What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

7 hours ago, jeffdeq said:

When I am trying to trigger the tailgate, standing on one leg while swinging the other leg in/out, back/forth, I know some body is getting a good laugh if I’m in a parking lot. However, when At home and I’m washing the vehicle, the tailgate will go up no less than 5 times from water splashing. 
SMH!

A salute is in order for washing your own vehicle rather than paying to have it sprayed with hydrofluoric acid and other toxic chemicals.   Meanwhile your issues are easily solved!

1. Only move your foot in/out.  The sensor doesn't even see a side to side motion most of the time.  Practice it a couple of times at home and you'll find a sweet spot where a single kick always opens the liftgate.

2. Install a key hook someplace handy but at least 3 feet from the car.  Without the fob the liftgate won't spontaneously open and the doors won't keep cycling through lock/unlock while you're doing the wash either.

Shiny car, no more gremlins....win!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

A salute is in order for washing your own vehicle rather than paying to have it sprayed with hydrofluoric acid and other toxic chemicals.   Meanwhile your issues are easily solved!

1. Only move your foot in/out.  The sensor doesn't even see a side to side motion most of the time.  Practice it a couple of times at home and you'll find a sweet spot where a single kick always opens the liftgate.

2. Install a key hook someplace handy but at least 3 feet from the car.  Without the fob the liftgate won't spontaneously open and the doors won't keep cycling through lock/unlock while you're doing the wash either.

Shiny car, no more gremlins....win!

Thanks, I did not realize that!

On 24 décembre 2019 at 12:39 PM, ZZOOGG said:

My 2017 edge sel is our third one. Love it overall. 

The only complaints I have refer to things it doesn’t have. 

I wish it had the following options:

— front parking sensors

— power tailgate

— moon roof

— power up rear seat backs

My next one will probably be the Lincoln version and I’ll get all of this stuff. Until then I’m really happy with everything!!

No real need to buy a Lincoln to have these options… They're all included in the Titanium package except for power up seat backs. they can be remotely folded down at the press of a button but not back up.

Claude.

On 1 septembre 2019 at 4:09 PM, mrmikesdeuce said:

I don't hate my Edge ('19 Titanium). I actually like it a lot. I bought a Titanium, but wanted a ST. I hated the black interior, the 20" wheels, and the trailer hitch. Unfortunately that's the only way the ST comes. I really do like my Edge, but would've preferred the bigger motor of the ST.

Same here. I would've liked the V6 from the ST but had to pass on it because I didn't like the all-black, no chrome look. :(

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

7 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

No real need to buy a Lincoln to have these options… They're all included in the Titanium package except for power up seat backs. they can be remotely folded down at the press of a button but not back up.

Claude.

I never knew that the Lincolns had power up seat backs. I found it odd that it was omitted from the edge. I had a 03 expedition that had power up seat backs.

23 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I never knew that the Lincolns had power up seat backs. I found it odd that it was omitted from the edge. I had a 03 expedition that had power up seat backs.

The MKX/Nautilus does not have power up rear seat backs. It has the same mechanism as in the Edge. It is actually quite rare to have the 2nd row (middle row in case of a 3 row SUV) that has power up seat backs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omar302 said:

The MKX/Nautilus does not have power up rear seat backs. It has the same mechanism as in the Edge. It is actually quite rare to have the 2nd row (middle row in case of a 3 row SUV) that has power up seat backs.

Thanks for the clarification. I was going off of what 2FASTRU stated about the Lincoln options.  You are correct. The third row of my expedition had power up seat backs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

I was going off of what 2FASTRU stated about the Lincoln options. 

I never said anything about Lincolns having power up seat backs! :huh: … What I said is that Edge Titaniums have the remote fold-down seat backs but not back up.

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

18 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Claude.

55 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

I never said anything about Lincolns having power up seat backs! :huh: … What I said is that Edge Titaniums have the remote fold-down seat backs but not back up.

Claude.

Apologies, I misunderstood your post.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a 2019 SEL and the injector noise is somewhat noticeable. While looking under to the hood, I noticed NO sound insulation under it?!? I came here for some info, all I can find is a post from chefduane that clearly shows a insulation pad under his hood. I have found a part no. for a 2019 insulator. Has Ford deleted these from production, is it an owner installed "accessory"??? 

Thanks in Advance

27 minutes ago, Zoomer said:

Has Ford deleted these from production, is it an owner installed "accessory"???

Sadly, yes.  Ford deleted the hood insulation along with the engine top sound deadening cover and....one of the two horns beginning with the '19 model.  Good news, you've already found the under hood insulator that's a very simple install, the engine cover is the same for all late model 2.0L engines so you should be able to find one on eBay or a local wrecking yard.  As for the horn, adding a second one is as simple as ordering a second horn and attaching it to the existing bracket or have some more eBay or wrecking yard fun to find a replacement.

Oh, congrats on your new Edge!  You've made a great choice.

I just picked up a 2016 Sport, almost fully loaded. It lacks the adaptive cruise control, but has everything else. All my complaints are nitpicks and overall I'm really enjoying the vehicle, especially the heated steering wheel. The engine blew on a Subaru Impreza hatchback, which was as base of a model as you can get, so I'm a bit spoiled with all the features. I've only had the Edge for 16 days, but here are my thoughts: 

Of concern for me: 

-The heated seat backs don't seem to heat up, just the seat bottom portion. I've noticed the known issue on the cooled seat backs not getting cool. I'm not finding any info on the heated seat backs though. If it does heat up I can barely feel it compared to the seat bottom, which gets quite warm. I did some searching here without result. Any advice there? 

-No 1-touch up/down for the back windows.

-No 1-touch close for the pano roof.

-The A and B pillars are kind of thick.

-No 360 camera. The 180 is nice though, just seems silly not to put cameras on the side. 

-The windshield is far away from the driver, so a cell phone window mount didn't work well for me and I didn't want one attached to the dash. I paid the money for a ProClip mount for my phone and it works quite well. 

-No 12V on the drivers side or in the front bin/cubby (makes mounting a radar detector much more difficult, especially when I can't reach the mute button on the unit, and it's hard to reach to the SmartCord on the right side of the center console. I'm looking at an extender though.

-Some of the climate control functions should be manual buttons, like where the air is blowing out of. There's plenty of room on the center stack for it. Same for the heated steering wheel. 

-Sun visors don't reach all the way back, so there's a gap where sun can still get in.

-Wide turning radius.

-The steering is nice, but took a couple days to get used to. I curbed a wheel a little bit because it turned way sharper than I was anticipating within the first few hours of driving it. I'm used to it now. 

-The parking sensors are great, but a little too sensitive. I've had cars in one lane over be a little too close to my lane (and me them, but no danger of contact) and the sensors went off. 

-No passenger side dimming mirror.

-Rear seats don't go completely flat.

Since it's my first post I'm going to cheat and put some things I really enjoy, too:

-Parallel and perpendicular parking works well, as does the park-out feature. 

-Power tailgate/kick sensors are great-one try opens the lift gate every time. 

-It defrosts really quickly.

-It heats up quickly.

-Power-it's fast for a SUV.

-The seats are pretty comfortable, and I have back and knee issues.

-Heated steering wheel-the whole things heats up vs just the sides. 

-Pano roof and a completely opaque cover/shade. 

-Reclining rear seats/heated rear seats.

-Sync 3 was really easy to upgrade from 1.0 to 3.0. 

-USB module replacement was easy with a paint can opener tool. Took about 5 minutes to swap out for a CarPlay enabled module.

-Mine is blacked out, but someone decided to put chrome door handle covers on it. Spend about 2 hours taking those off and removing the adhesive. It looks so much better now. 

• 2 months later...

I've had my '19 Edge Titanium for almost a year now (bought it in July '19) and I must say that the concerns I had about having a 4 cyl. engine instead a V6 (like I had in my '11 MKX and my '16 Edge) were wrong. I find it more "peppier" than the V6 and it takes less gas (maybe in part because of the "start&stop" feature, I dunno) but in the end, I'm very happy with my Edge. :2thumbs:

Claude. :love_shower:

13 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

I've had my '19 Edge Titanium for almost a year now (bought it in July '19) and I must say that the concerns I had about having a 4 cyl. engine instead a V6 (like I had in my '11 MKX and my '16 Edge) were wrong. I find it more "peppier" than the V6 and it takes less gas (maybe in part because of the "start&stop" feature, I dunno) but in the end, I'm very happy with my Edge. :2thumbs:

Claude. :love_shower:

Ive said this many times.  I would have  preferred the 2.0Leb over the 3.7L in our MKX.  I just miss that almost instant torque off the line.

• 3 weeks later...

Daliner, once you have the sunvisor over to the side, you can slide it rearward on it's rod.

Things I wish my 17 Sport had....

Power folding mirrors

Available splash guards

The ability to tilt open the sunroof and then close the shade most of the way for venting while parked and locked up.

An exposed lock cylinder to manually unlock the drivers door.  That removable plastic piece is dumb.

Love going from 166 hp (CRV) to 315!

A couple of things after driving my '15 Ti for a month now.  Blindspot mirrors aren't in the best position.  Need to be more outward IMO.  MFT keeps kicking the radio out of 'surround' mode and back to 'stereo' at seemingly random times.  Anyone know why this happens?

Edited by WxManChris

12 hours ago, WxManChris said:

A couple of things after driving my '15 Ti for a month now.  Blindspot mirrors aren't in the best position.  Need to be more outward IMO.  

Your mirrors are probably not adjusted correctly.  You should not be able to see the side of the vehicle.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WxManChris said:

Blindspot mirrors aren't in the best position.  Need to be more outward IMO.

Here's a neat trick I learned at the Bondourant driving school in Arizona.  To set your left outside mirror put your cheek against the window then adjust the mirror inward or outward until you can 'just' see the side of your car.  The right side is pretty much the same but adjust it out so it 'just' leaves the view of the right side.  Now when you're driving you'll have a complete panoramic view.   As vehicles leave the left or right side of your center (cabin) mirror they'll begin appearing in your side mirrors.   The vertical adjustment is on you but ideally the mirror will put a typical car's grille smack in the middle.   BTW if you're used to seeing the whole side of your car in the mirror it'll take a little time to get used to the new setup but you'll see a whole lot more road now.

• Like 3

I hear you.  But there’s no reason for the blind spot mirror to cover 2/3 of the regular mirror.  My 09 Edge was by far more optimized.  My 12 Explorer is too.

I only have a sliver of the mirror on the side of my car for bearing.  Maybe I’ll upload a pic when I get home.  Still feel there’s an area in the blind spot that is underserved.

Edited by WxManChris

You can clearly see the angle Outward is much sharper on the 09 mirror vs 15 mirror.  

No reason they shouldn’t bend more out than in.  Minor complaint overall.  If anything it makes me a better driver knowing I better continue looking over my shoulder. 

Love the new to me Edge overall. 

B53920A0-5044-42CB-BF40-48D4B6CEB2B8.jpeg

83BE62A3-6C39-4547-8982-BCE8292C23F2.jpeg

Edited by WxManChris

They are made as a single unit.

My 09 came with standard mirrors. They didn't come out with the mirrors with the wide angle inserts until mid year.

I bought replacment mirrors and installed on both right and left mirrors. Huge improvement over standard mirrors. Show cars in blind spot.

Easy to change out.

• 9 months later...