance will work. Any knowledge of this would be great! Thanks! 

Front Down Pipe Section 1 Front Down Pipe Section 2 Rear Down Pipe Section 1 Rear Down Pipe Section 2

Since the part numbers are identical, I'd call and inquire about their return policy. I'd also inquire about a possible discount if you're going to be the guinea pig in terms of fitment and performance.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bryantgbell said:

You have to compare the full part numbers. The numbers you listed are only the middle part which identifies the type of part in Ford's system, which is the same for Ford vehicles, the Prefix & Suffix to that number will determine the exact part (model, year, version, ...etc.).

For example, the full part# for 5G203A on the Edge is "F2GZ-5G203-J" while on the Fusion it is "GD9Z-5G203-C". I did not check all the parts, maybe some are identical.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, TopJimmy said:

Just bought a ‘20ST.

are you recommending the SCT X4 vs. Livernois?

any thoughts on the Borla cat back?

It depends on who's tuning  your vehicle.  Livernois uses their proprietary device. Warning you will go through hoops trying to sell it to someone else if and when you out grow it.  Also keep in mind that LMS will only offer you off the shelf tunes. Unless you go to them to have it dyno tuned.

Unleashed used SCT and HPTuners. I would suggest Unleashed or ZFG or BCB in conjunction with HPTuners as a interface. All you need to do is buy a tune from a new tuner when you want to try a new flavor.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TopJimmy said:

TY

I'm new to this, HPtuner is needed to work WITH the tune I choose?

Do I need to change thermostat?

HPTuner is the physical interface to your car that the tuners use the HPTuner software to tune/ calibrate your edge with. Another benefit of HPTuners is that you can use it with multiple vehicles. You would just need to buy the corresponding credits to go with it.  Any tuner that is not Livernois can give you a proper introduction/ explanation.

A lower thermostat will help your engine to run cooler. Running cooler will help to mitigate lag.  The majority of people who run a tune will go with a lower thermostat at some point.

• Like 2

while this may not be considered a performance mod or even an aftermarket part per se, the Motorcraft FL-2087 is a drop in replacement for the FL-2062 (with or without the A), which is made for the 2019-? GT500, which features a synthetic filter media and  a metal internal media support cage instead of plastic.

This should offer superior filtration and significant reduction of the possibility of filter collapse under pressure.

Also, the GT500 used to use the FL-2062 from what I've read so this is a filtration upgrade with no apparent down side

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, Xtra said:

Xtra's CAI or Fresh air intake. Cold Air Intake is now available for G2 - 2015 to 2018  Edges'. Fits most models including the Sport. 

PM Xtra to order one. 

More info in this thread. 

Updated

On 1/3/2021 at 5:49 AM, Cerberus said:

while this may not be considered a performance mod or even an aftermarket part per se, the Motorcraft FL-2087 is a drop in replacement for the FL-2062 (with or without the A), which is made for the 2019-? GT500, which features a synthetic filter media and  a metal internal media support cage instead of plastic.

This should offer superior filtration and significant reduction of the possibility of filter collapse under pressure.

Also, the GT500 used to use the FL-2062 from what I've read so this is a filtration upgrade with no apparent down side

Updated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1