enigma-2

What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

And yet... Last quarter... The Edge had one of the highest ratings for loyalty ownership across all vehicles.  RIP Edge after 2023 as Ford doesn't listen to customers.

Not necessarily a hate, but I really dislike the fact that the left gauge cluster panel doesn't revert back to previous screen after using paddle shifters.

It switches over to the round tach, but after it times out, stays on that screen.

My 14 Explorer Sport would revert back to whatever screen it was on previously (usually fuel mileage).

Edited by Odrapnew

I have a 2017 EDGE SEL. One thing I don't like is when it randomly drops Android Auto while I use the NAV function on my phone or states that the USB device is not recognized.

This only happens when the phone is plugged in and I have used both USB ports, but this nuisance still occurs.

I have a 2009 Limited (fully loaded, almost every option). It has power driver and passenger seats, however, the seat backs are manual. You have to lift the lever and lean forward or back and release the lever to adjust the angle on the seat backs. Hate it!

On 8/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, Elfiero said:

I have a 2019 edge st I have two things I don't "love" about this vehicle. The EXPLODER I traded in had power folding outside mirrors I sort of miss those. Two. My sound system doesn't want to play my iPod . it appears to play, but no sound comes out. that's ok, I don't use it anyways.

X2 on the power folding mirrors.

That goofy cubby area in the center console under the dash (in front of and over the power port on the passenger side), with no rear facing access. I don't see how it is useful for anything. Also the center console storage, glove box, door storage...are small. I tried putting the contents of my old 2017 Escape into the same compartments in the Edge, and they don't fit, at all. Only part bigger is the little tray in the console storage area, which was gum, chapstick, pen and pencil.

8 hours ago, dabangsta said:

That goofy cubby area in the center console under the dash (in front of and over the power port on the passenger side), with no rear facing access. I don't see how it is useful for anything. Also the center console storage, glove box, door storage...are small. I tried putting the contents of my old 2017 Escape into the same compartments in the Edge, and they don't fit, at all. Only part bigger is the little tray in the console storage area, which was gum, chapstick, pen and pencil.

The only use that ive ever had for it was a place to set a phone (Or other item) that is charging from the power outlet on the side there. 

Somewhere in a remote engineering building at the Ford Motor Company, a design engineer sits in the dark, snickering quietly to himself, as he remembers designing that stupid, worthless opening in that console, which has no practical use.

Wondering how many people are trying to figure out its use,  when he simply had an argument with his wife and decided to take it out on tbe design of the Edge.

Heh, heh, heh.

• Like 1