What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

On 12/28/2018 at 10:29 PM, chefduane said:

Sorry it took so long to post this re: underhood LED strip.  I installed a pin switch in the location shown by the arrow.  One lead to ground and one to power so that when the pin is released (hood up) the circuit is grounded, the circuit completed, and power goes to the LED strip.  The red line and red dotted line show the wire route up to the LED strip in the circle.  Got the LED strip from 1000bulbs.com.  You can get them in various lengths, wattages, and lumens.  Sorry, I can't specifically remember what I got.  I did the same with the glove box light.  No pics on that yet.  I did not put any additional lighting in the cargo area.  Hope this helps!

Nice light under the hood! It is needed and a clean install. I believe that the reason Ford did not put a light under the hood is because cars nowadays are not that owner serviceable. Think I will copy your idea :2thumbs: . Could you please show some photos and info of how you mounted the switch under the hood.

Edited by Xtra

Again, hate is such a strong word. I would like the option to see the gears displayed at all times in both Standard and Sport modes. Not just when using the paddle shifters as it is now. I would also enjoy a boost gauge added to the Sport or ST trim. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xtra said:

Again, hate is such a strong word. I would like the option to see the gears displayed at all times in both Standard and Sport modes. Not just when using the paddle shifters as it is now. I would also enjoy a boost gauge added to the Sport or ST trim. 

Boost Gauge is now available in the ST. Transmission indicator, the new Ranger has a similar gauge setup as the Edge, and it has the gear indicator as a vertical line (similar to the F-150) on the right instrument screen. Hopefully these can somehow be ported to the Edge someday.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, timfountain said:

Halogen projectors are useless in the dark. Aimed too low from the factory and bordering on dangerous due to the lack of FWD viz.

Well at least this is fixed in the 2019 since they all come with Bi-LED headlights.  I love the ones on my 2019. 

Only thing so far that bothered me is that all the exterior lighting is LED except the license plate lamps on the ST.  Strange that they are standard bulbs when everything is LED.  Heck my Focus ST had LED license plate bulbs on it and no other exterior lights were LED. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

The vanity mirror lights (on the sun visors) are also incandescent bulbs, not LED. 

I noticed that too.. Everything else is bright white while the vanity mirror lights are amber. Definitely need to look into changing those. The headlights are 1000000000X better than my 2011 Sport Halogen projectors. I absolutely love how well they illuminate the road. Street signs also glow from the beam edge broken light spectrum. Weird blue purple incandescent glow that i love.

16 hours ago, omar302 said:

The vanity mirror lights (on the sun visors) are also incandescent bulbs, not LED. 

I did not even check those.  Lol!

I did notice one other thing.  The Traction Control Sport mode is not as nice as the Focus ST sport mode.  It still is a nanny on the traction control and does not allow anywhere near what the Focus allows for tire spin/slip.  I found it better just to turn it right off.  On the Focus you needed to leave it on in Sport to allow for the pseudo limited slip to work via the braking.  It would be nicer to have it allow a little more slip fun before being a total shut the throttle plate.  Maybe if they did an ignition based traction control it would be better. 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:46 PM, Pharsyde6 said:

I would have to say the headlights are by far the worst on my 18. Tried many different bulbs and none seem to help. Anyone know of an aftermarket upgrade?

Offtopic but is your name referencing ASAP Rocky if so that’s one of my favorite songs lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nlitend1 said:

Huge upgrade from the 14 to 17. 

Biggest gripe leg room for driver seems less than the 14. Maybe it's just me.

Overall we had no issues with the 14 and like the 17 even more.

I also have the same issue. 2011 had especially a lot of of room for the left foot. 2016 has limited foot room in comparison. I wear size 13 shoes so I feel it more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two words ... "Turning Radius"  It is just too big. The Edge has a horrible turning radius . The new Lexus UX has a turning radius of only 17.1 foot. 

I have cursed many times in my Edge when I had to make a three point turn that my larger Explorer would have made easily. This is my main complaint with the Edge.  A tight turning radius makes a huge difference in maneuverability and confidence .

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, rwf78155 said:

No rim protection on the tires........scuffed one with curb rash and cost me $150 to fix.

I noticed the new Edge ST with 21 inch Pirelli's (the tires in the picture) have rim protection......They are also ZR rated Pirelli's

Easy fix to prevent this. Don't have the Ford part number but these aftermarket ones wok just as well. Snazzy too! Matches your ride. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LD4UU6U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XHmxCbHFHDNZ2

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Easy fix to prevent this. Don't have the Ford part number but these aftermarket ones wok just as well. Snazzy too! Matches your ride. 

19 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I had those but they got stolen while I was at the MLK celebration and parade !

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, John Rom said:

I've owned my 08 MKX for a month now. The biggest thing that bothers me is the fuse box by the drivers side left foot. It makes it hard to find a comfortable angle on a trip. So far I'm loving everything else.

Ha I have just the opposite I'm 6 ft even and the console hits my right knee at just the wrong spot. plenty of room for my size 13's on the left. I feel console is about 1 1/2 to wide on that side. Even a padded console would help!

• 3 weeks later...

'15 SEL - I'm like a lot of the earlier posts - very hard to pick something out. Probably the only one or two things - the condensation in the rear light bar (previously posted about), and when you're not in 'S' the engine/throttle response seems waaaay too subdued for a vehicle that was marketed as a SPORT utility vehicle - heavy on the sportiness of it's driving character.