The Ultimate 2.7TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!

Special_K

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 5:33 PM, UrbanFree said:

Everything on this list I found fantastic except for Livernois Tune, I would highly recommend going with ZFG over Livernois. Livernois Tune blew my motor within 500Km of the Tune. Data Log showed too much Boost/Compression. They didn’t follow up after several attempts to discuss this, I had to reach out to them & they basically said too bad so sad. With a Excuse of I took too long to Install the Tune after purchasing it,

FYI,

We haven't been in touch with you about the DPs because we lost your contact Info.

On that note...we have teamed with Zury Fabrications to assist with refining the DPs using an Edge offered up by a member, thnx shout out to onyxbfly, for modeling the pipes.

Thanks 

Should have a final product in 2-4 Wks...;-)

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a product I found in another thread.  I do not have it so I can't say if it is good or bad.  But since this thread seems to be intended as a "master list", and I don't see this product here, I thought I would mention it:

https://www.velossatechdesign.com/products/2018-2019-ford-edge-st-ram-air-big-mouth-w-flare-intake-snorkel

It is a "ram air intake snorkel".  The page only lists compatibility with 2018 Sport and 2019 ST.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

I'm seeing multiple opinions on the Livernois tune some saying that it blew the engine and am wondering what I should go with for my '17 sport? Also would a tune void warranty?

I can't offer comment on the tune, but can confirm that it will void warranty if an attempting to claim for damage that could remotely have been caused by the tune, which means that just about everything could be rejected.

19 hours ago, 1004ron said:

I can't offer comment on the tune, but can confirm that it will void warranty if an attempting to claim for damage that could remotely have been caused by the tune, which means that just about everything could be rejected.

Alright, I'll probably just wait a while before messing with a tune then to keep that warranty. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

This drop-in  works best for me.

Your choice will depend a lot on what you're expecting from an air filter - what would that be?

I was hoping to get a little more airflow than the OEM filter, I read in one of the other forums that the OEM filter restricts airflow and I could see a slight increase in performance if I got one of the other options.

(Sorry forgot to quote the first time)

10 minutes ago, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

I was hoping to get a little more airflow than the OEM filter, I read in one of the other forums that the OEM filter restricts airflow and I could see a slight increase in performance if I got one of the other options.

Unless you've done significant modifications to the engine, intake and exhaust that has increased the capable mass flow that the engine can ingest, the stock OEM filter is more than capable of handling the maximum air flow without the pressure drop across it becoming a limiting factor on performance, while protecting the engine from damaging particulate.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

Unless you've done significant modifications to the engine, intake and exhaust that has increased the capable mass flow that the engine can ingest, the stock OEM filter is more than capable of handling the maximum air flow without the pressure drop across it becoming a limiting factor on performance, while protecting the engine from damaging particulate.

Oh, alright, thanks for your help!

On 2/6/2021 at 12:28 AM, ImLivingOnTheEdge said:

Here is a product I found in another thread.  I do not have it so I can't say if it is good or bad.  But since this thread seems to be intended as a "master list", and I don't see this product here, I thought I would mention it:

https://www.velossatechdesign.com/products/2018-2019-ford-edge-st-ram-air-big-mouth-w-flare-intake-snorkel

It is a "ram air intake snorkel".  The page only lists compatibility with 2018 Sport and 2019 ST.

Added

On 2/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, Donto said:

Let's add the Ridetech Delrin Lined Sway Bar Mounts to get rid of the squeaks others have experienced with the ADDCO supplied bushings, PN 11009255.
Delrin Lined Sway Bar Mounts - Ridetech

good find, added

On 3/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

I'm seeing multiple opinions on the Livernois tune some saying that it blew the engine and am wondering what I should go with for my '17 sport? Also would a tune void warranty?

there are many threads on this, please keep this for parts only

On 3/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

What's the best drop-in air filter I can get for the edge? I've looked at K&N, Green filter, and A&E and I'm not sure which is best.

AFE seems to be preferred since its a dry element.  I have yet to try green filter tho.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Perblue said:

I was excited for aFe's cold air intake but after looking at it it's nothing more than two cone filters in a stock box and for $30 extra you can get a clear lid! So total price is close to $400 for two cone filters!!

I'd much rather see if Xtra would make a V3 for me and support him rather than aFe.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, MB022803 said:

I was excited for aFe's cold air intake but after looking at it it's nothing more than two cone filters in a stock box and for $30 extra you can get a clear lid! So total price is close to $400 for two cone filters!!

I'd much rather see if Xtra would make a V3 for me and support him rather than aFe.

Ditto